It's all in the Weather
Finally there's a section for the Weather Warden series in the ffn world and considering the kick-butt series that this is, there's lots and lots to discuss so girls and boys, join in and let the discussion begin
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Lamia of the Dark

Because we seem to keep going off-topic in all the other threads with this subject o_O

Other books we love!

I am sad to see the Wicked Lovely series end T__T (Amazing series by Melissa Marr. There are 5 books: Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, and Darkest Mercy. There's also a 3-volumes manga sidestory that focuses on a character who's barely mentioned in the books.)

But I was happy to find out that Amelia Atwater-Rhodes has a new book out, and it's a sequel to Shattered Mirror! (One of the books in the Den of Shadows series, which had an unresolved ending in which the main character who was a vampire-hunting witch got turned into a vampire.)

3/11/2011 #1
I want to be Jesse's girl

Haha...love the fact that you created this forum...indeed, we have often run of the subject but when you consider that it's pretty just the two of us who are up for discussion...still we have posted a good 100 and something posts...

Wicked Lovely series...what an intriguing name...I'm a fast reader but currently I'm up to my brim in books and unfortunately, time is quite an issue too but Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and Melissa Marr are both authors that have gone on my to-check-out list.

Have you ever read any of Richelle Mead's books - she too is paranormal based. And her novels are not too bad. The rest of the authors I would recommend are predominantly teenage base but their plots are marvelous and the writing is quite spectacular.

It's funny actually, having been a keen reader and a hopeful writer, I have realized that a lot of the authors that are currently out there and often in big bright colours and letters are actually somewhat lacking in terms of their written ability...sure, the plots are great but if you analyse the writing as a separate entity - well, you recognize that their ability to convince the reader of the character's particular trait, etc are just well non-existent. And some authors pay way too much emphasis on description of settings and clothing, etc....and then the plot, emotions of the character, just kinda lose value...hence why I think Caine is just damn marvelous coz she is able to balance a full action plot while at the same time build characters and their relationships through exploring emotions to the depth that the reader should experience in order for them to be lost in that particular world.

3/12/2011 #2
Lamia of the Dark

I have not read any of Richelle Mead's books.

I'm also currently addicted to two diferent paranormal romance series:

- the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (Currently has 9 books and two short novellas) AMAZING author, the stories and characters are all so amazing, I want to go and live in this world she has created T_T

- the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter (I've only read the 1st, 2nd, and 6th books in the series, plus a couple of prequel short stories that were published as ebooks, but I am dying to read the rest... I don't know how many books are out so far in this series.)

I read A LOT. I'm also bad about stopping in the middle of a book to read something new/more interesting... I have a pile of books in my room that I was reading and stopped in the middle... It's really bad. One of them I started reading like 5 years ago and never finished XD And when I found it, I was like "OH, so THAT'S where my dolphin bookmark went. I thought I lost that." :D

3/12/2011 #3

You sound like me in terms of reading. When I reached the year 11-12 stage, but once uni hit I began to once again indulge my mind in awesome books. Lol...not finished a book in 5 years....I'm actually the opposite, if I start a book or even a series, I really do need to finish it up - that being said the series has to be moderately interesting at the least otherwise who wants to bother reading another 3 or 4 of the same boring crap?? Actually that's why I kinda am nervous about venturing further into the Anita Blake series although I do seriously want to. Currently I'm upto the 6th book but supposedly once you hit the 8th book, it all goes downhill but considering my need to know I will no doubt be stuck with the series till Hamilton sees a finite ending...or perhaps she won't.

I love reading too...rather than TV which I barely watch - except for comedies. It engages your mind and if the author is brilliant enough you can actually visualize their world and feel what their character is feeling. Not to say that movies are not able to achieve that much - but very few of them do so to that depth. Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter huh? Will definitely be checking out their books...

3/15/2011 #4
Lamia of the Dark

I don't know if I said this already, but I just found out a little while ago that Amelia Atwater-Rhodes has a new book out, and it's a sequel to one of her vampire books that ended without a clear resolution... I ordered it from the library and it came in yesterday so I have it at my house, but I haven't really started reading it yet. (I read like two pages, lol.) I'M SO EXCITED!!

Also, if you're into historical romance, Teresa Medeiros is a really good author. (When I was in high school, one of my friends let me borrow some books and got me hooked on historical romances by Teresa Medeiros XD)

I do finish MOST books that I start to read. I probably read over 100 books each year. (Yeah, that's approximately one book every 3 days... Sometimes I can finish 2 books [whole books, from beginning to end] in a single day if all I do all day is read.) But I have a pile of like 10 or 15 books that I started then stopped in the middle. A couple of them are ones that were left behind at my house when I moved... they were still there when I moved back home, but I never picked them back up to finish reading them. I'm in the middle of reading two different books right now (not counting AAR's new vampire book, which I barely skimmed the first chapter), and I'll be finishing at least one of them today.

3/16/2011 #5

Reading is awesome...I just can't really get into tv, etc. as much - although there are those few pointed movies...100 books is 365 days is not a bad effort at all...can't say that mine is near that ratio but recently I think I have began to read more...

3/25/2011 #6
Lamia of the Dark

I'm currently reading The Thin Excecutioner by Darren Shan. Supposedly, it is partially inspired by Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I had to read Huck Finn for English class when I was in 10th grade... which means I read that book like 10 years ago. I barely remember it. I have no idea how similar The Thin Executioner is to it, in any way XD

I can get into TV shows pretty easily, as long as they're interesting. Also, I like to have the TV on in the background while I'm playing video games on my DS. (If there's nothing good on TV, I'll put on movies or anime... I have a pretty huge collection of anime and a decent collection of movies.) I'm in a ton of fandoms on here, because I'm into video games, TV, movies, anime... Basically, I love stories - no matter what format they come in.

3/26/2011 . Edited 3/26/2011 #7

I don't know I just really can't seem to get into TV shows...if I have to unwind I just rather talk to a friend or read a book...most tv shows are just not to my taste - although I do like Supernatural and most comedies, Heroes was good for the first season and I guess the first half of the second season and then bam! it went downhill...

Video games - God! I haven't played those in years...we had a PS and then got rid of it recently...a few of my friends own DS' though - I played it a couple of times and I have to admit that it was fun - depends on the game you have too - my friend had the dance revolution thingy - so we were just making a nutter of ourselves.

3/28/2011 #8
Lamia of the Dark

I mostly play RPGs. Pokemon, Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy, etc.

3/28/2011 #9
Forum Moderators: I want to be Jesse's girl
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member