The Author Appreciation Guild
Authors paint with words. Here, at the Author Appreciation Guild, we love the art they create & everything those words have given to us. We want to give something back. We offer concrit & advice guides; we want to help authors improve.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
o hai thar its elle

Basically, here's the place to list down any songs, artists or bands you'd recommend, for any purpose - whether it's writing, drawing, or just for fun. I noticed a bunch of songs appearing in the chat thread, and though we could create our own Inspiration Playlist. Cheesy, I know. Plus, I guess I'm just interested as to your music tastes. :)

Just post the name of the song, and the artist/s, and I'll add it to the iInspire playlist.

Enjoy!

~ elle

9/27/2010 . Edited 10/27/2010 #1
o hai thar its elle

iInspire Playlist:

When We First Met — Automatic Loveletter

Hey Jude, Yellow Submarine — the Beatles

All the Small Things, I Miss You, What's My Age Again? — Blink 182

I've Got Nothing — Chartjackers

Death and All His Friends — Coldplay

Bang the Doldrums — Fall Out Boy

Topsy Turvy — Family Force 5

23 Days — Framing Hanley

Drive, Anna Molly — Incubus

Oblivious — Kalafina

Always Running Out of Time — Motion City Soundtrack

Famous Last Words, Helena — My Chemical Romance

The Melody of a Fallen Tree — Windsor for The Derby

Starstrukk, Don't Trust Me, Still Around — 3OH!3

(MORE TO BE ADDED)

~ elle

9/27/2010 . Edited 10/6/2010 #2
A. E. Stover

Hahaha I love this! I don't know how this works with you guys, but I always assign a song to a story before I start developing the nitty gritty details of it. The song sort of becomes the story's theme for me lololol.

I've been listening to Hey Jude and Mal'chik Gei for MAELSTROM, The Melody of a Fallen Tree Song for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Yellow Submarine for Let Sleeping Dogs Lie. I've got Death and All His Friends for Eyes on the Horizon, Yes! for The Audacity of Man, and Here It Goes Again for MINDSCREW, some stuff I'm attempting to work on at the moment.

I love talking about this sort of stuff, as you can see.... OTL

9/27/2010 . Edited 11/1/2012 #3
ohgoditsbriony

Bwaha, I youtube'd Mal'chik Gei, and you would not believe the amount of Ouran High School Host Club AMVs there were. Now to Google the lyrics.. 8D

Uhm, I want to add Always Running Out of Time to the list, by Motion City Soundtrack; gosh, I love that song! I've been listening to it non-stop, whenever I write Masquerade chapters; I also listen to Topsy Turvy, Bang the Doldrums and I've Got Nothing, by the Chartjackers! 8DDDD (The last is a guilty pleasure, I'll admit.)

9/27/2010 #4
sasukes

Crap! Wrong account. *mad face*

Repost, for when Elle takes AiW off. :)

-

I listen to a lot of Lady Gaga, Blink-182, My Chemical Romance and 3OH!3 when I write.

Some of the main songs: What's My Age Again - Blink-182 All The Small Things - Blink-182 I Miss You - Blink-182 Helena - My Chemical Romance Famous Last Words - My Chemical Romance Starstrukk - 3OH!3 Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3 Still Around - 3OH!3

And every Lady Gaga song. And I do mean every. :)

9/27/2010 #5
Nautica Dawn

Music, music.

Anything by Automatic Loveletter or Kalafina. Especially When We First Met and Oblivious, respectively. Also Drive and Anna Molly by Incubus.

Scene specific stuff:

Tragedy: Wasted Away by Sunday Punch, What is This Love? by Blue Rodeo ft. Sarah McLachlan, and Wrap Your Arms Around Me by Barenaked Ladies

Romance: Drops of Jupiter by Train, I Miss You by Blink-182, and Kiri by Monoral

Drama: Samson by Regina Spektor, gravity by Luna Sea, End Transmission and Okay, I Feel Better, both by A.F.I., and Black, Black Heart by David Usher

Happy/Fluff: River Flows In You by Yiruma, Fukaimori by Do As Infinity, and Close Every Valve to Your Bleeding Heart by Ha Ha Tonka

Action: Headstrong by Trapt, Savior by Rise Against, and Make A Move by Lostprophets

Horror: Shankill Butchers by The Decemberists, Bells For Her by Tori Amos, and 37mm by A.F.I.

