The Author Appreciation Guild
Authors paint with words. Here, at the Author Appreciation Guild, we love the art they create & everything those words have given to us. We want to give something back. We offer concrit & advice guides; we want to help authors improve.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
A. E. Stover

I used to play this game at a really amazing forum that is now, unfortunately, inactive. I'm not exactly sure who came up with this game and I wish I knew so I could give proper credit, but oh well? If someone knows who, feel free to share! :)

The rules of the game are simple: The first person to play the game posts three words/phrases (which will act as titles) and three brief summaries (1-5 sentences describing a new idea). Then, another person replies to this post with three summaries and three titles that correspond to the previous person's titles and summaries, respectively. Afterwards, the same person must give three new titles and three new summaries for another person to respond to.

I'll go first and act as a reference:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Cholera Dance

02. Absence of Minds

03. Sparkle-Poo Sunshine Pants

01. While on a reconnaissance mission in Iwa, Kiba accidentally uncovers a mystical key that allows him to enter the worlds of the past and future. When he steps into the gates of the future, he is plunged into an urban setting unlike any other he's experienced: Tokyo, Japan, in the year 2034.

02. As the swamp slowly sucks his legs in deeper and deeper, Jiraiya realizes that this is no time to be picky. "Orochimaru. I'm sorry I told Tsunade that you were the one who stole her panties at the hot springs." Jiraiya was met with a cool, indifferent stare and an indignant sniff. "It's too late for apologies now. I hope you like your new home."

03. Somewhere deep in the Jungle Country, Kakuzu befriends a parrot.

4/27/2011 . Edited 4/27/2011 #1
seleneswan

So I'm supposed to be doing work, but I couldn't resist. :D

--

o1. Tapeworm Tap

o2. DarkWorld

o3. Plastic Star

--

o1. Kiba's always had a problem with keeping track of the time--it's a common fact. But when he loses the Watch of Destiny in a land before time on an all-expenses paid mission, all he can truly be sure about is that the hours that he's spending trying to recover from his mistakes are surelynoton the clock. Well, there goes his paycheck.

o2. He'd always thought that when the end was near, all theseriousconfessions about life would spill out. But as the lava from the volcano cascaded downward quicker than he could imagine, the only words that could come out of his mouth were, "I admit it, I stole your lacy toe socks. Sorry."

o3. Hidan becomes ridiculous enamored with a parrot who, much to everyone's dismay and to his own rapture, repeats everything, everything, that he says.

--

...did I do that correctly?

4/27/2011 . Edited 4/27/2011 #2
A. E. Stover

You were supposed to have responded to my two sets of three, but I wasn't clear in my instructions so boo to me~ OTL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o1. Tapeworm Tap --- During a mission, Orochimaru is poisoned by a parasitic summoning that begins to deteriorate him from the inside out. Jiraiya finds the situation fitting. Tsunade is frightened out of her wits. And Orochimaru is just pissed. "I shouldn't have taken that hit for you, Jiraiya."

o2. DarkWorld --- There's a new MMORPG out on the internet that's so unbeatable, only three people have ever beaten the master level. Nobody know who these three are, until Rock Lee finally beats the master level and realizes that they've been sucked into the game. Just like him.

o3. Plastic Star --- Sakura has always been a star student. She's always excelled in whatever she did. When she finally captures the heart of the school's biggest heart-throb, she finds that there are consequences in catching big fish. Like being buried six feet under in a plastic container... shaped like a star?

o1. Kiba's always had a problem with keeping track of the time--it's a common fact. But when he loses the Watch of Destiny in a land before time on an all-expenses paid mission, all he can truly be sure about is that the hours that he's spending trying to recover from his mistakes are surely not on the clock. Well, there goes his paycheck. --- White Rabbit

o2. He'd always thought that when the end was near, all the serious confessions about life would spill out. But as the lava from the volcano cascaded downward quicker than he could imagine, the only words that could come out of his mouth were, "I admit it, I stole your lacy toe socks. Sorry." --- All Fired Up

o3. Hidan becomes ridiculously enamored with a parrot who, much to everyone's dismay and to his own rapture, repeats everything, everything, that he says. --- Polly want a Cracker?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Cholera Dance

02. Absence of Minds

03. Sparkle-Poo Sunshine Pants

01. While on a reconnaissance mission in Iwa, Kiba accidentally uncovers a mystical key that allows him to enter the worlds of the past and future. When he steps into the gates of the future, he is plunged into an urban setting unlike any other he's experienced: Tokyo, Japan, in the year 2034.

02. As the swamp slowly sucks his legs in deeper and deeper, Jiraiya realizes that this is no time to be picky. "Orochimaru. I'm sorry I told Tsunade that you were the one who stole her panties at the hot springs." Jiraiya was met with a cool, indifferent stare and an indignant sniff. "It's too late for apologies now. I hope you like your new home."

03. Somewhere deep in the Jungle Country, Kakuzu befriends a parrot.

4/27/2011 #3
seleneswan

01. Cholera Dance--Prom goes completely wrong when, the night before, Naruto drinks expired milk. Again.

02. Absence of Minds--When countless nin return home, minds wiped completely and ill beyond reasoning, Sakura has to step up to the plate to stop this biological weaponry from taking the minds of everyone she knows...and herself.

03. Sparkle-Poo Sunshine Pants--This Spongebob obsession had gone on too far, Itachi thought with a sigh, as he witnessed the downfall of his partner, Kisame, to the childish tales of talking underwater animals...with square pants.

