Avengers
Welcome everybody who likes Avengers! You can discuss comic books, talk about your favorite characters and Avengers-related fanfiction.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Captain Deadpool
Dig deep and try to think of a character that hasn't been an Avenger but would be a good one. I submit for your consideration: Brother Voodoo.
10/10/2010 #1
Clownwithachainsaw

I've always thought Johnny Storm the Human Torch had the potential for this.

10/10/2010 #2
Kairan1979

I was thinking about Colossus from X-Men.

10/12/2010 #3
On Soaring Wings

I might get some Flack for saying this... But I always figured Kurse would have at least made an interesting reserve member... The dude can lift at least 400 tons.

Also if Dane Whitman was leading the team again. I would have loved to see Nathan Garret brought back to life, and reform to become the token redeemed villan on the team.

10/22/2010 #4
Kairan1979

What about Rick Jones?

1. He had close ties with Captain America, Captain Marvel and Hulk.

2. He proved himself when he was wielding Destiny force.

3. He is already a honorary Avenger.

4. Recently he was turned into a powerhouse named A-Bomb.

11/8/2010 #5
Clownwithachainsaw

Not a fan of A-bomb. Nosiree. But I'm all for Rick Jones being a full time Avenger. As you said, he's already an honorary Avenger, and he's a big part of the superhero community. I had hoped he'd replace Nick Fury when the old man died (unfortunately it was revealed that Nick Fury is immortal) or the new Captain America (before Bucky Barnes came back to life, not that I'm going to complain about that one, Bucky is pretty awesome). Rick Jones is pretty cool, and I'd support his membership into the Avengers. But the moment A-Bomb stepped into the picture, a poor man's Hulk, less brains, less muscles, and less aesthetically pleasing, with a wimpy origin story.

11/8/2010 #6
Kairan1979

And how he can be full-time Avenger without powers to back him up? Borrow Bannertech from the old friend?

11/9/2010 #7
Clownwithachainsaw

I'm not saying he shouldn't have powers. I'm saying he shouldn't be the Hulk's replacement. I see Rick being exposed to cosmic radiation like the Fantastic Four. But powers should be a compatible match to the character. How would you like it if Nick Fury could turn into a scaly blue moron? Or if Captain America could fly?

11/9/2010 #8
Kairan1979

A-Bomb isn't a moron now. He has Rick's personality, but Rick is trapped in this form, he can't change back into human.

What if Captain America could fly? Well, I remember a mix of Superman and Captain America in Amalgam comics. He could fly, and it was OK.

11/9/2010 #9
Clownwithachainsaw

Heh, yeah I remember that too. To be honest, I don't think they did that right either. If Super Soldier had a cape, then sure, flying would be right for him. But without it, I just think he looks rediculous.

11/9/2010 #10
Kairan1979

I think Molly Hayes aka Princess Powerful/Bruiser from Runaways can be a great Avenger when she grows up.

1. In 2009 she was named the fourth (out of ten) toughest females in Marvel Universe, after Rogue, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel.

2. She is only one in her team who takes superheroics seriously, even designed suits for them.

3. She can ask childish, but Alex Wilder knew that she is much smarter than she pretends to be, and she confirmed it.

11/24/2010 #11
On Soaring Wings

1. In 2009 she was named the fourth (out of ten) toughest females in Marvel Universe, after Rogue, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel.

Uhhh.... Unless Rouge gained Carol's old powers back... I'm calling BS on that one.

11/27/2010 #12
Galactatech

deadpool

Deadpool: Yeah cause I'm awesome!

1/12/2011 #13
Insanitywithaprettyface

Deadpool!!!! LOVE ME SOME Deadpool, just think how much fun it would be to have Deadpool as permanant Avenger!! Hehehe! He would make the Avengers epic to the power of 4,000!

Omg, idk if anyone is an epic comic nerd here like me but what if Joker and Deadpool met up? What do you guys think would go down?

But yeah I'd have to say What is Deadpool for the Avengers. lol

2/3/2011 #14
Kairan1979

Omg, idk if anyone is an epic comic nerd here like me but what if Joker and Deadpool met up? What do you guys think would go down?

Deadpool : The Killing Joke.

2/4/2011 #15
EternalGabriel

daredevil could be a good avenger (if he already is ,sorry im not a h*** fan) i think it may help him to become a bit more of marvels big characters ,he is a good character but apart from a movie he hasnt realy been a major character in any game or long running tv series

9/17/2011 #16
Frostbite883

Blue Marvel - He can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Sentry & Hyperion and is quite an intelligent man too.

10/23/2011 . Edited 12/8/2011 #17
Rider Paladin

And speaking of Daredevil, he's apparently going to end up on the New Avengers after Fear Itself. At least, that's what I've heard.

10/27/2011 #18
Nrrrd-Grrrl-Meg

Deadpool won't be an Avenger any time soon (thank god), because Marvel is killing him off. The Runaways are supposed to show up eventually in Avengers Academy, if they haven't already.

I'd like to see some former Avengers come back. Like have Capt. Britain II/Lionheart come back, maybe as a New Avenger.

1/14/2012 #19
Kairan1979

Runaways already showed up in the Avengers Academy. They needed help to SPOILER get back Old Lace.

9/4/2012 #20
Forum Moderators: Kairan1979
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member