CSI Greg Sanders
For anyone who loves the wonderful Greggo! A place to talk about him and swap ideas.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Queen of Cliffies
I don't think I'm the only one who just loves to torture out fav lab rat turned field mouse. Whether its having him kidnapped, attempting suicide or someone he cares about is killed and occasionally a one night stand making him a father, it all rocks! Most of my stories include Greg as the main CSI in the story. It's kinda crazy the things people think of to hurt him. People (me being one of them) have had him shot with a nail gun. One author went to the extreme with torturing him, I think it was "Catch Me If I Fall" (not sure) and they hurt him so bad I nearly cried! I used to be mad at the show for not having enough of Greg's background, but now I realize it gives Greggo fans a chance to make up a past for him. Just one question, why do those who love him soooo much, love to hurt him so?
1/11/2006 #1
writeaboutme
That's why most of my csi stories are about greg. he's my favorite and they don't show enuf of him in the show. That's why most people write about him, to give him a past since no one knows him. I mean Warrick's a gambler, Catherine's a mom...and so forth. It gives nothing on Greg. and it's fun to torture him because he seems the best candidate for this stuff. But through it all I love Greg.
1/19/2006 #2
Nicole Taylor
Hey all. I love Greg. I dunno if ya'll noticed but after the lab exploded like..the old Greg...like POOFED? The spikey wild hair is gone! NO MORE CHUCK TAYLORS?! O.O Where has our Greg gone!? Though i LOVE his hair in season 5! Sexxeh.
2/11/2006 #3
StellarCat
I know! I was so sad! That's mainly why I have my story set during the time when he was in the lab. Though I'm really not sure if I have the characters' personalities right. I'm new to this....heh heh
5/30/2006 #4
Captain Arianna Trouble
I've been wanting to see the episode with the explosion ever since...the first time I saw it! I love how it shows that everybody cares for greg (or as I like to call him, Greggiepoo ;) ). As for why everybody wants to hurt him...It's because we like him! To explain (maybe) when our favorite character gets in trouble, we get an adrenaline rush. We want them hurt so we can hope they pull through, or see how they deal with it, live or die, triumph or fail. Ex. When Nick was stalked by the cable guy, it was cool because at the end he SAVED his would be killer. That shows he's a good guy. A different character might have let the guy kill himself and said, "Oh, that'll leave a stain." I want something like that for Greg! He needs something cool other than an explosion. Besides, Eric S. is a good acotr! Let him act! C.A.T.
7/2/2006 #5
DC World
I agree with you C.A.T, I think we get worried about our favorite characters and that makes us nervous and scared. And people love to be scared. But I do noticed that the show tortures Nick and Catherine more then anybody else. Why?
9/29/2006 #6
XCrazyForRemusLupinX
I agree with you 100% I love Greg and he is now part of the team, so why don't they talk about him more than the others? I mean, when he got beat up by that mob, I got scared for him. I'm glad he didn't die, though. I'd stop watching CSI if he got killed off. But, what's up with Sara? Why does Greg have to like her? She's freaking Butt ugly. She's a perfect match for Grissom, though. Greg deserves someone better than that Ugly Butt.
12/13/2006 #7
Codename AJ
I think part of the reason we like to hurt/torture our favourite characters is because it hurts us to see our favourite characters in pain and when we're hurting our brain sends out those feel good endorphins to make us feel better. That's why cutters get addicted to cutting themselves because of the endorphins released every time they cut themselves that give them a natural high. I also think it's because we like to see our favourite characters pull through and show their humanity. I think Greg could do a whole lot better than Sara,but I also think he could do worse too. I would much rather have Greg with someone else though.
1/22/2007 #8
GregsMadHatter
I think that we people who love to torture our fave characters is cuz we love the story to center around our favorite character, which, in most shows, means getting hurt and everybody feeling bad about it. That's why I do it, and sometimes I add in my stories that the reason Greg getting injuried is because there is someone out there that wants revenge against someone from the team and they end up taking Greg for it. Especially in my story, "Revenge Against the Willows", does this happen.
2/26/2007 #9
GregsMadHatter
I think that we people who love to torture our fave characters is cuz we love the story to center around our favorite character, which, in most shows, means getting hurt and everybody feeling bad about it. That's why I do it, and sometimes I add in my stories that the reason Greg getting injuried is because there is someone out there that wants revenge against someone from the team and they end up taking Greg for it. Especially in my story, "Revenge Against the Willows", does this happen.
2/26/2007 #10
Manavie
I LOVE Greg everyone do.everyone who love him I guess want a little angst in him .I don't know to see him hurt get into touble kidnapped whatever...It's I guess because we get emotionally hooked up. I mean hey he's our favorite we SHOULD worry sick about him then.We want to know all the feeling he go through and it make us feel close to him. Yeah catch me if I fall broke my heart. I was sooo sad but I read it though. I'll never want to see him die. but then I guess my favorites had always been angst stuff. True they don't show mucg about Greg in CSI. they should kidnap him for a once at least(don't kill me for the suggestion)
4/11/2007 #11
Manavie
I LOVE Greg everyone do.everyone who love him I guess want a little angst in him .I don't know to see him hurt get into touble kidnapped whatever...It's I guess because we get emotionally hooked up. I mean hey he's our favorite we SHOULD worry sick about him then.We want to know all the feeling he go through and it make us feel close to him. Yeah catch me if I fall broke my heart. I was sooo sad but I read it though. I'll never want to see him die. but then I guess my favorites had always been angst stuff. True they don't show mucg about Greg in CSI. they should kidnap him for a once at least(don't kill me for the suggestion)
4/11/2007 #12
JaneConstantine
If ne 1 has ne ideas for a fanfic about Greg, please let me know.
5/10/2007 #13
Rebecca court
I love all things of Greg, right now he like wow hoping to married him ect.. that give me a idea call Thats life base one me I don't know how many of you keep you frist name but I sure do, its not easy for me changeing my main person to lily when its me writing about me so i keep my name Becca ect... i just change the last name and my looks but all my stuff is about Greg/myself. Sometimes I add slash.
10/13/2007 #14
Rebecca court
To the question why we all love to hurt him.... at the time i think because we will hurt or sad and we have to bring it out into him. The only thing i think that i can understand.
10/13/2007 #15
StrongerThanISeem

