District 14
We could be a career pack. We bash people to death with our laptops. And steal their wifi.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
District14

Want to complain? Do so here.

If, instead of having a debate, you just want to kill me, then click here to go to a forum where the sole and exclusive aim is to imagine my death in various and gruesome ways. It's fun for all ages!

11/3/2010 . Edited 6/8/2011 #1
Gale's Magic Fingers

:(

This forum seems lonely.

So... I complain that the forum is lonely~

11/4/2010 #2
Pure Evil Breed

I want a thread for my death threats!

11/10/2010 #3
District14
Done~
11/10/2010 #4
Pure Evil Breed

It's 34 degrees. I'm dying from the heat. @_@

11/10/2010 #5
District14

From... the chick with the unusual name...:

If you are so against "interactive fanfictions", You should be looking everywhere. Forgive me, if I thought I might be able to write something like the Hunger Games, that is somewhat original. What is so wrong with letting people suggest a character? I am not willing to let my FF account be troubled because a small group of people are bitter and cruel, so I will delete the story. You have no right to threaten or attack me. I suggest next time you let the site handle it. "Minor" potential as a writer? Now you're just being condescending. I've been writing for years, and I think I have a little bit more than "Minor" potential. Never the less, fanfiction is PURELY for the enjoyment of the writer and the readers, and I suggest you remember that. Grow up.

I wouldn't let children "warn" your "rule-breakers" from now on. I suggest you be diplomatic, and not threaten with involvement of the site itself, and insult the writer's ability.

11/20/2010 #6
District14

If you are so against "interactive fanfictions", You should be looking everywhere.

Uhm. We are. You just happen to be the first person I found. Congrats.

Forgive me, if I thought I might be able to write something like the Hunger Games, that is somewhat original.

No one said you couldn't write something original that actually followed the site rules.

What is so wrong with letting people suggest a character?

Because it clearly states in the ToS that interactive fanfics are not allowed.

I am not willing to let my FF account be troubled because a small group of people are bitter and cruel, so I will delete the story.

Good for you.

You have no right to threaten or attack me. I suggest next time you let the site handle it.

How's the site going to know that it's against the rules if I don't bring it to their attention. fanfiction.net is fucking huge. Besides, if the admin didn't want to me to report abuse, why would they put a button saying 'report possible abuse'?

"Minor" potential as a writer? Now you're just being condescending. I've been writing for years, and I think I have a little bit more than "Minor" potential.

You have 'minor' potential because you posted a rule-breaking fanfic. Most with potential do, you know, read the rules.

Never the less, fanfiction is PURELY for the enjoyment of the writer and the readers, and I suggest you remember that. Grow up.

Yes, fanfiction also put in place rules. You should follow those rules, considering fanfiction is letting you publish your stories for millions of people to read. It's an enormous gift from Xing, and following the rules the moderators put in place is the least we can do.

I wouldn't let children "warn" your "rule-breakers" from now on.

...I don't get that line. Did anyone get that line?

I suggest you be diplomatic, and not threaten with involvement of the site itself, and insult the writer's ability.

I suggest you read the rules from now on~ And, funnily enough, you said that I should let the site handle it. Are we changing our arguments as we go along, hmm?

11/20/2010 #7
Suz Singer

My complaint is simple. Don't let your forum members insult the others. Such as calling me an "Over-reactive b****".

I don't like being insulted, and nor do you have the right to do so. Keep your complaints to a mininum, tell them that it's against the rules. Don't insult their ability.

Is that really too much to ask?

11/20/2010 #8
District14

If you have an issue with Snowy, I suggest you take it up with Snowy~

In addition, nobody said I had to be nice. I don't particularly care if they're nasty to you, and to be fair, you did come here and over-react.

11/20/2010 #9
Suz Singer

Please delete my comments, since it will not allow me to do so, including this one.

11/21/2010 #10
District14

Why?

11/21/2010 #11
Daenerys Stormborn

My complaint: wanting to read Hunger Games fanfics and finding so many interactive ones... not what I was looking for, nor do I feel like wading through everything to find something decent to read.