01. While on a reconnaissance mission in Iwa, Kiba accidentally uncovers a mystical key that allows him to enter the worlds of the past and future. When he steps into the gates of the future, he is plunged into an urban setting unlike any other he's experienced: Tokyo, Japan, in the year 2034.--Spiral

02. As the swamp slowly sucks his legs in deeper and deeper, Jiraiya realizes that this is no time to be picky. "Orochimaru. I'm sorry I told Tsunade that you were the one who stole her panties at the hot springs." Jiraiya was met with a cool, indifferent stare and an indignant sniff. "It's too late for apologies now. I hope you like your new home."--Quicker than Sand

03. Somewhere deep in the Jungle Country, Kakuzu befriends a parrot.--Cracker

--

o1. Rolling in the Shallow

o2. Clipped

o3. Statuesque

--

o1. Together, they overcame.

o2. Konan received her first paper cut ever...and she spiraled out of control.

o3. Fighting against an enemy is hard, but fighting against one's self is nearly impossible. But then again, Itachi had never considered "impossible" a part of his vocabulary.

4/27/2011 . Edited 4/27/2011 #4
A. E. Stover

o1. Rolling in the Shallow --- The water in the shallow is cold, dirty, filthy. It's where he had seen the slimy rat slide and wade through. The slimy rat, that was in the kitchen of the refectory at lunchtime. They were the slimy rat, all of them, wading in cold and dirty filth. They were the slimy rat, unwanted, unloved; hated. They were Akatsuki.

o2. Clipped --- Several days after the mission to the Forest Country, Sasuke notices that there's something about Sakura that seems... different. Bad, different.

o3. Statuesque --- The Uchiha Police Force are an elite team of shinobi, respected for their firm laws and disciplined nature. Uchiha Shisui respects them for another reason. "Wow. They all fell for the trap. What a bunch of idiots..."

o1. Together, they overcame. --- CARPE DIEM

o2. Konan received her first paper cut ever... and she spiraled out of control. --- The Unfortunate Cut

o3. Fighting against an enemy is hard, but fighting against one's self is nearly impossible. But then again, Itachi had never considered "impossible" a part of his vocabulary. --- Running in Circles

01. The Bang Gang

02. The Impossibility of Finding Uchiha Shisui

03. When Maggots Eat Your Face

01. Several days after the great flood, there is no sign of life in Konoha. Aburame Shino, separated like all the other shinobi, struggles to find his friends and family without the presence of his insects for the first time.

02. When she awoke, she found herself staring at black ink and dull, lack-luster diamonds. "So the Nibi awakens..." "Finally! You know how heavy you are to carry around, woman? Especially if you're stuck doing it because your partner happens to be a selfish prick!"

03. The wooden cabin was sinking into the ground, and the root was rotting slowly on top. Sakura was not pleased. "That's our cabin!?" Kakashi remained pleasant. "Would you like to camp out?" he asked his students. The chorus of voices quickly replied: "YES!"

4/28/2011 . Edited 4/28/2011 #5
ohgoditsbriony

01. The Bang Gang --- Beneath the stars, the explosions sound. Beneath the moon, the city burns. Beneath the heavy sky, the world goes to Hell; and Deidara wants to watch it burn.

02. The Impossibility of Finding Uchiha Shisui --- How is it a dead body just gets up and leaves? He's a dead man walking; he can't be that hard to find.

03. When Maggots Eat Your Face --- Buried six feet under the ground, Hidan wonders whether it was all really worth it.

01. Several days after the great flood, there is no sign of life in Konoha. Aburame Shino, separated like all the other shinobi, struggles to find his friends and family without the presence of his insects for the first time. --- Ink Flow

02. When she awoke, she found herself staring at black ink and dull, lack-luster diamonds. "So the Nibi awakens..." "Finally! You know how heavy you are to carry around, woman? Especially if you're stuck doing it because your partner happens to be a selfish prick!" --- Break Away

03. The wooden cabin was sinking into the ground, and the root was rotting slowly on top. Sakura was not pleased. "That's our cabin!?" Kakashi remained pleasant. "Would you like to camp out?" he asked his students. The chorus of voices quickly replied: "YES!" --- Campfire Confessions

01. Brick by Brick

02. SMASH

03. Clayface

01. "Get down on your knees, hot stuff," Sakura flashes him a deadly, deadly smile. "Congratulations! You're my hostage."

02. Being a serial killer, Kisame never actually gets invited to all that many parties; but it was always nice to get out now and again, so when Itachi mistakenly invites him to a dinner party with his family, who is he to say no?

03. Fingers pressed against pale, milky skin, her eyes dark, her breathing heavy, she smiles a sweet smile as she rips his heart away. "Never trust a sinner, baby."

That was fun! I was wondering, are these specifically aimed at Naruto, or can we aim some at other fandoms? :)

4/29/2011 #6
A. E. Stover

multi-fandom anything is awesome :)

01. Brick by Brick --- "Smashing, just smashing." Was it a verb, or an adjective? He didn't know. But he never really knew anything about her anyway, because Shihouin Yoruichi was an enigma.

02. SMASH --- Little by little, the city began to expand in its chaos until it was all there was left of it. Sitting by the roaring fires and singing merrily, watching the blaze with delight, was its instigator. "Such a troublesome city..."

03. Clayface --- In theory, the plan should have gone through without a hitch. But it's hard to predict the mind of someone who's desperate to survive. "Sanzo," Hakkai began gently, with a strained smile, "What did you do with Hakuryuu?"

01. "Get down on your knees, hot stuff," Sakura flashes him a deadly, deadly smile. "Congratulations! You're my hostage." --- Oh, Sweet Baby!