9/28/2010 #6
Pandastacia

Oh, I love "Drops of Jupiter" by Train! I saw them in concert when they came to town.

"Sour Candy" feat. Josh Ramsey by Carly Rae Jepsen, which Hikari showed me. :) For angsty romance, I think.

"Say You Don't Want It" by One Night Only

"Mr. Brightside", "Smile Like You Mean It", & "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers

"You Stupid Girl" by Framing Hanley

"What Do You Want From Me" by Forever the Sickest Kids

"Stay With Me" by You Me At Six

10/3/2010 . Edited 10/25/2010 #7
windsilk

Mm, music. A list, in no particular order.

Incubus - Drive, Dig

Regina Spektor - Us, Better, Fidelity, Samson

Within Temptation - Memories, What Have You Done, Angel, and more...

Lady Gaga - every single song, seriously.

Coldplay - nearly every song, but recently, Fix You, The Scientist, Lovers in Japan, and Violet Hill

All Time Low - Painting Flowers (yes, there is my Alice obsession).

Anberlin - Inevitable

Asobi Seksu - Walk on the Moon, Thursday

Britney Spears - guilty pleasure; her songs are way catchy

Glee Cast - anything they sing, really, I love; really, I do

Caroline - Winter

Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)

Evanescence - Field of Innocence

Jack's Mannequin - Dark Blue

The Killers - Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me

Mae - Awakening (so, so beautiful; go listen, seriously)

John Lennon - Imagine

Snow Patrol - If You Could Be Happy, Chasing Cars, Set the Fire to the Third Bar

Vienna Teng - Gravity

Mike Olfield - Tubular Bells (from the Exorcist, haha)

Yiruma - River Flows in You

Globus - Diem Ex Dei

Blink-182 - I Miss You, All the Small Things

Train - Drops of Jupiter, If It's Love

Mozart - Lacrimosa

Lizst - Consolation No. 3

Lucy Schwartz - Gravity

That was a long list. I'm not even done yet. But I suppose that's enough for now. (:

10/22/2010 . Edited 10/22/2010 #8
Pandastacia

30 Seconds To Mars- All of their songs on "This Is War", but "This is War", "Night of the Hunter", & "Closer to the Edge" the absolute most. :)))))

10/22/2010 #9
ohgoditsbriony

Okay, I don't normally listen to this, but I have to add B.O.B; Magic, Cee Lo Green; Fuck You and Travis McCoy; Billionaire. I've been listening to them on repeat for, like, ages; they're all so insanely catchy, it's wonderful.

I promise.

:)

10/25/2010 . Edited 10/25/2010 #10
xelectricskies

THE WEIRDEST AND (PRESUMABLY) LONGEST PLAYLIST:

Nelly Furtado - Silencio (ft. Josh Groban); Fuerte (ft. Concha Buika).

Edward Maya - Stereo Love (ft. Vika Jigulina).

Far East Movement - Like a G6; Don't Look Now; 3D; OMG.

Apocalyptica - Broken Pieces (ft. Lacey).

Tokio Hotel - Monsoon (iTaMaRc Remix); Strange (ft. Kerli).

Alicia Keys - Put It In A Love Song (ft. Beyonce).

Inoue Joe - Closer.

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Haruka Kanata.

UVERworld - D-tecnolife.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Your Guardian Angel; Face Down.

Travie McCoy - Need You.

AND EVERY DJ PROJECT, BFMV, PARAMORE, SLIPKNOT AND 30STM SONG. (:

and some other songs I'll add later. :3

11/4/2010 . Edited 11/13/2010 #11
Nautica Dawn

Added to my playlist:

Every song ever recorded by Black Veil Brides

Witness-Jakalope (with added vocals by J.Ramsay)

The Lucky Ones-Brendan James

She-Clay Hughes (local artist from Kansas City, Missouri. Works with Sharp County Records and Lennon Bone)

Sing Me To Sleep-Fran Healy ft. Neko Case

Walk Around the Lake-Lost in the Trees

Life is Beautiful-Sixx:A.M.

Konstantine-Something Corporate

11/4/2010 #12
windsilk

New song!

Dream by Priscilla Ahn.

11/7/2010 #13
Just Lovely

Some songs in no particular order because I'm trying to think of something to write for NaNoWriMo.

