No You Can't
All those who voted for Megamind: Evil Overlord gather here! No Role-Play, please.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
darkryubaby

I don't why, but for some reason, I find that character (Bernard) cute. Sure he didn't really spark my interest or even stand out till MM disguised himself as him but that's besides the point. He's character design is good looking and the fact that he later has MM's ridiculous personality, just makes him stand out as adorable. Anyway, that's me, how about you?

11/10/2010 #1
redxcanary

yeah when he was actually himself he seemed so borring, but after megamind turned into him he just turned cute lol :D

he just looked so sweet and innocent!! D

11/10/2010 #2
darkryubaby

I know right!!! I've been trying to find a pic of him online but I couldn't find one yet.

I kinda want him to be with RR because his so cute, but I have to keep reminding myself, it wasn't him, it was Megamind.

11/10/2010 #3
dark angel36

do you guys know what happened to him after he turned into the cube

11/11/2010 #4
darkryubaby

They show it at the end of the movie, in the credits. Don't worry, he lived. Megamind just forget he had him and as such he ended up in the washer where Minion found him.

11/11/2010 #5
futureauthor13

When is the scene? I know it's during the credits, but is there a specific place? I'm seeing Megamind again this weekend and I so want to see this scene.

11/11/2010 #6
darkryubaby

about two to three minutes after the credits start

11/11/2010 #7
ThunderRiver411

I'm starting to like this character as well so I've decided to replace my current Pokemon/Megamind crossover with another starring him. I'm still planning it, however.

11/14/2010 #8
ThunderRiver411

Quick quistion:

What's a fitting last name for Bernard? If I'm going to do this idea he'll need one.

Also what do you think of this idea? Is it something people will read?

Bernard needs story.

11/14/2010 #9
darkryubaby

I feel like he has one that we just over looked but for some reason I keep thinking Bernard Butler.

11/14/2010 #10
ThunderRiver411

Why?

Also what do you think of this idea? It's a crossover between Pokemon and Megamind. I did one with Megamind and it wasn't turning out well so I re-thought things out and came up with a new one with Bernard.

11/14/2010 #11
darkryubaby

why what? Bernard Butler just sounds right and kinda cool. don't question the logic, just go with it. as for the crossover. i'm not really into Pokemon. in truth, i actually haven't really watched it since 1999. I don't see how anything can crossover with it and make sense. to me, crossing over those stories would be like crossing Totally Spies with Dragon Ball Z. Like serious WTF. I'm sure the idea is great, but it wouldn't be for me. As for the Bernard story. I love Bernard but not the real Bernard cause he sucked. I liked the fake Bernard that was Megamind. Now here's a story. What if that WAS the real Megamind. What if Megamind was a humanoid evil villain and no one knew what he looked like. not even METRO MAN(every time i see he's name, i think oh the Metro Bus system)and he went by the name Bernard and acted like a nerdy ass to throw people off. OHHHH so evil. I like that.....

11/14/2010 #12
redxcanary

gerard butler.

maybe thats why it sound right lol just sayin..

:):)

11/17/2010 #13
KJMathers

I continued watching the credits due to the fact I felt so unfulfilled not knowing what had happened to poor Bernard. The credits were boring, but the patience payed off, at least.

I think I may be the only one who liked Bernard even without the Megamind personality. He seems like one of those people who just has it bad off in general, or who is a complete pessimist (not to mention a total nerd, based on how much he seems to know about Megamind), so he just has that aura that makes you feel as though you must feel sorry for him.

I have just always had a thing for characters like that.

2/27/2011 #14
MythScavenger

YES! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who likes the real Bernard. I don't really know why, but I prefer him over Megamind!Bernard. :3

---MythScavenger

6/29/2011 #15
Sir Gnome the Giant

Original-Bernard is awesome. I think it's because he's a Megamind fanatic, even though he's extremely boring and has little to no personality.

7/21/2011 #16
OrangeAfterglow

I never really thought of Bernard much, he was just a conveniant immage for Megamind to steal...he has something like 4 lines in the entire movie. But then someone challenged me (well, it was mentioned in passing but I took it as a challenge) to write a Bernard fic to go with my 'Rambling Thoughts Of' series. So i did. It was fun to write actually, way more fun than writing the Metro Man one. blargh. Clicky may name to have a look-see.

I feel sorry for the guy, He works in a museum that has turnd into something of a shrine, he is an 'expert' on the man who took over the city and he has to work late too! I'd imagine that being all knowing about Megamind but never having actually met him would bring some pretty annoying attention after Megamind's rise to power.

8/6/2011 #17
RamiaQuizzlinger
Hey, at least Bernard gets to work at the Megamind Museum now instead of the MetroMan Museum. I just hope he was a fan of Megamind, otherwise that could be a shock o.o I doubt Megamind will stay away from the museum, so Bernard really will be able to meet the blue man at some point. I didn't really like Bernard all that much, but I empathized a bit. After he's whacked with the forget-me-stick you can't really NOT feel sorry for him! OUCH!
11/2/2011 #18
Royal-Blue-Oleander
I find him appealing too. Even when he's so apathetic. I love the real Bernard. I'm actually writing a romantic story about him. I believe that he didn't get enough love in the movie as the REAL him, so I though I give it to him. My story is found on Deviantart, with beegirl17 as my deviant account.
12/25/2011 #19
Royal-Blue-Oleander
He was found by Minion in the washing machine, rehydrating him. He says that it's been the worse day of his entire life, but Minion hits him with the Knock Out spray, and it just leads to the credits after that.
12/25/2011 #20
Forum Moderators: nineteennintytwo FrostyStarlight, Mia Vaan, Misc25, KittyBatman
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member