02. Being a serial killer, Kisame never actually gets invited to all that many parties; but it was always nice to get out now and again, so when Itachi mistakenly invites him to a dinner party with his family, who is he to say no? --- Dinner with a Perfect Family

03. Fingers pressed against pale, milky skin, her eyes dark, her breathing heavy, she smiles a sweet smile as she rips his heart away. "Never trust a sinner, baby." --- His Darling Girl

01. The Bondage Club

02. Hospitality of the Insane

03. A Most Peculiar Man

01. I am your mother and father, your sister and brother, your student and teacher, your friend and enemy. I am God.

02. Perched delicately on the mess of sloped wires was a young man of twenty-four, smiling a handsome smile and watching down below with eyes as red as the fires of hell.

03. They fell to the floor in a tangled mess of limbs. "I told you the prostitute was really a man," Orochimaru hissed viciously at Jiraiya, "Now look what you've got us into."

4/29/2011 . Edited 4/29/2011 #7
ohgoditsbriony

01.The Bondage Club --- It had started off as a few drinks, a night out with the lads, a laugh. Now he was handcuffed to Neji's bed, butt-naked bar a pillow hiding his manlihood; and a certain Hyuuga prodigy was going to be home from training soon. This was not Sasuke's night.

02.Hospitality of the Insane --- He is not messy, nor is he rude. He is polite, courteous, friendly. He is, in fact, quite the gentleman. He is perfect. "It seems, my darling, you've gotten blood all over my new suit. We can't have that." And he is quite insane.

03.A Most Peculiar Man --- It's truly hard to believe the man with the messed hair and the baggy shirts is the world's greatest detective. It's even harder to believe he is a the world's greatest hero.

01.I am your mother and father, your sister and brother, your student and teacher, your friend and enemy. I am God. --- The Descent: To Break an Angel

02.Perched delicately on the mess of sloped wires was a young man of twenty-four, smiling a handsome smile and watching down below with eyes as red as the fires of hell. --- A Kiss Like Crimson

03.They fell to the floor in a tangled mess of limbs. "I toldyou the prostitute was really a man," Orochimaru hissed viciously at Jiraiya, "Nowlook what you've got us into." --- REWIND

01. Death (And All His Friends)

02. BREAK

03. The Shatter Glass

01. He'll be nimble, he'll be quick - he'll leap over the flickering flames of his city burning. And then he'll run and run and run.

02. "I'm like Batman," Naruto explained, gesturing wildly at himself; he was clad in orange spandex, blue cape billowing behind him as he stood atop the Hokage's tower. "But less conspicuous."

03. "Gojyo," Hakkai took his friend by the shoulders, frowning. "Genjo Sanzo is not a one night stand. It's sad to say, but you're quite certainly a dead man walking."

4/30/2011 #8
Pandastacia

o1. Death (& All His Friends) --- When Sasuke had said, "I want to bring my brother to Death's Door myself," he really didn't intend on actually carrying Itachi through all seven levels of Hell.

o2. BREAK --- It was easier to let the pieces fall where they may than hold it all together. Still, breaking down & let go should've been easier - he hurt her, & she had always had a low pain threshold.

o3. The Shatter Glass --- "What is that?" she points, utterly fascinated by the mirror hanging on the wall. A face rests in it, and Sakura stifles a scream when the eyes flare open with a flash of fire-red. "Your worst nightmare." If only she had read the instructions...

:::::::::::

01. He'll be nimble, he'll be quick - he'll leap over the flickering flames of his city burning. And then he'll run and run and run. --- Torches Overhead

02. "I'm like Batman," Naruto explained, gesturing wildly at himself; he was clad in orange spandex, blue cape billowing behind him as he stood atop the Hokage's tower. "But less conspicuous."--- Inert Salvation

03. "Gojyo," Hakkai took his friend by the shoulders, frowning. "Genjo Sanzo is not a one night stand. It's sad to say, but you're quite certainly a dead man walking."--- Intrinsic Motivations

o1. Truths, Lies, & the Things You Never Told

o2. Her Skeletons in His Closet

o3. HaRP (6-6-6)

o1. Once upon a time - when the world began - there was nothing. Whenever I see you, that's what I wish you were to me.

o2. He poisoned the river, & his mother just stands on the shore, wonderingwhere she went wrong.

o3. "Dude, your phone is ringing." "It's nobody." The blonde looks at the caller ID, & says, "... That's Sakura-chan." He ducks the phone chucked in his direction. "Didn't I say it was nobody?" He didn't notice her hiding by the potted plant.

5/1/2011 . Edited 5/1/2011 #9
ohgoditsbriony

o1. Truths, Lies, & the Things You Never Told --- This isn't a relationship. This is a series of deceit and half-truths, tied together with a web of lies, and she doesn't think she can take it anymore.

o2. Her Skeletons in His Closet --- Hermione Granger is perfect. She is intelligent, she is beautiful; she has a loving husband and a doting family. She's never been happier than she is now. So she can't really understand how she ended up in the bed of the only person she's truly ever hated - Draco Malfoy.

o3. HaRP (6-6-6) --- You have: 1 MISSED CALL. "She's coming for you."

o1. Once upon a time - when the world began - there was nothing. Whenever I see you, that's what I wish you were to me. --- Fading To Yesterday

o2. He poisoned the river, & his mother just stands on the shore, wondering where she went wrong. --- The Way The River Flows

o3. "Dude, your phone is ringing." "It's nobody." The blonde looks at the caller ID, & says, "... That's Sakura-chan." He ducks the phone chucked in his direction. "Didn't I say it was nobody?" He didn't notice her hiding by the potted plant. --- Miss Nobody

:::::::

01. Heartbreak Hotel

02. BEAT

03. The Story of the Broken Toy

01. He would never outright say it was her fault, she knew that. But she can't help but think he blames her anyway.

02. "If you want to survive, kid, you'd better start running."