In my opinion, we all like to hurt Greg or read about him getting hurt because it connects us somehow. If you have a favorite character, they're most likely your favorite because you have some sort of bond with them. When the character you adore most is hurt or needs taken care of, my guess is that you feel that too ((somewhere deep down)). Especially if the person you want your favorite character ((ergo, Greg)) to hook up with saves the day. Final conclusion: we're all just big saps. :)

12/9/2008 #16
StellarCat

Haha!

Yes, I do believe "big saps" descibes the vast majority of us quite well :)

12/9/2008 #17
StrongerThanISeem

Well, I'm glad my almost-psychic abilities came in handy... :).

1/10/2009 #18
19thpersonality

You know, I've been looking for a good answer to that question (why do like hurting our fave characters) and yours in like the best I've seen yet. Saps...

2/15/2009 #19
GrimGregg

I like how you managed to explain it, Codename AJ, thats very much like what i feel when i see Greg in pain. I like kidnap stories, as you don't know what's going to happen and it's suspenseful. i pick on Greg not only cause he's my fave character, but because i find it hard to with all the other CSI's. I mean, Nick and Warrick are often seen as two strong men and i can't see them going down without a fight. Though Grissom's not strong, i often see him as the alpha male and it's wierd when the 'leader' gets in trouble. Cath and Sara are so strong in their own way's. Which leaves Greg, the young vulnerable one.

Wow i babble a lot gonna shut up now.

8/30/2009 #20
pinazee

I HAVE AN IDEA! gregs mom is really protective of him right? Well what if there was a reason she had to be? perhaps someone attacked him when he was younger, no matter the age, and is now coming back for him...

has that been done before? if so please direct me to it :)

10/7/2010 #21
SlashLover69

I absolutly love greg, he is so cute! No your not the only one who loves to torcher our fav lab rat. I usually read the ones where he has been kidnapped. To be hounest I do not know why I like reading stories where somethink bad happens to greg, maybe it is because it make them more interesting or I like having greg as the main character or seeing how the other characters react to the situation. But hay I done know I just like reading them:)

2/19/2011 #22
HOBxBOS

I agree with you 100%. I love Greg too. He has a very good personality. And for some odd reason I like reading the stories where something bad happens. Usually because I know in the end that something good will come out of it. Whether it be a relationship 'cough cough' Sandle 'cough cough' ;-) or even a realization to something they hadn't realized before. Usually though. I don't like to really read the ones where he dies. Too sad.

2/28/2011 #23
nochenada

heehehehehehehe ya....i luv torturing all of them.! ha!

6/25/2011 #24
GreggoGeek22
If you guys have any good stories about greg being tortured, please pm me their names!!! Please makensure they are at least 25k, or in the process of being updates thoufg. Thanks so much
4/15/2013 #25
Forum Moderators: Queen of Cliffies
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member