Marching Band!
Hi! I'm a freshman in marching band! I love it! Lets talk about band! :D
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
AnimegirlTohru

Hi everyone. I'm Heidi, I'm a sophomore in marching band who plays the flute. I also play the alto sax, piccolo, piano, and violin. I created this forum for us band geeks to talk about band. :D So why dont you say your name and instrument to get started?

10/20/2010 . Edited 11/30/2011 #1
storming-wolf

well, I see it's been a year and you're probs a sophomore now. I'm a freshman this year :)

So....my name is JJ(Janel) and I play Bass 3 :D

8/9/2011 #2
AnimegirlTohru

Hi! Yay some1 replied! And yes i am a sophomore now, yup. Lol for me band camp starts monday :) Lol welcome to the world of marching band! You will love it, when I joined, I wasn't sure about it, but it really is awesome :)

8/13/2011 #3
storming-wolf

Lol, I just finished it last week! Its my second year doing marching band, but my first year marching. My school offers it in 8th grade and I did pit. I love marching and can't wait for the first football game :) I just gotta watch out for the football because drumline sits on the sideline lol :)

8/16/2011 #4
AnimegirlTohru

Lol awesomeness! Yeah I'm over half way through my band camp :) What is the name of the show you are doing this year? We are doing The Speed of Sound. Oh by the way I guess I forgot to say I play the flute in marching band :) Oh and I also have and know how to play the alto saxaphone, violin, piano, and picollo. :)

8/24/2011 . Edited 8/24/2011 #5
storming-wolf

That sounds cool! Our Show is Viva Carnivale. Our first competition is this Saturday and I'm EXCITED!!!! I so think we're getting out of District this year(the last time we did was 2005). Wow, finally someone else who plays more than one instrument. I play drums(of course), clarinet, violin, piano, and bass guitar. Sadly though, piano has become difficult as my stupid heavy bass has injured my knee :'(

9/11/2011 #6
AnimegirlTohru

Awww I'm sorry you injured your knee :( Wow we both play 5 instruments, cool :) Our first competition is next Saturday on the 24th, it'll be awesome, we finally learned our whole show and now we are just trying to perfect it the best we can before the show :)

9/16/2011 #7
storming-wolf
Its okay though! I can still march as long as I rest it as much as I can. I wish we had our entire show done! We have the first 2 songs done and we just learned the last song, but our director thinks its too new to compete with. I'm excited for the competition nonetheless. We have a competition at our rivals high school on the 24th. Its also homecoming. A lot of band kids are doing anti-homecoming, which is just us going to the movies to see "Abduction" and then going out to eat. Some are going still. Hey, I got another 3 to go to :)
9/16/2011 #8
AnimegirlTohru

Lol yeah. We just had a competition last night and we placed 3rd out of 12 bands in finals!

10/2/2011 #9
storming-wolf

Congratulations! We had a festival on Saturday and got a Gold, Music, and Visual acheivment awards :) If it were a contest we would've placed 1st out of 6 bands.

Random question, have you ever considered Drum Corps???

10/3/2011 #10
AnimegirlTohru

Um I think I've heard of it, but I don't really know what it is. Lol heres a link to our performance from last weekend. Let me know what you think XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1I5uEgZeKc

10/6/2011 #11
VioletAssassin
Hullo Heidi! Nice to meet a fellow freshman. I play baritone, and I know the slide positions for trombone. I want to learn to play trumpet cause I've noticed similar fingerings and a tighter buzz. Oh, and tuba! I'd never abandon my section (not like Crazy), but I think it'd be cool and it's pretty funny when their dancing on the field.
11/30/2011 #12
AnimegirlTohru

Hi Violet! Lol I'm actually a sophomore now xD Glad to meet another band person! :D Lol I have never played any brass instruments, but I want to learn trumpet too, my best friend plays the trumpet. And yeah I'd never abandon the flute section xD I'm so sad though because my section leaders who were my section leaders last year are going to graduate this year and they are amazing Dx, but oh well that's how life goes.. Yeah marching season for us ended in early November.