03. Kakashi didn't understand it. Sure, he knew he was at least a little bit attractive; there'd been that time when Anko had told him, and she was a notoriously hard woman to please. And sure, there probably was something sexy about older men, to younger women, but he couldn't understand this at all.

5/2/2011 #10
anticollision

i might as well try this. i think the summaries i created to go with your titles didn't really work out too well. but, aw well. xD

01. Heartbreak Hotel – Where innocence is stolen, friends are forgotten, and hearts are left. This is how Sakura met him. And this is how she never came back. //"Welcome to the Hotel. Enjoy your stay."//

02. BEAT – To win you first have to lose.

03. The Story of the Broken Toy – Sakura loved yard sales, even more so she loved things that deceived the eye. //Even the things most broken can bring new life. New hope.//

01. He would never outright say it was her fault, she knew that. But she can't help but think he blames her anyway. – Sleeping on the Ceiling

02. "If you want to survive, kid, you'd better start running." – The Narrow Road

03. Kakashi didn't understand it. Sure, he knew he was at least a little bit attractive; there'd been that time when Anko had told him, and she was a notoriously hard woman to please. And sure, there probably was something sexy about older men, to younger women, but he couldn't understand this at all. – Things that Rhyme with Orange

01. The Chemistry of a Car Crash

02. Sparkles and Sin

03. She Who Cries Wolf

01. "You know, teme, when you glare at someone, it means that you're undressing them in your head. …SO STOP LOOKING AT SAKURA-CHAN LIKE THAT OR I'LL RIP YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT!!"

02. Boom. Boom. And they all fall down.

03. Pakkun is a ninken. His heart is big, he can smell out the most hidden of ninjas in twenty-two seconds flat, and his wrinkles are the wrinkliest. There's just one thing: he couldn't take heartbreak. And when Kakashi is gone and not summoning him, that's exactly how he feels. ...So what can an un-summoned ninken do around here when his master's gone?

5/8/2011 . Edited 5/9/2011 #11
A. E. Stover

01. The Chemistry of a Car Crash --- One bright day, my mother died in a car accident that also took away the life of the driver of a black Jetta. A year after the funeral, my father's decision to remarry changed my life. I was now the half-sister to Uchiha Sasuke and Uchiha Itachi, two boys of the man who took my mother away from me.

02. Sparkles and Sin --- "Edward sparkles in the sun. He's a vampire. Vampires feed on humans. Feeding on humans is bad. Therefore, sparkling is bad." She didn't have the heart to tell the little girl to get out of her face and drop dead.

03. She Who Cries Wolf --- There is no one who likes a liar. Not even the kindest of people. But when the kindest of all takes to lying, it is just the beginning of a horrendous and frightful transformation of a white angel to the blackest of all evils.

--------------------------------------------------------------

01. "You know, teme, when you glare at someone, it means that you're undressing them in your head. …SO STOP LOOKING AT SAKURA-CHAN LIKE THAT OR I'LL RIP YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT!!" Licentious Lovers in a London Lobby

02. Boom. Boom. And they all fall down. AIRDROP

03. Pakkun is a ninken. His heart is big, he can smell out the most hidden of ninjas in twenty-two seconds flat, and his wrinkles are the wrinkliest. There's just one thing: he couldn't take heartbreak. And when Kakashi is gone and not summoning him, that's exactly how he feels. ...So what can an un-summoned ninken do around here when his master's gone? When Dogs Run Wild

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Silver Lap

02. The Things That One Ship Seeks

03. Dynamite Chick (all truth and no lies)

01. The blades of grass grew taller and taller, until the sky turned green. The smell of the earth was pungent, entering his body and penetrating his clothes and hair. There was no turning back now, he reasoned, and he walked through the thick forest of grass with his six new legs.

02. Saturated faces smiled back at him, and sepia cities flooded into his eyes. "Who are they?" he demanded, rifling through the photos with panic nipping at the back of his neck. And he was answered; "They are your children. They died last night, in a car accident. They went quickly."

03. The base of the ship opened, and he was immediately bathed in an eerie white glow. Something descended, slowly, and finally touched him on the shoulder. A garbled voice entered his ears, speaking haltingly: "Nexus. It's time to return."

5/28/2011 . Edited 5/28/2011 #12
seleneswan

o1. Silver Lap -- It was the highest arc of her challenge. And for the sake of her people, her country, her livelihood, she had to pull her skates on, silver and shiny, and ice dance her way to victory.

o2. The Things That One Ship Seeks -- It wasn't treasure they were after; it was the glory.

o3. Dynamite Chick (all truth and no lies) -- She was blunt, sarcastic, without a care in the world. She told it as it was, consequences be damned. And then she met him. And everything spiraled out of control.

