First Ever Casson Family Series Forum!
Come here for the latest news on the Casson Family Series, to discuss pairings like Tom/Rose, and in general to discuss why we love this series so much! :- :-
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
SummerStarWatcher

Have any of you ever wondered what the famous color chart looked like, that all the Casson Family names were chosen from? I totally have. I found one (or two, really) that seem to fit (except for the lack of the color Cadmium Gold), and I thought I would share. Which is your favorite of these colors (in terms of visual), and which is your favorite color name? (Other than the ones already used.) (No fair being unoriginal, right?)

Here it is:

If you want to see a condensed version, click the "Large Pans" option.

Personally, I love the shades of Cobalt Violet and Manganese Blue Hue. For names, I'm thinking probably Viridian.

What do you all think?

2/13/2012 #1
DiegoRedeemedLover

Hehe, first off it's cool to see you around the forum more Star! :)

This colour chart is really cool, and Permanent Rose (the colour) is just so beautiful! :D

For me, I love the shades of Opera Rose, Scarlet Lake, Cadmium Yellow and Winsor Blue (Red Shade). For names, I'm thinking that "Aureolin" sounds pretty and Rose Dore is also a good name. :)

EDIT: I think you found pretty much the colour chart that Eve Casson used ... because on Twitter, Rose was mentioning to someone that she and her siblings are extremely grateful that none of them were named "Hooker's Green" for instance!

2/13/2012 . Edited 2/13/2012 #2
SummerStarWatcher

Wow! That's fantastic, I never imagined that I might have actually found the real thing!

(By the way, when I saw the color Permanent Rose I was like "oh my god, this is totally the perfect color for Rose.") (Eve really was excellent at picking names for the children, wasn't she? Just look at Indigo.)

I just realized another fantastic shade is, in fact, Hooker Green, though that would make a terrible name for a child. Even something obscure but relatively benign like "Alizarin Crimson" might not go over too well once the poor kid grew up, but to be named Hooker would just be awful.

I'm spending all this time on the forum today because I'm sick and home from school and totally, completely bored. It won't last though, unfortunately, but for now I'm glad to get to be a part of this community again. :) I missed you guys.

2/13/2012 #3
DiegoRedeemedLover

Hehe, it's so cool that you found the real thing! By the way, have you stopped by Rose's Twitter? (McKay is still insisting on torturing us with all this ShipTease, and it doesn't help that tomorrow is the holiday that Rose {and myself} believe should be banned. Unrequited love sucks. :( )

lol, I thought the same thing pretty much! More rather, I saw the colour and knew "that's Rose!" And Indigo's colour really does fit him too, Eve is excellent at picking colour names I agree :)

I'm spending all this time on the forum today because I'm sick and home from school and totally, completely bored. It won't last though, unfortunately, but for now I'm glad to get to be a part of this community again. :) I missed you guys.

We've missed you too! :) I'm sorry that it won't last, but at least you're here for a bit of time! :) And poor you, being sick and bored :( that's no fun, although on the upside you get to spend some time in our community again.

(and I agree to your thoughts about a kid being named Hooker, that would be awful. My real name (you can find it on my profile) is a colour name too, and I am ambivalent about it because it's just so dull, as a colour and a name. augh.)

2/13/2012 #4
SummerStarWatcher

Hehe, your name makes me think of a lion :) If you got to pick a color name for yourself, what would it be? And would you pick it for shade of color, or for sound of name?

I am pretty darn ambivalent towards Valentine's Day this year (for a change), but I have been in the same position as poor Rose in years past. I'm definitely looking forward to see what (if anything) Rose tweets tomorrow about Tom. I am hoping for some grand romantic gesture from our wayward Lancelot, but I doubt that Weird Meg will leave the picture quite yet. Sigh. We can always hope.

2/13/2012 #5
DiegoRedeemedLover

Haha..... yeah, that colour is often used to describe lions... or sabretoothed tigers like Diego in Ice Age xD. Most times, it commonly translates to "Golden" or "Golden brown" depending on what meaning you come across, but usually you find it meaning "Tan," or "Brown." So very, very, very boring colours.

Hmmm.... in answer to your question, let me think.... did you mean for the ones from the colour chart or just names that derive from colours? If you mean from the colour chart, I wouldn't mind having "Scarlet Lake" for a name, purely for shade of colour (I'm so fair-skinned, dressing in red really brightens up my colouring) and for the sound of the name. If you mean a colour name that isn't a part of the colour chart, I'd pick the name "Neela" which is Indian (as in India India) for "Blue" for personal favourite colour. (Although technically it means "Sky Blue"). :D ;)

I am pretty darn ambivalent towards Valentine's Day this year (for a change), but I have been in the same position as poor Rose in years past. I'm definitely looking forward to see what (if anything) Rose tweets tomorrow about Tom. I am hoping for some grand romantic gesture from our wayward Lancelot, but I doubt that Weird Meg will leave the picture quite yet. Sigh. We can always hope.

I'm in the same position as Rose this year too... but no comment on that. If you wish to know more, you'll just have to PM me about it. I'm pretty darn ambivalent about it too, mainly because I've had past relationships that had made me gun-shy of guys and wary of getting close to anyone again, especially since everything that went wrong with those relationships is always put down as my fault.

I am hoping for that too from our wayward Lancelot, a grand romantic gesture that will prove his undying love for Rose, but since Weird Meg is still in the picture that seems unlikely. Sigh. I know, being realistic sucks. But we can always hope like you mentioned, and maybe, just maybe, something amazing and wondrous will come about. =)

2/13/2012 #6
ScarletCasson

I think your name is beautiful, an golden is not at all a boring color! Its bright and happy. Also your name sort of makes me think of a wise old owl which i think is quite cool also its easy to remember! And its unique! Take it from someone who's named after an old lady, you could be much worse.

When it comes to Casson-color names i just love Alizarin Crimson, Ali for short along with Cerulean and Leyden. Violet is also quite pretty and for some reason i love the name Veronese. Naming a kid after a green color is a bit weird, but i dunno i just like it a lot.

Oh and another thing. I realized that this fandom Does. Not. Have. A. Name.

!!!

You know, there are potter heads and all that but we don't really have a name! Any ideas anyone? Personally i like the name Darlings but its a little cheesy. Thoughts on this?

2/13/2013 #7
DiegoRedeemedLover

OH MY GOSH A NEW POSTER!!! Hello and welcome!!!

And thank you for the compliments in regards to my name :3 Also, my apologies that I hadn't noticed that you'd responded in this forum... somehow I'm not getting updates from here. .

Oh and another thing. I realized that this fandom Does. Not. Have. A. Name.

!!!

You know, there are potter heads and all that but we don't really have a name! Any ideas anyone? Personally i like the name Darlings but its a little cheesy. Thoughts on this?

Hmmm... I do like Darlings and you're right, this fandom doesn't have a name! And that's not fair at all because even though we're a small community, we deserve a name! Hmmm, how does Cassonites sound?

/can't think of any ideas

2/27/2013 #8
ScarletCasson

Hi again!

Cassonites? Hmm I like that, and it makes more sense to go around saying "Im a cassonite" then saying "Hi people, guess what, Im a darling" But we need more ideas! Post everybody!

3/1/2013 #9
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson

Hmm . . . as for a colour name, I've always like Cerulean. My nickname could be Cerri.

Fandom name, that is a difficult one. If it was "darlings" then if someone called you that, you could just say, "Don't call me Darling, I'm a driving instructor." But it does seem a bit odd.

Maybe something to do with the fact that they're all named after colors?

5/1/2013 #10
Forum Moderators: DiegoRedeemedLover
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member