No You Can't
All those who voted for Megamind: Evil Overlord gather here! No Role-Play, please.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Nobility

Now, this is something I couldn't help but notice and find myself confused about. Everywhere I go, I see people label young Metroman as acting like a bully in the flashback scene in the beginning of the movie, but... I didn't see any real acts of bullying. I saw Metro Boy acting as a suck-up and show-off, yes, but I didn't really see him specifically seek out Megamind and torture him. The only time that sort of happens is in the dodge ball game, but... that's dodge ball. That's the POINT of the game.

Now, I'm not saying that Megamind didn't have a crappy childhood, or that his treatment in school was entirely fair at all, I'm just saying I don't understand where all these accusations of bullying come from. Megamind's flashback seemed to indicate that he was only ever shunned in school, not tortured by bullies like a wimpy nerd (at least by Metro Boy, it's possible he was bullied by someone else), which is the real source of his insecurities.

12/15/2010 #1
RedHatMeg

You know I think it's because of his looks. I mean - come on! - square jaw, big muscles, lots of mindless drones.... his look just screams "Jerk Jock!" Normally in movies guys like that are bullying the main characters. Now, when I watched the beginning few times, I can see that he just was mindlessly obedient to teacher with no further insight.

2/22/2011 #2
ShadowzKiss

I don't think that he was a bully. I believe that he just ignored Megamind because he looked wierd, and disliked him. There is evidence of that in the movie. Of course the rest of the kids would follow the popular flying dude, thus he was excluded, and abused.

Not that Metro Man was really being a bully, but I don't think that he had the softest throw in dodgeball ether. . .

4/7/2011 #3
Nomen-the-namliest

Metro Man was mostly following the other students and being a teachers pet as far as we can tell. People see him as a bully because he doesn't help Megamind, he was popular when Megamind was not, he often was the one punishing Megamind, and the point of dodgeball isn't supposed to be to torture people, and he stuck out his tong out in the end. He proberably wasn't be trying to be cruel and he was likely in kindergarden so you can't really blame him for these things but since he did not try to be nice to Megamind and he did particapate in actual bully activaties (everyone against the wierd blue kid dodgeball) with the rest of the class he was enough of a bully that they are not making this out of nothing. Its really the teachers fault. She has a horrible double standard when it comes to playing with fire, she doesn't car what really happened like at dodgeball, and I get the feeling that she doesn't try to explain what Megamind did wrong. The real problem was that th teacher encouraged her students to bully Megamind instead of trying to help him.

4/24/2011 #4
Nomen-the-namliest

Metro Man was mostly following the other students and being a teachers pet as far as we can tell. People see him as a bully because he doesn't help Megamind, he was popular when Megamind was not, he often was the one punishing Megamind, and the point of dodgeball isn't supposed to be to torture people, and he stuck out his tong out in the end. He proberably wasn't be trying to be cruel and he was likely in kindergarden so you can't really blame him for these things but since he did not try to be nice to Megamind and he did particapate in actual bully activaties (everyone against the wierd blue kid dodgeball) with the rest of the class he was enough of a bully that they are not making this out of nothing. Its really the teachers fault. She has a horrible double standard when it comes to playing with fire, she doesn't car what really happened like at dodgeball, and I get the feeling that she doesn't try to explain what Megamind did wrong. The real problem was that th teacher encouraged her students to bully Megamind instead of trying to help him.

4/24/2011 #5
Nomen-the-namliest

Sorry I accidentallt reposted please delete

4/24/2011 . Edited 4/24/2011 #6
Nera789

I agree with Nomen-the-namliest, the teacher never helped him or punished the kids if they were excluding him. The gesture she makes at the end was a little maddening, that little wave as Metro is moving the school house. I mean, yeah, he turned the school blue, but maybe if he wasn't excluded that wouldn't have happened.

I just don't understand if you were impressed and intrigued by a flying, laser-eye kid, why not like a blue genius-inventor kid? xD I know I'd want him as a friend. haha

6/7/2011 #7
RamiaQuizzlinger

Yeah, totally! I would've been like "WOAH! Can you make me a robot?! That's so cool!"

And if I was Megamind's teacher I would have been ecstatic.

Yeah, Metro Boy was not a bully. He even pulls his shot with the dodgeball, you can see he just flicks it toward Megamind instead of throwing it hard. It kinda makes me angry that other people would make the guy a bully; he was sort of like Megamind. He didn't have much of a choice. Some, yes, but not much. Everyone viewed Metro Boy as a hero, even then. And Megamind was the villain. :(

10/27/2011 #8
Pliffy

Yes I'm with everyone else. Megamind is by clear my favorite character. But I love Metro Men also. Metro Men two flaws where quit simple. Yes he is a bit arrogant. And he does love attention. But if you ask me I think he's still a nice guy. Does love the city. And at the end of the movie. You see him being proud of Megamind. Proud

11/14/2011 #9
Kairan1979

If I was Metro Boy's teacher, I'll be freaked out. C'mon, a rich kid with big ego who can shot lasers from his eyes. That's a recipe for disaster.

11/19/2011 #10
Forum Moderators: nineteennintytwo FrostyStarlight, Mia Vaan, Misc25, KittyBatman
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member