---

o1. The blades of grass grew taller and taller, until the sky turned green. The smell of the earth was pungent, entering his body and penetrating his clothes and hair. There was no turning back now, he reasoned, and he walked through the thick forest of grass with his six new legs. Metamorphosis

o2. Saturated faces smiled back at him, and sepia cities flooded into his eyes. "Who are they?" he demanded, rifling through the photos with panic nipping at the back of his neck. And he was answered; "They are your children. They died last night, in a car accident. They went quickly." further than beyond

o3. The base of the ship opened, and he was immediately bathed in an eerie white glow. Something descended, slowly, and finally touched him on the shoulder. A garbled voice entered his ears, speaking haltingly: "Nexus. It's time to return." The Snatchers

---

o1. Carousel

o2. Lullaby Lane

o3. Razed Away

---

o1. The first time he saw her she was sitting on the edge of an examination table, legs swinging back and forth as she fingered the pile of hair that had fallen from her scalp. The second time he saw her, she was pale and gaunt and staring out of the window, morosely. The third, she was staring back at him. "I'm going to die, didn't you know?" were the first words he'd ever heard her say. And in that moment, he knew that he would never let them be her last.

o2. Listen -- it's the sound of your demise... and of my life.

o3. "Don't let go," she whispered into the water, and his hand gripped hers tightly. Her tail flicked, the scaly texture against his leg, and she pulled him into the deep.

5/30/2011 . Edited by A. E. Stover, 6/3/2011 #13
anticollision

o1. Carousel – Round and round they go: where they stop—nobody knows.

o2. Lullaby Lane – She was a quiet girl. The only thing people recognized of her were her pale eyes and long, raven hair. And her voice—she was always singing. She was a mystery, they would say. But the true mystery would start when the girl disappeared. And all that was left was her voice, singing haunting lullabies down the lane she left.

o3. Razed Away – Destruction were their middle names. They couldn't ever seem to do one thing correct; but at least they did lots of stuff wrong. That counted for something, right? But one day they did something that nothing could fix. Now they had to pay, one by one, with their lives. //"We didn't mean to, we really didn't!" "It's too late now. The game has already initiated. It cannot end."//

---

o1. The first time he saw her she was sitting on the edge of an examination table, legs swinging back and forth as she fingered the pile of hair that had fallen from her scalp. The second time he saw her, she was pale and gaunt and staring out of the window, morosely. The third, she was staring back at him. "I'm going to die, didn't you know?" were the first words he'd ever heard her say. And in that moment, he knew that he would never let them be her last. – The Never-After

o2. Listen -- it's the sound of your demise... and of my life. – Forever is Over

o3. "Don't let go," she whispered into the water, and his hand gripped hers tightly. Her tail flicked, the scaly texture against his leg, and she pulled him into the deep. – In the Deep

---

o1. The Liar and the Lighter

o2. BREATHE

o3. Kindergarten Kisses and Rhinestone Rings

---

o1. I really fucked it up this time. Didn't I, my dear?

o2. "Can't you stay a little longer?" she asked. "I don't want you to leave anymore." But he would leave [her], because that's what he always did. After all, he was Uchiha Sasuke and she was Haruno Sakura.

o3. Close your eyes, it's okay to rest now. The war is over and life will be normal again (but we both like to play pretend). You don't have to worry, I promise. Pinky swear; cross my heart and hope to die. (It's probably a good thing I'm not afraid of death, huh?)

6/10/2011 . Edited 6/10/2011 #14
A. E. Stover

01. The Liar and the Lighter -- ["I bet I can make your whole house disappear." It was the last thing I ever said to my best friend. I watched his house burn with him inside it.]

02. BREATHE -- [The pumpkin shell broke open, and a golden yellow goop burst out. A sticky mess rose, bubbling into the air, and began to take shape. The creature took its first breath... and it was born.]

03. Kindergarten Kisses and Rhinestone Rings -- ["Your mother and I met in a restaurant. She was the waitress there, and it was love at first sight." That was my father, ten years ago. "Your father and I met at a college party. He gave me a spiked drink and knocked me up that night... but we fell in love anyway." That was my mother, eight years ago. "Your parents never met before they married. Your mother didn't even know your father was nearly a thousand dollars in debt. I don't know how she didn't know, or how he kept that from her until a week after they married. And they got married at a town hall, at that." That was my grandmother two weeks ago, when I met her for the first time at my mother's funeral. I didn't know she was alive. My father told me she was dead.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

01. I really fucked it up this time. Didn't I, my dear? [Dripping with Regrets]

02. "Can't you stay a little longer?" she asked. "I don't want you to leave anymore." But he would leave [her], because that's what he always did. After all, he was Uchiha Sasuke and she was Haruno Sakura. [Where the Fire Blows]

03. Close your eyes, it's okay to rest now. The war is over and life will be normal again (but we both like to play pretend). You don't have to worry, I promise. Pinky swear; cross my heart and hope to die. (It's probably a good thing I'm not afraid of death, huh?) [Back into the Grave]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. The Starbucks Club*

02. Whistling Man

03. Toast with Blueberries and Bluejays

01. Heaving a heavy sigh, the young man trudged down the path until he came face-to-face with a tombstone. "I don't suppose you have any weed on you, do you?" he asked, the hands in his pockets ever searching for his drugs.

02. The fridge was empty. The cabinets were empty. His pantry was empty. His whole house was empty. It was only when he sat on the floor of his empty living room that the harsh reality of his situation dawned upon him.

03. "Hey, look! It's Santa!" I gave the little boy a sharp look and clenched my teeth. "You call me Santa again," I shook my strong, wrinkled hand at the brat, "and I'll make your face turn inside out!" Satisfied when the little boy ran away screaming and crying, I groped blindly in the sand for my sunglasses. I put them back on my face and crossed my arms behind my head. The moral of today's lesson was don't fuck with Santa when he's working on his tan.

