The Author Appreciation Guild
Authors paint with words. Here, at the Author Appreciation Guild, we love the art they create & everything those words have given to us. We want to give something back. We offer concrit & advice guides; we want to help authors improve.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Destroyed Illusions

all the pics are so pretty!

is it just me or does stover's art-club one feature Piplups? & there's one with Red & Pikachu O_O i swear, it's like i'm playing Platinum again. or i might be hallucinating. it happens.

briony;;

seeing as you created this thread, can you add a poll? i know it's possible to add a poll, but i'm not sure if it's possible without being an admin/mod. it would be easier, you know? unless you can use the account to create and poll and have everyone vote on it? i mean, all the pics are a little hard to keep track of.

http://www.polyvore.com/blow_bigger_bubbles/thing?id=9771818

http://www.polyvore.com/were_rolling_all_my_oreos/thing?id=10241498

http://www.polyvore.com/im_not_even_on_drugs/thing?id=18553573

http://www.polyvore.com/butterflyimak/thing?id=17604409

http://www.polyvore.com/princess_blog/thing?id=11141046

http://www.polyvore.com/emmas_icon_use/thing?id=14994162

http://www.polyvore.com/ffffound_andi_b_tumblr_dukkha_xenializ/thing?id=14508061

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/thing?id=21172672

1/11/2011 #91
Lessthanthree-Carissa

Aw, Jenny, they are all so pretty. *gushes*

1/11/2011 #92
sarsaparillia

Mmmm, I like the first one & the second-to-last one.

1/11/2011 #93
ohgoditsbriony

I can't figure out how to make the poll; I might have to just do it like the last vote we had, on the name. D:

1/11/2011 #94
sasukes

poll? what poll?

1/11/2011 #95
Destroyed Illusions

couldn't you use the account to make a poll? or just like last time is fine. :D

1/11/2011 #96
ohgoditsbriony

o1. Sai

o2. Art Club

o3. Team 7 Monkey Business

o4. Oreos

o5. Everyone Deserves to Sparkle

o6. Writing is Life

o7. Rainbow Shoes

o8. Pretty Blue Glitter

::::

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to put a poll, but I hyperlinked it all & pretty much wrote a description. Pick two, once again, and hopefully we'll end up with a clear winner~

FFFFUUUUU; not only did the hyperlinks not work, but Justin Bieber is on CSI. Fail hard.

1/11/2011 . Edited 1/11/2011 #97
sarsaparillia

rainbow shoes & everyone deserves to sparkle

mmm, the hyperlinks didn't work.

1/11/2011 #98
ohgoditsbriony

I know, Sara; I've tried it three times now, and each time, they just vanish. I give up. D:

And Les, forget about the poll~ It's this one that matters now. ;)

1/11/2011 #99
sasukes

Sai and Team 7 Monkey Business.

1/11/2011 #100
Lessthanthree-Carissa

Sai and Everybody Deserves to Glitter

1/11/2011 #101
A. E. Stover

Art Club & Oreos :D

1/11/2011 #102
windsilk

Sai...and...

Either Team 7 Monkey Business or Pretty Blue Glitter. But I'm not entirely sure which glitter one you're referring to with the latter because isn't there two glitter ones that are blue? Like the ones with all the stars in it...and the one in the hands. If it's the one with the stars in it...actually, no. I was looking back at it again and I changed my mind.

Sai and Team 7 Monkey Business.

1/11/2011 #103
Destroyed Illusions

Uhm, the Team Seven one &......

Well.... the rainbow shoes. O__o

1/12/2011 #104
Just Lovely

Art Club and Team Seven.

1/12/2011 #105
SpeedDemon315

I'm voting for the Writing is Life pic, if the poll is still on.

And Briony, I'll do my best to give you a short description of myself ASAP. Right now, I have finish other things. :P

1/12/2011 #106
ohgoditsbriony

Okay, I figured I'm probably going to close this vote in a bit. Because the account needs a picture, and fast. :)

1/13/2011 #107
SpeedDemon315

Roger that.

1/13/2011 #108
ohgoditsbriony

I'm pretty much on the Team 7 bandwagon, and I think that won by four or five, so we'll use that one for now! :)

1/14/2011 #109
deliriousnight

Um, I'm not on the list either? Do you want me to send my description thingie tho'?