But then I found this forum, and decided to take a stab at writing a fic that might actually be considered somewhat good. So, not all complaints. :)

11/21/2010 #12
District14

My complaint: wanting to read Hunger Games fanfics and finding so many interactive ones... not what I was looking for, nor do I feel like wading through everything to find something decent to read.

There are decent fic out there, hard as they are to find.

But then I found this forum, and decided to take a stab at writing a fic that might actually be considered somewhat good. So, not all complaints. :)

Seriously? People are finding us already?

I started this yesterday.

...That's awesome! :D

Please introduce yourself.

11/21/2010 #13
Daenerys Stormborn

There are decent fic out there, hard as they are to find.

I plan on sifting through everything on one of my days off. I saw you've got a "good fics" post, so if I find any worth reading I'll drop a link.

Seriously? People are finding us already? I started this yesterday.

And I had no idea this forum had been created so recently! I was just looking around, saw it, liked what I saw and decided to jump right in and act like I belonged. Hopefully no one minds, and I just posted on the new intro post. :D

11/21/2010 #14
District14

Well, thanks. :)

If you wanna to talk to me, please go to the chat thread.

11/21/2010 #15
Alyson Skye

I would just like to let you know that people like you make me want to cry. So she sacrificed a minor rule so there weren't any limits on her creativity. Is she hurting anyone? Unlike you, who seems to be on this site solely for the purpose of getting people punished for not following the rules exactly, she is not. I have been writing since I took a notebook when I was seven and wrote a sequel to "Matilda" in play form. Writing is my identity and it really hurts me to see authors attacking authors. I always had this sense that authors are wonderful people and they read other people's stories to learn skills from others and help people when and where they are stumbling. But I guess that was naive of me.

By the way, do you think that looks smart? Your comment. It looks like she bravely defended herself and you tried unsuccessfully to make her seem like she's spewing BS, but all you did was reiterate several times that she broke a tiny rule that doesn't hurt anyone. Really, it just makes you look retarded. I suggest you mind your own business and focus on your own writing skill instead of trying to take down members who do actually can write well and actually care about writing.

Sincerely, Alyson Skye

11/30/2010 #16
District14

I would just like to let you know that people like you make me want to cry.

Good for you.

So she sacrificed a minor rule so there weren't any limits on her creativity. Is she hurting anyone?

That's not the point. There are guidelines on fanfiction, and she broke them. Not to mention the fact that she was asking for characters and descriptions. That hardly strikes me as creative.

Unlike you, who seems to be on this site solely for the purpose of getting people punished for not following the rules exactly, she is not.

And how would you know anything? Do you really think that this is my only account? I do write, a lot, and I do read. I'm just sick and tired of seeing these mindless, 'Submit Ur Own Tributes so i dun hav to come up with dem miself an i also get lots of reviews!!1'. So, I decided to do something about it.

I have been writing since I took a notebook when I was seven and wrote a sequel to "Matilda" in play form.

That's good for you. I don't mind that, as long as you don't post it on here.

Writing is my identity and it really hurts me to see authors attacking authors.

I'm not attacking anyone. When did I say that?

I always had this sense that authors are wonderful people and they read other people's stories to learn skills from others and help people when and where they are stumbling. But I guess that was naive of me.

Cry me a river. She disobeyed the rules she should have read. I'd have absolutely no issue with her if she decided to publish an actual story.

By the way, do you think that looks smart? Your comment.

What looks smart?

It looks like she bravely defended herself and you tried unsuccessfully to make her seem like she's spewing BS, but all you did was reiterate several times that she broke a tiny rule that doesn't hurt anyone.

Oh, yes, so because she broke a rule, and I called her out on it, that makes me the bad guy?

Really, it just makes you look retarded.

Coming into this forum and bitching about something that has nothing to do with you is retarded.

I suggest you mind your own business and focus on your own writing skill instead of trying to take down members who do actually can write well and actually care about writing.

I suggest you get your facts right before you accuse anyone. 11/30/2010 #17
Gale's Magic Fingers

XD

Might I spork?