* I'm actually thinking of writing an orig!fic with this title; the inspiration hit me when I came up with it 8D

6/15/2011 #15
soiguessitsdemi

01. The Starbucks Club: In which Sakura needs help. Serious help. "My name is Haruno Sakura, and I have been addicted to coffee for four years now."

02. Whistling Man: A muted whistle on an empty street, a man in a trenchcoat, and a tipsy young woman; it's the perfect scene from any crime movie.

03. Toast with Blueberries and Bluejays: "This toast is blue. Why? It looks like a squished blueberry." "Doesn't everything feel so much happier when your toast is blue?" "...No."

01. Heaving a heavy sigh, the young man trudged down the path until he came face-to-face with a tombstone. "I don't suppose you have any weed on you, do you?" he asked, the hands in his pockets ever searching for his drugs.: The Weed Likes Me

02. The fridge was empty. The cabinets were empty. His pantry was empty. His whole house was empty. It was only when he sat on the floor of his empty living room that the harsh reality of his situation dawned upon him.: Operation: WISH

03. "Hey, look! It's Santa!" I gave the little boy a sharp look and clenched my teeth. "You call me Santa again," I shook my strong, wrinkled hand at the brat, "and I'll make your face turn inside out!" Satisfied when the little boy ran away screaming and crying, I groped blindly in the sand for my sunglasses. I put them back on my face and crossed my arms behind my head. The moral of today's lesson was don't fuck with Santa when he's working on his tan.: Father Tan

Hah, yeah, my titles are lame.

titles:

01. Pretty Things (Like Diamond Rings)

02. Starfall

03. Barry Trotter

summaries:

01. Hands that lingered where they shouldn't, and the distinct smell of lust in the air. "This place is about to blow."

02. Everyone knows that asylums are the best when they're abandoned. Or rather, almost abandoned. "Let's play hide and go seek. Let's play a game."

03. "The look on your face is pretty much priceless right now." "Sa-Sakura, you're in my shower. Naked." "Yep. And your nose is bleeding. You might want to clean that up." Because hormones don't cope well when it comes to pretty girls with bare skin.

6/25/2011 #16
Hamaru Namikaze

This game sounds fun. Sorry if I get something wrong, I'm new at this. :D

~~~~~~~~~

01. Pretty Things (Like Diamond Rings):Special dinner, check. Romantic music, check. Engagement ring, check. Now all Minato had to do was to propose to his girlfriend Kushina. Without making a fool out of himself. Easier said than done.

02. Starfall:Not many gamers know this but in Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker, there's a secret bonus island. Get the button combination right and Starfall Island unlocks.

03. Barry Trotter:What's worse than....say...all the bijuu combined. Yep, Kakashi dumps the Icha Icha series for the new Barry Trotter books.

~~~~~~~~~

01.Hands that lingered where they shouldn't, and the distinct smell of lust in the air. "This place is about to blow.":Blown Over

02.Everyone knows that asylums are the best when they're abandoned. Or rather, almost abandoned. "Let's play hide and go seek. Let's play a game.":Any Insane Ghosts Here By Any Chance

03."The look on your face is pretty much priceless right now." "Sa-Sakura, you're in my shower. Naked." "Yep. And your nose is bleeding. You might want to clean that up." Because hormones don't cope well when it comes to pretty girls with bare skin.:Darn, I Should Have Brought a Camera

~~~~~~~~~

Titles:

01.Tussle Away

02.The Darkside of the Moon

03.Boat Cops: Campus Edition

~~~~~~~~~

Summaries:

01.The time comes when every parent or guardian has to give thier kids the awkward talk... the birds and the bees. Poor Naruto wished he knew a few invisibility ninjustu right about now.

02.A raven bird in a cage and a neko Itachi! Uh-Oh, I think I saw a puddy tat!

03.A young dark-haired teen ran as fast as he could through the crowded streets. Being late to his classes would not be tolerated at all, especially when your the Presidents son!

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #17
soiguessitsdemi

Hi, Hamaru! Welcome to the Game. ;D

01. Tussle Away: The wind was odd, this evening. It was colder than usual. It tore at her clothes, and Sakura knew he had returned.

02. The Darkside of the Moon: "Stargazing is a wonderful thing," she mused. "It's like cloud watching, but more intimate, more infinite. Clouds make you feel like you can reach that bit further, but stars make you feel like you can fly."

03. Boat Cops: Campus Edition: Summer vacation at the campus lake had never been so exciting, if, by exciting, you mean boring-like-so-boring-I-want-to-die-right-now. "Hello, my name is Kakashi Hatake, and I'm on patrol."

01. The time comes when every parent or guardian has to give thier kids the awkward talk... the birds and the bees. Poor Naruto wished he knew a few invisibility ninjustu right about now. When a Man and a Woman...

02. A raven bird in a cage and a neko Itachi! Uh-Oh, I think I saw a puddy tat! Pretty Kitty (lol i know, lame.)

03. A young dark-haired teen ran as fast as he could through the crowded streets. Being late to his classes would not be tolerated at all, especially when your the Presidents son! Yes, Mr. President

hahaha. i'm terrible at titles. 8D

titles:

01. Operation: M0NSTERS.

02. Harlequin Girls

03. The Picadilly Circus

summaries:

01. Sweat, blood, and too many tears. She never wanted it to end like this.

02. Sasuke's making puddings, Sakura's a mess in a dress, Naruto fancies himself as a spy, and Ino? Ino's the bitch who set this wreck of a relationship-repairing date up.

03. His world is monochrome and TV static; hers is a kaleidoscope, so vivid, too vivid. Perhaps, if they were to collide, they'd make the perfect shade of grey. If they were to love, they'd heal.