11/30/2011 #13
VioletAssassin
Yeah, it sucks when people have to leave. I watched the video the link lead to. THAT WAS AWESOME! I really liked to part in the last song when the entire band pivoted around and the bunched together. Totally epic.
12/1/2011 #14
AnimegirlTohru

Thanks!! :D Yeah that was our 2nd show of the season. We did 5 this year and we did a lot of changes (nothing in the music, just visuals really). We added a cage for the dark colorguard on the very last show if you wanna see that too heres the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UpWZIadBQ8&feature=channel_video_title

12/1/2011 #15
VioletAssassin

I'll say it again: EPIC! The cage was pretty cool! I mean, SERIOUSLY! This is a link to our show this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaE1sY2Ti8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

12/11/2011 #16
AnimegirlTohru

Thanks! Whoa yours is EPIC too!! :D Great music and wow thats a lot of colorguard! How many members do you have in your band? We had 95 this year.

12/11/2011 #17
VioletAssassin
I'm not sure how many people, but I know it's more than 300. If you count flag and danceline.
12/11/2011 #18
AnimegirlTohru

Wow that is awesome! Lol tomorrow is our Christmas Concert which is combined with our choirs! A few days ago we did a full band practice (symphonic band, wind ensemble and percussion) and there was I think 106 of us and it was hard to fit in that band room! Lol tomorrow we have a practice with the choirs tomorrow because we have this tradition where we play the a medly of Joy to the World and Alleluia and the choir sings while we play.

12/11/2011 #19
VioletAssassin
LOL, how'd it go? We are practicing for our prism concert. It's pretty fun, although I have to be there for the three hour practices to perform three times.
12/12/2011 #20
AnimegirlTohru

Oh wow that's a long practice xD Lol it went great! I actually just came back from it :)

12/12/2011 #21
AnimegirlTohru

By the way I see on your profile you like 3 things I like: Warriors, Pokemon and Inuyasha :D

12/12/2011 #22
VioletAssassin
Yeah, practice is long, but the band is like my fifth family (my section being fourth), so I don't mind. I can see by your profile you like Wicked and Harry Potter. Yay! Congrats on an awesome concert!
12/13/2011 #23
AnimegirlTohru

Yes! My marching band is like my extended family too. When you have to spend 2 weeks of band camp together and practices 3 times a week, and competitions you get pretty close. OH i have a funny story. Last year on one of our band trips, my band director walked in late with the results and he saw a lump of people... He was freaking out, but when he turned on his flashlight.... It was a plie of guys! xD Haha he took a picture of it and we still have it in our band room and we call it "The Pile of Dudes"! Lol gotta love band trips xD

12/13/2011 #24
VioletAssassin
It's past midnight and you got me to laugh. It's lucky Fearless Leader didn't wake up. Yeah, band trips are funny. On the last one, it was around 9:00 on the way home. We had been up since 5 and everyone was tired. When a group of girls about halfway up the bus started giggling and squealing, it got annoying. I was sitting in the back next to my friend Princess, who was asleep. Someone shouted, "shut-up Princess" and she woke up long enough to yell back, "I'm back here-!" and called the person a name that I refuse to repeat.
12/13/2011 #25
AnimegirlTohru

Haha, funny! xD One of our band trips this year my best friend Chrissy fell asleep, because it was like 10 pm or something and it was funny to look at her, she fell asleep, but her head kept going down and then she'd bring it back up slowly so I thought she was awake, but she wasn't... Lol so I'm guessing you're on the East side? I'm on the West side so it is only almost 10 here xD

12/13/2011 #26
VioletAssassin
Yeah, Eastern Standard Time. That is pretty funny, band trips are awesome. This one time, Tiberious(sp?) decided it would be funny to prank call some of our friends on another bus.
12/14/2011 #27
AnimegirlTohru

Haha that's pretty epic! What did he say on the call?

12/14/2011 #28
VioletAssassin
It varied. Some calls were a Chinese food redressing demanding the $2.95 owed for a pizza, others he was talking with a kind of slurred accent that made it impossible to understand.
12/15/2011 #29
Masterclass MC

What Up!!!! I'm a freshman Trombone player in the Vicksburg High School "Pride" Band out of V'burg, MS. We got all superiors at state for the first time in 5 years. I am now 3rd chair out of 4 Trombones in Top Band (Wind Ensemble).

11/14/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: AnimegirlTohru
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member