/totallyprobablyusingthewordwrong

12/1/2010 #18
Qzil

Qzil also, please? I haven't gone after a hater in a long, long, long time.

12/5/2010 #19
District14

Do whatever you wish, Qzzy.

12/5/2010 #20
Qzil

I would just like to let you know that people like you make me want to cry.

Not good enough. You actually have to cry for me to give a shit. Even then, I probably won't.

So she sacrificed a minor rule so there weren't any limits on her creativity.

There aren't limits on creativity. There are, however, limits on what you are allowed to post. Too bad. ): Or do you think it's okay to steal from the art room at school, too?

Unlike you, who seems to be on this site solely for the purpose of getting people punished for not following the rules exactly, she is not

Why would we care about you so much as to go out of our way to get you punished? Most of us are just tired of shifting through shit to get to actual fics.

I have been writing since I took a notebook when I was seven and wrote a sequel to "Matilda" in play form.

I care because?

Writing is my identity and it really hurts me to see authors attacking authors. I always had this sense that authors are wonderful people and they read other people's stories to learn skills from others and help people when and where they are stumbling. But I guess that was naive of me.

We are helping other people, dear. We're helping them find Hunger Games fics easier by reporting all the crap so the admins can delete it. Funny, huh? How it works.

but all you did was reiterate several times that she broke a tiny rule that doesn't hurt anyone.

Look, the site is free for us to use, and all the admins ask in return is that we follow a few simple rules. Why can't we do that? Would you rather pay to use the site? Have it shut down completely? I wouldn't.

Really, it just makes you look retarded.

Oh, my? We look retarded now? -checks mirror- I don't see a typical mentally-challenged face, my politically-incorrect friend. Although, it could be that I'm just prettier than the averaged retard, couldn't it?

I suggest you mind your own business and focus on your own writing skill instead of trying to take down members who do actually can write well and actually care about writing.

If you're offended, you're doing it wrong, dearie. How about you let your friend fight her own battles?

12/6/2010 . Edited 12/7/2010 #21
dimitrisgirl18

Hi! First, I would like to start off, even though this is in the complaints category, by saying that I am glad to see everyone on here being respectful and firm in their beliefs. Good for you guys!

There is a real reason I came to post on this forum. I have nothing against any of you individually, or even against your cause. What you are doing is in support of the Fandom, the rules, and the site moderators. However, I don't belive that your members should be running around willy-nilly flaming and negatively reviewing every SYOT they see. Yes, I'm saying this, like every other person who has complained.

So now I come to the part of my post that I ask you to actually read, not skim, even if in 5 minutes you will just ignore it and/or respond and make fun of it. If the author wants to post it, let them post. Let them make a name for themselves. That name may be something people will respect, or it may be something you here in D14 despise. But it will be something they have created for themselves, by the story they take time to write, are proud of, and hope people will read and enjoy. For those of you on here who have stories, when you get a review, I'm sure it makes you feel great. Excited, even. When the people whose stories you publically detest and shame find those reviews, their day is slightly dimmed. When they recieve 5 or more on a single chapter (which I have seen), imagine how that would make you feel, let alone that person.

I do realize that by writing this, I draw attention to my own SYOT, which has yet to be flamed. I welcome the possibility of your criticism, your abuse reports. Please, by all means, report it to your heart's content. Yes, I will be sad, disappointed. Yes, my story could be taken down, as could every other SYOT in the Hunger Games category. Yet they have not been taken down. I believe someone (not sure if it was in this forum) said that there is one site moderator that has a Fanfiction account. If you can find him, message him, and ask him why they haven't been taken down. When you recieve that reply, let me know what it entailed. And please, let him know that I will proudly be the first to have mine deleted.

All I ask is that you stop needlessly causing many SYOT authors distress and unhappiness, and stop flaming their stories. I won't call you guys jerks, morons, any unmentionable bad words, or even heartless. I won't flame your members' stories, or criticize you for random things. I will write my SYOT, and let you write your stories in peace. This is a battle that has been waging for far too long.