6/29/2011 #18
anticollision

o1. Operation: M0NSTERS. - Welcome to the M0NSTER Operation, 008. Here's a few tips: Don't mind the screams from down the hall or the blood on doors 001 and 006. Oh, and you may find pieces of the old 008's intestines in your closet. Don't mind them either. This is your new home, now. Enjoy your stay.

o2. Harlequin Girls - It's like one big club, one big game. Paint your pretty, little faces and put on your expensive clothes. Let's see who will fall the farthest the quickest. (Ready, set, go!)

o3. The Picadilly Circus - And it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

:::

o1. Sweat, blood, and too many tears. She never wanted it to end like this. – BRITTLE

o2. Sasuke's making puddings, Sakura's a mess in a dress, Naruto fancies himself as a spy, and Ino? Ino's the bitch who set this wreck of a relationship-repairing date up. - When You Tell a Blonde a Secret…

o3. His world is monochrome and TV static; hers is a kaleidoscope, so vivid, too vivid. Perhaps, if they were to collide, they'd make the perfect shade of grey. If they were to love, they'd heal. – superNOVA

o1. In August

o2. Double Funerals

o3. My Favorite Liar

o1. The bruises on your skin, the cuts on your cheek, the matted blood in your hair—this is how I show you my love. You are my masterpiece. Look in the mirror now, darling. Do you like what you see? I know I do.

o2. Even the best fall down sometimes.

o3. But she was always such a pretty, pretty liar.

7/5/2011 . Edited 7/5/2011 #19
atrociously beautiful

o1. In August: They're many months in a year, many weeks in a month, and many days in a week. But August was when things changed for her.

o2. Double Funerals: Rain was beating down on him, but he cared not, because he couldn't feel it, he couldn't see it, he couldn't smell it. He was numb. He would always be numb.

o3. My favorite Liar: "You sure are good at what you do. You know how to win. You sure are good at what you do. You tend to make me sin."

---------------------------------------

o1. The bruises on your skin, the cuts on your cheek, the matted blood in your hair—this is how I show you my love. You are my masterpiece. Look in the mirror now, darling. Do you like what you see? I know I do. -- lovely

o2. Even the best fall down sometimes. -- mistakes in the sand

o3. But she was always such a pretty, pretty liar. -- backward truths

-------------------------------

o1. living lies wonderfully

o2. can you see me?

o3. backward and in high heels.

------------------------------

o1. she never though it would end like this, but at the same time, in the back of her mind, she figured, it could have gone worse.

o2. he didn't want to see her, smell her scent, or touch her ivory skin. he wanted to taste her, every part of her.

o3. they would fight, and they would fight, and fight again. but it never ceased to amaze them; the love that they held in their hearts, and the daggers they carried in their hands.

7/6/2011 . Edited by A. E. Stover, 7/7/2011 #20
A. E. Stover

01. living lies wonderfully - First came Wonderland, and then Wilderland. Both presented an odd assortment of treasures that delighted readers of all ages. And then came the mysterious Wild Wonder, the handle of an anonymous literary critic of "The New Yorker," whose entire home disappeared, almost overnight, and left behind a giant underground tunnel in its place.

02. can you see me? - "Twenty dolls in my toy chest, only one can be the best. Mirror, mirror, on the wall: who's the fairest one of all?" *

03. backward and in high heels - Metro City's center is a place of commerce and entertainment, always teeming with activity. But if you turn away from the center city, and focus on the old, winding dirt roads and the dark, musty back-alleys in the streets, you'll realize that a this city, no matter how modern in its appearance, will always be a backwards-facing hick town.

-------------------------------------------------------

01. She never thought it would end like this, but at the same time, in the back of her mind, she figured, it could have gone worse. [Flawless Retrospects]

02. He didn't want to see her, smell her scene, or touch her ivory skin. He wanted to taste her, every part of her. [To Take Whole]

03. They would fight, and they would fight, and fight again. But it never ceased to amaze them; the love that they held in their hearts, and the daggers they carried in their hands. [The Curse of the Skeleton Daggers]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. Go To That City

02. In Threes and Fours

03. There's Oil In The Water

01. Saturdays were her glory days, in which she lounged around in her pajamas and had breakfast in bed.

02. Iguanas and Toucans filled her vision when she walked into her room. What happened to her room? What is this?? "We didn't expect you to move back in with us after college, so..." So now, she was stick with her younger brother's old room, while the stupid, nosy brat had her's.

03. At the end of the day, all that mattered to her father was whether or not she was pregnant. And boy, was she pregnant. She was so pregnant, and so dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* I wrote this rhyme for my fanfic for the third round of the YGO FF Contest.

7/18/2011 #21
Hamaru Namikaze

01.Go To That City - The old woman had looked up from her crystal ball and had told him to go to that City, but there were a few major problems. One, I'm lost and Two, I have no clue what the heck she is talking about.

02.In Threes and Fours - Two familys, one with triplets and the other with quadruplets. Follow the lives of these two families as they try to live life without their fathers.

03. There's Oil In The Water - Oil and water don't usually mix together very well. Ryuu, a shy boy and Chiyo, a ruff n tough girl usually don't get along with each other also. That all changes however, when Chiyo is attacked and Ryuu saves her just in time.

01.Saturdays were her glory days, in which she lounged around in her pajamas and had breakfast in bed. Saturdays - Also Called Lazy Days

02.Iguanas and Toucans filled her vision when she walked into her room. What happened to her room? What is this?? "We didn't expect you to move back in with us after college, so..." So now, she was stick with her younger brother's old room, while the stupid, nosy brat had her's. I Can't Take it Anymore!