1/15/2011 #110
ohgoditsbriony

Yes please, Soul! :)

1/16/2011 #111
Dee Jay UU

Has anyone even started writing anything for this yet?

1/18/2011 #112
ohgoditsbriony

Not yet! I was going to ask about that, actually;

Do we want a set of prompts & the like to set us off, and then we can just pair up? Or do we want Elle to pair us all up? Anyone who doesn't want to take part could just say so in here. Also, do we want to take it in turns to set down prompts & do match-ups, or do we just want it to be Elle?

:)

1/18/2011 #113
Dee Jay UU

Not sure. We could do both?

1/18/2011 #114
ohgoditsbriony

I think we can all add a prompt; like, a line each; and then Elle could pair us all up, if we want to do it? Or have one word, which we write a one-shot themed about? We could also have pairing collections; most of us write SasuSaku, so we could just begin a collection for that, which we could write for and add to whenever we want.

1/18/2011 #115
windsilk

You are filled with marvelous ideas, Briony! :D I like all of them. I think we should do everything. But you know, not all at once. That might be a bit much.

&& Did we want to post Project: Elle! and such on the profile? Since that was technically our first collab thing, ever.

1/18/2011 #116
Just Lovely

I think we should do both. maybe like one section with Elle pairing us up and then the other where we can choose?

I think everyone could set down a prompt or two and then we'll see where it goes from there...?

I'll take part, but not until after January :( - exams are stressing me out!

1/18/2011 #117
ohgoditsbriony

THIS DIED. D:

Anyway! I'm going to quickly attempt to resurrect it with a few ideas. :)

:::::

IDEA ONE:

Much like the Secret Santa we did together, I was wondering if we wanted to do something a bit like that for each other. With some of us having exams, and just general life, I guess, it'd probably be nice for everyone to have a little bit of a distraction; something which'll just make us smile, I guess. :)

IDEA TWO:

I was thinking, this could be a bit more of a competition. Someone could set a prompt and a pairing, and then, through a pick of the hat, we could each pair up - bar the person who set the prompt and the pairing. Then we could each write a little collab one-shot, and turn it into a bit of a competition. We could have a judge - either the person who picked the prompt or someone who isn't at all from the forum - choose who used the prompts best.

Or, alternatively, if we didn't want the competition bit, we could each take the same prompt & see how we all used it differently?

IDEA THREE:

This was pretty much inspired by Les, Sonya and Sara, and anyone else who's recently begun a drabble collection. I've started one, and they're actually quite entertaining! I was thinking, we could pick a pairing, such as SasuSaku, and then each upload a short drabble, rotating between us. We could continue for a month or so, until we got bored and maybe wanted to start another pairing; but there'd always be that collection of drabbles if we wanted to go back to it. Also, due to the fact that there's quite a lot of us, it'd be quite nice to see a collection of stories written by different authors; lots of different styles of writing, all side by side. And if you weren't able to write a drabble for one day, you could swap with someone else, if they're able to.

IDEA FOUR:

This would, of course, be creating a massive story, which we could all take part in, much like the detective story we were going to write - which also sort of fizzled out. We could resurrect that one? Or do a little bit more planning here? Or start entirely afresh? We could write a selection of long chapters and shorter chapters, all building up to one story. Or, yeah.

;D

What do you think, guys? :)

4/5/2011 #118
A. E. Stover

I LIKE IDEAS NUMBER TWO AND FOUR.

--

I definitely won't be able to write anything at all until the third week of May, but I can pop in and help with the planning, reviewing, and critiquing process if need be.

C'MON YOU GUYS, PARTICIPATE. I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE READING THIS. DON'T BE SELFISH AND KEEP YOUR TALENT TO YOURSELF. SHARE THEM WITH THE WORLD AND MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE. OR SOMETHING.

4/6/2011 #119
Pandastacia

I PICK SOMETHING.

;D

Anyway, I like... three & four. :D

Or, what about the idea you & Briony had, about a series of... chapters/drabbles where you start the next chapter/drabble with the last sentence of the one before it?

4/6/2011 . Edited 4/6/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: o hai thar its elle Pandastacia, sasukes, windsilk, A. E. Stover
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member