---

B2ST- Oasis

SHINee- A-Yo, Lucifer

Cascada- Truly, Madly, Deeply

DBSK- Why did I fall in love with you?

Do As Infinity- Fukai Mori

Hey Monday- I don't want to dance (and others because Sonya got me hooked on them :D)

Joe Hisaishi- Always With Me, One Summer's Day, Howl's Moving Castle Theme, Flower Garden, The Huge Tree in the Tukamori Forest, Reprise

Michelle Branch- Everywhere, Just Breathe

Olivia inspi-REIRA- A Little Pain

Plain White T's- Our Time Now, Write You A Song

Rie Fu- Until I Say, Life is like a Boat

Super Junior- Bonamana, No Other

Taeyang- Wedding Dress

These Kids Wear Crowns- Break It Up

~will be added to

11/7/2010 #14
Just Lovely

Some songs in no particular order because I'm trying to think of something to write for NaNoWriMo.

---

B2ST- Oasis

SHINee- A-Yo, Lucifer

Cascada- Truly, Madly, Deeply

DBSK- Why did I fall in love with you?

Do As Infinity- Fukai Mori

Hey Monday- I don't want to dance (and others because Sonya got me hooked on them :D)

Joe Hisaishi- Always With Me, One Summer's Day, Howl's Moving Castle Theme, Flower Garden, The Huge Tree in the Tukamori Forest, Reprise

Michelle Branch- Everywhere, Just Breathe

Olivia inspi-REIRA- A Little Pain

Plain White T's- Our Time Now, Write You A Song

Rie Fu- Until I Say, Life is like a Boat

Super Junior- Bonamana, No Other

Taeyang- Wedding Dress

These Kids Wear Crowns- Break It Up

~will be added to

11/7/2010 #15
xelectricskies

Gais. (uh, I'm not sure if I should post this here in this specific thread, but I'm in need of help with some music and I'm needing inspiration, knaaamean?) so, uh, does anyone here know of any party-type songs that make you all hyper and shit or songs that sound similar to the list below?

Said List:

#1. Metro Station - Shake It

#2. Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk

#3. The Medic Droid - Fer Sure

#4. 3oh!3 - Don't Trust Me

#5. Blink182 - All the Small Things

#6. The Veronicas - 4ever

#7. Forever the Sickest Kids - Whoa Oh (ft. Selena Gomez)

|some of the songs are not influenced by les' fanfic soda pop. note mai sarcasm, plz.|

11/13/2010 . Edited 11/13/2010 #16
Pandastacia

I can't even explain what kind of mood I'm in, but...

I'm pretty sure someone someone (maybe even me) mentioned Stolen by Dashboard Confessional.

But I was just reading something & that made me look up The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice. It was in the movie Closer, with Natalie Portman, Jude Law, & Julia Roberts. & Lisa sings a small stanza in it. Yes, it is a little repetitive, but the... tone & emotion invoked is veryveryvery important. Just... listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXVMCHG-Nk

It's... heartstring throbbing & it makes me want to cry & write tragic angst.

12/2/2010 #17
windsilk

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri

I heard it, like, once, and I completely adore it. Makes me think hurt/comfort, lighter angst, etc. And it's just so lyrical-flowy-contemporary.

12/13/2010 #18
xelectricskies

Kanye West -- Paranoid (ft. Kid Cudi) -- god, this is making me want to write some sort of creepy supernatural shit, or something I can't just explain yet. XDDD

Nickelback -- Far Away -- choice wedding song. mhm.

12/14/2010 #19
windsilk

Oh, andand:

Every Time We Touch, by Cascada

12/14/2010 #20
xelectricskies

OMIGOD. I HEARD CASCADA. What Hurts The Most (both slow and techno) is total love. Others that have both slow and techno include DJ Sammy - Heaven; DHT - Listen to Your Heart and some other one I can't remember right now.