With respectful wishes for a happy New Year and many to come,

~dimitrisgirl18~

12/27/2010 #22
whisperasweknowit

Hey, dimitrisgirl18.

I'm not technically a member here, but I would like to address something that you said.

But it will be something they have created for themselves

The thing about SYOT stories is that the author hasn't fully created the story for themselves. They took ideas from other people. It doesn't matter if the ideas were willingly submitted, the story still does not fully belong to the author because the characters--I daresay a major part of SYOT stories--are the creation of other users.

I also just think that SYOT is overused. Even if they weren't breaking the rules, I would still be against them. It really isn't hard to come up with something besids SYOT. I had no trouble at all. I would just like to see more variety from the HG fandom writers.

Other than that, I do rather admire your nobility.

12/27/2010 . Edited 12/27/2010 #23
dimitrisgirl18

whisperasweknowit,

I believe you misinterpreted what I was trying to convey. Let me rephrase that portion. But their reputation will be something they have created for themselves.

Otherwise, thank you for your comment, and I respectfully acknowledge that you are still against SYOT stories.

~dimitrisgirl18~

12/27/2010 #24
Gale's Magic Fingers

Hello, dimitrisgirl12. How's your contest oneshot going?

Hi! First, I would like to start off, even though this is in the complaints category, by saying that I am glad to see everyone on here being respectful and firm in their beliefs. Good for you guys!

Thanks?

There is a real reason I came to post on this forum. I have nothing against any of you individually, or even against your cause. What you are doing is in support of the Fandom, the rules, and the site moderators. However, I don't belive that your members should be running around willy-nilly flaming and negatively reviewing every SYOT they see. Yes, I'm saying this, like every other person who has complained.

...every SYOT story is against the rules. You just said that you don't have any problems with that. [Also, just as a side note, I don't flame. My reviews aren't really negative, either. I'm just stating the truth, yo.]

Submit-Your-Own-Tribue stories are against the rules. If we didn't report all of them, that wouldn't be fair to the people we report, nor the people strolling through the fandom looking for a good fic.

So now I come to the part of my post that I ask you to actually read, not skim, even if in 5 minutes you will just ignore it and/or respond and make fun of it. If the author wants to post it, let them post. Let them make a name for themselves. That name may be something people will respect, or it may be something you here in D14 despise. But it will be something they have created for themselves, by the story they take time to write, are proud of, and hope people will read and enjoy. For those of you on here who have stories, when you get a review, I'm sure it makes you feel great. Excited, even. When the people whose stories you publically detest and shame find those reviews, their day is slightly dimmed. When they recieve 5 or more on a single chapter (which I have seen), imagine how that would make you feel, let alone that person.

Did I ever mention I used to write rule-breaking fics? Yeah. My first was a list, and my second was a chat. I liked the fics. They were like my babies.

--And they got flamed. Funny story. But instead of getting all pissed and stuff--because I was hurt-- I actually looked at the fics, re-read the guidelines, picked out the CC in the flames, and I improved. When I tell someone they're reported, that's what I hope will happen.

Also. Look at what I've highlighted. When they use characters someone else has made, it's not really theirs, is it? I find SYOT fics--as well as lists and chats, both of which I have had experience with-- to be incredibly lacking of creativity. And the name they get with it? Not something I'd want.

I do realize that by writing this, I draw attention to my own SYOT, which has yet to be flamed. I welcome the possibility of your criticism, your abuse reports. Please, by all means, report it to your heart's content. Yes, I will be sad, disappointed. Yes, my story could be taken down, as could every other SYOT in the Hunger Games category. Yet they have not been taken down. I believe someone (not sure if it was in this forum) said that there is one site moderator that has a Fanfiction account. If you can find him, message him, and ask him why they haven't been taken down. When you recieve that reply, let me know what it entailed. And please, let him know that I will proudly be the first to have mine deleted.