03.At the end of the day, all that mattered to her father was whether or not she was pregnant. And boy, was she pregnant. She was sopregnant, and sodead. Dark Secret!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. To Hell and Back

02. The Good Old Days

03. Ninjas and the Tardis?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01. A warning to all boys or men! Never ever...ever break up with Haruno Sakura!

02. "Oh, dear! Who am I? Where am I? Oh God! Can anyone help me! I think I'm going crazy!" yelled Sara as she pulled on her fine straight silver hair.

03. Wait what?! Konoha has a new hokage? What happens to Konoha now that Madara's the new Nanadaime Hokage?*

*This is what one of my Naruto stories I plan on writing is going to be about.

8/4/2011 #22
anticollision

o1. To Hell and Back - Those were the days where all they heard was the wind and their cries. These are the days where it becomes our turn to suffer.

o2. The Good Old Days - For a moment, everything was perfect. Everything was like the good old days. Kakashi eye-crinkled. Naruto beamed. Sakura smiled. And Sasuke slowly healed.

o3. Ninjas and the Tardis? - Something messed up! The Doctor never meant to go here. But, in the end, he decided that it was a good thing. A good mistake.

:::::

o1. A warning to all boys or men! Never ever...ever break up with Haruno Sakura! - Pink Alert!

o2. "Oh, dear! Who am I? Where am I? Oh God! Can anyone help me! I think I'm going crazy!" yelled Sara as she pulled on her fine straight silver hair. - Five Steps to Insanity

o3. Wait what?! Konoha has a new hokage? What happens to Konoha now that Madara's the new Nanadaime Hokage?* - The Dark Age Chronicles

o1. SEVENTEENdays

o2. Thieves and Bandages(possibly using this title eventually, btw)

o3. In Which We All Fall Down

o1. Where are the heroes now?

o2. Can you tell me of a time where everything was perfect? A time where we always smiled, where we always laughed, and the only tears we shed were of happiness. Can you?

o3. "Today's going to be a new day!" she declared, fully intending to make her statement a truth. Although, of course, something always had to get in her way. But this time it was more than just "something." This was everything.

10/7/2011 . Edited 10/7/2011 #23
A. E. Stover

1. SEVENTEENdays: When their car broke down in the middle of the highway, the band of four were forced to walk the rest of the way to Las Vegas. Because their best bud was getting hitched, and like hell they were gonna miss it because some squirrel flung itself into their open engine and electrocuted the car.

2. Thieves and Bandages: Over 50 stores in the city were robbed and no clues were left behind. It would've been a rather impressive feat in itself, if it weren't for the fact that the only items that were stolen were bandages. Rolls and rolls of bandages.

3. In Which We All Fall Down: Like how some things can only be learned hands-on, some things can only be learned through failure.

1. Where are the heroes now? Zero Justice

2. Can you tell me of a time where everything was perfect? A time where we always smiled, where we always laughed, and the only tears we shed were of happiness. Can you? Fade into Time

3. "Today's going to be a new day!" she declared, fully intending to make her statement a truth. Although, of course, something always had to get in her way. But this time it was more than just "something." This was everything. My Goddess

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Abra-Kadabra, Alakazam!

2. Smooth Moves

3. Those Who Are Dead

1. Inside a hollowed-out book was a message scribbled in purple: "GET OUT NOW"

2. If you were to reach the room at the very top of t the clock tower in the center of the city, you would meet a man who rots in his self pity for being a timeless being; an immortal creature; a vampire.

3. Garbled and full of static, the incoming message was absolutely useless. The team was about to kill the connection when, all of a sudden, they heard a scratchy whisper say weakly, "Help me!"

11/14/2011 #24
seleneswan

1. Abra-Kadabra, Alakazam!: He smiled at the crowd, caught up in the act. He waved a wand meant to summon a bunny. But with a sickening crack like the sound of crunching bones, he fell through the stage...and woke up in the sky.

2. Smooth Moves: Karin was going to be a spy. She was slick and confident and she had the outfit, but when she witnessed a dubious exchange of papers and a whisper of her own name, she didn't think it meant that she was being spied on. But of course, it did.

3. Those Who Are Dead: Sometimes, Luna took walks in the cemetery and whispered to the stars.

---

1. Inside a hollowed-out book was a message scribbled in purple: "GET OUT NOW" Sprint

2. If you were to reach the room at the very top of t the clock tower in the center of the city, you would meet a man who rots in his self pity for being a timeless being; an immortal creature; a vampire. Hickory Dickory Dock

3. Garbled and full of static, the incoming message was absolutely useless. The team was about to kill the connection when, all of a sudden, they heard a scratchy whisper say weakly, "Help me!" Strike the Match

------

1. Powder Dreams

2. Knuckles

3. SWOOP

---

1. He repaired house gutters. It was his calling. It involved nothing but mud, leaves, water, and some unsavory things he'd rather not mention. But when he found a bag of loose leaf emeralds in his own gutter one week and a gun the next, his life's calling inexplicably changed.

2. He woke up tied to his bed naked stark with all of his belongings ransacked and the word "SUCKER" written in red lipstick on his chest. He thought that was as bad as it could get, but then his wife walked in, a horrified look plastered on her face.

3. The next day, she was born.

11/27/2011 . Edited 11/27/2011 #25
Forum Moderators: o hai thar its elle Pandastacia, a warrior queen, seleneswan, A. E. Stover
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member