K-Pop forthewin: GD & TOP -- High High; GD -- Heartbreaker; f(x) -- NU ABO // Lachata; SNSD -- Gee // Genie; SuJu -- Sorry Sorry; BIGBANG -- Tell Me Goodbye // Beautiful Hangover (okay, technically, this is J-Pop, but whatevur XD);

J-Pop: Perfume -- Electro World; High and Mighty -- Ichirin no Hana; Domino -- U Can Do It; Sugiyama Noriaki -- Suigintou no Yoru; Tamaki Nami -- Reason

Other songs: Counting Crows -- Big Yellow Taxi (ft. Vanessa Carlton); Bruno Mars -- Marry You; Stardust -- Music Sounds Better With You; Daft Punk -- Around the World; Pendulum -- Watercolour; Three Days Grace -- I Hate Everything About You; Black Eyed Peas -- The Time (Dirty Bit); Keri Hilson -- Pretty Girl Rock; BoA -- I Did It For Love (ft. Sean Garrett); John Legend -- Green Light (ft. Andre 3000) // Ordinary People // Save Room;

gah, I'll post more later. XDDDDDD I LOVE MUSICCCCCCC. heart.

12/14/2010 #21
xelectricskies

...i'm spamming here. i probs will eventually.

Kesha -- Run Devil Run

SNSD -- Run Devil Run (this is in Korean :3)

Armin van Buuren -- Youtopia (ft. Adam Young) (preferably the one off the Ministry of Sound Annual 2011 album 8D)

Kanye West -- Runaway

Plan B -- She Said

12/26/2010 #22
TwistedInABottle

The Big Bang - By, um, I don't remember...lemme see...the Rock Mafia. Awesome song, awesome. Makes me want to write some high stakes sexy dangerous thriller.

1/30/2011 #23
fran drinks tea

this is the future—owl city.

it's my new writing music. seriously, i can write anything for however long when i have that song on repeat.

and the high school of the dead ost has some pretty inspiring stuff on it. :D

(i'll probably elaborate on this later.)

2/10/2011 #24
TwistedInABottle

'Emergency' by The Answering Machine. (This is a UK band, and the music is just, WOW)

'It's Over! It's Over! It's Over!' and 'Obviously cold' and 'Animal' and 'Lightbulb' all by The Answering Machine

2/15/2011 #25
sasukes

Escape The Fate and Alkaline Trio.

2/15/2011 #26
xelectricskies

SHINee :: Ring Ding Dong, Noona Is So Pretty (Replay) (Boom Track), Love Like Oxygen

Brown Eyed Girls :: Abracadabra

GD&TOP :: Baby Good Night, Oh Yeah (ft. Park Bom), Don't Go Home

2NE1 :: Can't Nobody (both Korean & English), Clap Your Hands

Seungri :: I Know (ft. IU)

f(x) :: Lollipop (ft. M.I.C.)

_________

Dumbfoundead :: Clouds (ft. Jay Park and Clara Chung), Bubba Kush

Notorious B.I.G. :: Get Money (Remix)

Nicki Minaj :: Super Bass, Moment 4 Life (ft. Drake)

Rihanna :: Raining Men (ft. Nicki Minaj)

_________

2/17/2011 #27
Pandastacia

He Is We :: Happily Ever After // http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbo3LYv7V2c

It's all about looking forward, wondering what life has in store for us & how each of us has a life worth living- "we all have a story to tell". It's pop & something that's hard to deny swaying & dancing to.

"Oh, happily ever after-

Wouldn't ya know, wouldn't ya know

Oh, skip to the ending-

Who'd like to know? I'd like to know!

Are there other moments?

Can you tell me, do I end up, do I end up happy?"

LoveSick Radio :: Boys Don't Matter // http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcZdvqkOgs

"Boys Don't Matter" is, pure & simply, about abuse. It's about the girl leaving the guy because of it &, of course, the guy wondering where everything went wrong. The chorus itself shows that there's nothing wrong with being alone & not in a relationship- "No more waiting by the phone. She's not afraid just to be alone. Boys don't, boys don't matter. She's going out with all her friends, She's starting to feel free again. She said, 'Boys don't, Boys don't matter." It's a bit rock, but it's kind of the spirit of the song even if you don't like rock, I think. :)

"She's been so hurt, he's been so mean-

Smacks her around like she's a tambourine.

It's her time to laugh, it's her time to sing.

Now it's her time to just try anything.

Now she's running through his mind.

He's wondering why she said goodbye."

2/24/2011 #28
windsilk

not the type of stuff I usually listen to, but:

summer nights by cassie steele.

3/31/2011 #29
sasukes

The Beatles.

enough said with just that.

4/18/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: o hai thar its elle Pandastacia, sasukes, windsilk, A. E. Stover
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member