Like the site mods would tell someone what their account was. That's like inbox suicide, dude. And also, I'm not going to review your fic, because you obviously know what you're doing wrong. Be aware that I have reported it. I don't know when--or if-- the admin will get to it, but know that you're consciously making a decision that breaks the trust of the people who let you use this site for free. As Lord Kelvin once said, now they let you use the site for free, but what happens if they decide that since you can't seem to follow their rules, they'll charge for each post? What does that mean for me, someone who puts time and effort and makes sure that my fic follows the rules? There are a lot of people like me on the site. What happens to them if that happens, hm?

All I ask is that you stop needlessly causing many SYOT authors distress and unhappiness, and stop flaming their stories. I won't call you guys jerks, morons, any unmentionable bad words, or even heartless. I won't flame your members' stories, or criticize you for random things. I will write my SYOT, and let you write your stories in peace. This is a battle that has been waging for far too long.

I repeat: I don't flame. Please stop assuming everyone here flames. And all I ask is that people follow the rules. Can't we come to an agreement?

Happy holidays to you too!

Rachel

12/27/2010 #25
mutemockingjay

I also just think that SYOT is overused. Even if they weren't breaking the rules, I would still be against them. It really isn't hard to come up with something besids SYOT. I had no trouble at all. I would just like to see more variety from the HG fandom writers.

Other than that, I do rather admire your nobility.

^ THIS THIS THIS.

Look, I've been on this site since I was sixteen years old. Now, I'll be twenty next year. So I am not new to FFN or its rules, or fanfic in general. When something inspires me, and truly catches my eye, I get really excited and want to read some well written fanfic on it.

This isn't to say that SYOT fics can't be well written. However, not only are they rule-breaking, but as Whisp has said, not very original. I am a rookie in this fandom, I'll give you that. But when I clicked on the front page I wanted some epic Peeta/Katniss, maybe some drabbles, hell, I love OCs fics, too.

But what did I see?

Row after row of SYOT fics. I went all the way to page three, and there were barely any non-SYOT fics around. And that was really disheartening. I've been asking friends since then, and of course, frequenting a different forum, but when I come into a new fandom, I want some kick ass, fresh stuff, not the same old-same old.

12/27/2010 #26
mutemockingjay

Also, Rachel:

I agree with your post 100%. It is all completely true.

I don't flame fics anymore (I saved that for Twilight at any raate) so I wouldn't flame a SYOT. But it still deserves to be reported.

And...damn, this is really a Lord Kelvin question, but I'm possibly a hypocrite, too. Because while I haven't ever written an interactive fic (though on my old account I once wrote a very stylized fic in second person that's still up because...no one ever reported. It was also highly personal) my own fic isn;t in the crossovers category when technically, it's a crossover.

Is that breaking a rule?

O______o

If so, you are completely welcome to warm up that report button.

12/27/2010 #27
whisperasweknowit

Rachel:

Did I ever mention I used to write rule-breaking fics? Yeah. My first was a list, and my second was a chat. I liked the fics. They were like my babies.

--And they got flamed. Funny story. But instead of getting all pissed and stuff--because I was hurt-- I actually looked at the fics, re-read the guidelines, picked out the CC in the flames, and I improved. When I tell someone they're reported, that's what I hope will happen.

Whoa. This. Completely this. I got flamed by Kalt. I joined a forum he was in, and he told me to go to the LU. I went, and I essentially got pwned. But I took down the fic, as well as all the other shit on my stories list even though they were perfectly within the guidelines. Like you said you did, I improved.

12/27/2010 #28
Gale's Magic Fingers

Whoa. This. Completely this. I got flamed by Kalt. I joined a forum he was in, and he told me to go to the LU. I went, and I essentially got pwned. But I took down the fic, as well as all the other shit on my stories list even though they were perfectly within the guidelines. Like you said you did, I improved.

That's great!

(Also. Another thing against SYOTs: they get all the reviews. D:)

12/27/2010 #29
whisperasweknowit

(Also. Another thing against SYOTs: they get all the reviews. D:)

Ugh, I know. DX My HG one-shot got two or three reviews. Then again, I don't get reviews on any of my stories...-complains loudly-

12/27/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: District14 Lostliveson4eva, SydneyLouWho, GlimmerIcewood, St. Elsewhere, Lightfall, whisperasweknowit
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member