Ice Age forum 1
A general Ice Age forum, discuss anything.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
goldenpuon

Hi Lugia! I haven't heard from you in ages. I hope all is well.

---------------

Remembering back to all I heard about the third Ice Age when it was in development, this is probably just a rumor. Good point. If they're making a 4th Ice Age, the plot is likely to change a bunch of times before it comes out. You have a good point about that.

7/7/2009 #31
Madame Walnut

I agree.

7/7/2009 #32
Goddess on a Highway

Me too

7/7/2009 #33
lugia flyhight

Tiss good to see that yee are still upon fanfiction and yes all is indeed well goldenpuon.

LUGIA FLYHIGHT

7/7/2009 #34
goldenpuon

Thanks Lugia. Are you just stopping by or are you planning on visiting fanfiction often for a while?

7/8/2009 #35
lugia flyhight

thy wilst be roosting here awhile. why? hast thy been missed?

LUGIA FLYHIGHT

7/8/2009 #36
goldenpuon

I would say I have. I remember that you used to review my stories 2 year ago a lot and I also liked your writing.

I'm working on a new Ice Age story as of late which will be very very long. But I hope to finish it and the others which I lost interest in. I am hoping to get back to those sometime.

7/8/2009 #37
lugia flyhight

Thy hast been coming up with a new ice age story thine self a somewhat sequel to "more then what things seem" Thee new one in question is called SOLARIS Strong as The Sun. Yee needn't worry MTWTS wilst be finished and perhaps rewritten. Thy hope yee whilst have new ideas aswell.

LUGIA FLYHIGHT

7/9/2009 #38
goldenpuon

I'm glad you have an idea for a new story and also that you are going to be finishing MTWTS. I have new ideas too. I have my new story "A Journey of Odds", outlined chapter by chapter. The 6th chapter I am working on now is most of the way done. I'll probably have it done and posted within a few days.

Nice talking to you and good luck with your stories!

7/9/2009 #39
Madame Walnut

I quite like my new story. =)

I'm getting good reviews, which makes me happy.

7/9/2009 #40
PuccaFanGirl

I'm not so sure about the plot. It sounds kinda bad to me. And it sounds like it would be the end of the Ice Age Series. Cuz if they get defrosted in Present Day, then they'll no longer be in their regular Ice Age home. Where would they go now? And why didn't the news mention anything about Peaches, Crash, and Eddie? I mean they're part of the herd now! But another one did say that Peaches would be in it, I just don't know why they never mentioned it. :/ And what is Scrat gonna do now? I mean he doesn't have Scratte or the acorn now! But I did find out that Scratte might return in the fourth movie since she has Scrat's acorn now, but I don't really know for sure. :/

I want a fourth Ice Age movie, I REALLY do. But this plot sounds pretty bad and it also sounds like it'll end the series. My sister and I think that it would be better if the fourth movie was about Peaches or something. I just want the Ice Age Series to keep going on. Like 7 movies or something. (Though that does sound almost impossible to happen) But I'm just saying. I don't want it to end too soon, and ESPECIALLY not like this. :( What's gonna happen?!

*~Mollie~*

8/28/2009 #41
Goddess on a Highway

I think this plot is based upon the baby mammoth they've found in may 2007 in Siberia. After that there are articles mentioning a posibilty to clone mammoths, though that's probably never gonna happen and it shouldn't too. This could've brought ideas into the producers' minds. Yet, I don't want to think about Peaches' horrible fate... since poor Lyuba probably choked in a mudbank. Not that I think BSS would do that, but maybe it would be necessary for her to die this soon, so she would be still a baby in the future.

11/4/2009 . Edited 11/4/2009 #42
Goddess on a Highway

For those who haven't heard of baby mammoth Lyuba, you should check this out:

11/4/2009 #43
PuccaFanGirl

Why doesn't your Link work by the way?

*~Mollie~*

11/11/2009 #44
Goddess on a Highway

If you copy and paste it, it should work. Otherwise, you can go to www.nationalgeographic.com or google: baby mammoth Lyuba. That should do the trick too.

11/11/2009 #45
Goddess on a Highway

Or google: waking the baby mammoth. I think that'll work too.

11/11/2009 #46
PuccaFanGirl

Okay. Thanks for telling me! ^^

*~Mollie~*

11/21/2009 #47
kaktusic

Um...I guess that the most of you guys are going to kill me now, but that plot just doesn't work for me. I honestly think that they made a repetitive mistakes already by installments of a meltdown in the middle of the Ice age, and the dinosaurs. The Ice age was an era difficult to survive and full of fascinating creatures; it was a thrilling scenery for a movie, as shown in Ice Age 1, and it doesn't need any add-ons to make it more exciting. Everything more is simply too much. There are so many possibilities they could go with, so many decent plots that don't diverge from the timeline; be it Peaches' childhood and Manny and Ellie coping with parenthood, Diego and his issues with being the only predator in a herd of herbivores, or his never-elaborated feelings about betraying his old family; Sid dealing with the fact that his family had abandoned him (he seemed to have taken it a bit too smoothly for my liking in the first movie); Crash and/or Eddie facing with the consequences of one of his pranks having went badly wrong and hurting somebody...whatever, just no more 'un-iceagely' plots in the Ice age; something more, well, believable, as much as a kids' movie with talking animals can be. Personally, I'd like to see it be a bit more angsty and tear-jerking than the sequels, more like the first movie... but that's just me and my preferences.

Oh, and I hope I posted this at the right place...:-)

3/5/2010 #48
MattII

Bravo, I agree with just about every point you made. Like 90% of the sequels written after the original came out, I feel Ice Age has degraded in quality, the first one was a very good movie, the second was, well, alright, but there was a 'lot' of room for improvement, and the third, don't mention the third.

3/5/2010 #49
kaktusic

The third was basically saved by Buck. If they hadn't landed him there to steal the screen for 86% of time, it would have been completely unwatchable, except for Sid's and Momma's interaction, which I did find appealing. But Buck is, again in my humble opinion, a character too intense to be cramped up with our Ice Age lot; with him around, the others don't have the time or opportunity to be noticed (though I'm pretty sure it was a deliberate thing, since the movie-makers probably had no idea what to do with our guys next, so they gave us another character to hang on, while the old ones are basically there to make him stand out). Which is why I hope we won't see him returning in the forth movie; he is an awesome character (OK, now, his story IS an almost carbon-copy of Moby D***'s Captain Ahab, but hey, who cares about originality?) but I believe he should have a movie for himself and leave our herd to their wits. Er, sorry for this frustrated ramble...

3/6/2010 #50
DariaAlpha

I actually wanted to see "Th4w" as the fourth movie, when I heard about it, I was even inspired to write a fanfiction of what might happen in it.

6/30/2010 #51
TheTruth755

Uhhh, I really don't like the sound of that...PRESENT day...uhhh...i like it better when they are in prehistoric times, they should STAY in prehistoric times, i dont in any way want them to be in future...eck...

7/29/2010 #52
TheTruth755

But i dont don treally care, as long as Deigo and Sid (mostly Diego) get girlfriends...I think it would make the movie way more interesting.

7/29/2010 #53
Goddess on a Highway

I totally agree with your two posts, Kaktusic! I really like Buck, but he's too much for this herd! That's probably the reason why BSS kept him down under! XD

Yeah the fourth film should be like the first again! No more dramatic weather changes or mixed up eras, just ice, ice baby! And what's with those prehistoric predators? Aren't ice age predators scary anymore? They need to eat too!

8/1/2010 . Edited 8/1/2010 #54
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: MattII
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member