District 14
We could be a career pack. We bash people to death with our laptops. And steal their wifi.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

This is a general thread about places we're going or places we've been. Post your pictures or travelogues!

My college is doing an "on-site study" this June, which means they pack a bunch of students and a professor off to a foreign city under the guise of doing work.

It's for three weeks, and the city is London, with visits to Stratford-on-Avon and Windsor. Yes, the subject is Shakespeare.

First info meeting is on Monday.

1/27/2012 . Edited 1/27/2012 #1

I'm going to NZ in the holidays. That means loads and loads of pretty. We're doing the whole tourist thing, so I'll probably post loads of pictures.

Also I'll miss you lot over the ten days I'll be deprived of internet.

3/19/2012 #2

The info meeting's been and gone, and I've sent in my application. It's in the hands of... whoever does this shit.

Edit: Immediately after that I checked my email and hey, guess what. They called me. Apparently multiple times.

I sent a panicky apologetic email to the prof in charge, and I'll meet with him this week to probably cry, apologize, and omg omg maybe I'll actually get to do this?

3/19/2012 . Edited 3/19/2012 #3

So I'll be in New Zealand by tomorrow, but expect a major spam of pretty scenery after I get back.

Also my backpack is bigger on the inside, I swear.

4/2/2012 #4

Can I totally creep on this forum topic?!

Cause me and my 33-lb suitcase are headed to Spain tomorrow :D

4/4/2012 #5

Yo. This is me, the intrepid explorer, updating on an phone and using the slowest public wifi known to humankind. Anyway, here in Wellington it is, predominantly, cold. It hasn't rained much, though, which is nice. So far the food is good and the museums better.

Also the train station is cool.

4/5/2012 #6
the tiniest pyre

Going to the Townsend/Pigeon Forge/Chattanooga area on the twenty-first and twenty-second.

I don't really want to go, but apparently there are museums, and maybe pretty tea kettles that don't cost a fortune (because according to my dad, "They have everything up there.").

4/5/2012 #7

Second update from the land of the kiwi.

Currently the weather is a little warmer than when I last updated, but still chilly. In about half an hour I'll be hopping on a plane to Rotorua, i.e. Touristville New Zealand. Apparently the hot springs make it smell. We're going to be lowered into a cave, so I'll tell you how that goes. There will probably be glow worms, and also possibly wetas (fucking huge crickets). Joy. 4/6/2012 #8

Boston today. c:

4/6/2012 #9

Cruise this week.

Bye guys!

4/12/2012 #10

I got accepted, did an interview, attended a large orientation for everyone going abroad this summer.

Next on my calendar is a smaller group orientation in 11 days where I'll meet the people with whom I'll be living and learn more about the program.

4/12/2012 #11

School trip to Washington DC, Hershey Park, a baseball game, and a few museums. All supposed to be done over a span of two days,including a six hour bus ride. God help me, I think I won't survive.

5/7/2012 #12
Attended small-group orientation, but due to a clusterfuck of schedules we couldn't have another meeting after to share syllabus and shit. So the next time I see everyone will be in London. Oh boy.
5/7/2012 #13
Leaving At Midnight

I went to Melbourne for a while so that's why I've been virtually non-existent on FF as of late.

But I'm back, because you were all totally missing me ;A;

5/10/2012 #14
Claratrix LeChatham

I'll be in northeastish America for a month this summer, and I can go anywhere for a day trip while I'm there. Like Maine-ish places and the bushes outside Whisp's house. Places I've often dreamed of visiting.

5/11/2012 #15

My yard has nice bushes. ♥

5/11/2012 #16

I went to New York yesterday. :3

My friend and I spent a lot of time lost in the area around Times Square but we did do some shopping and there was a guy dressed impeccably as Edward Scissorhands and I got a picture with him and then we saw the musical Once on Broadway which was DUHFGJDKGSD AMAZING and it was just beaucoup de fun. :3

5/14/2012 #17

I'm going to Chicago this year for choir and New York City with my best friend next summer!! :D

Last week, I went to an island resort in North Carolina. I read on the beach and ate a lot of sushi. I used my sister to talk to some guys at a tacky souvenir shop because we were looking for a gift for her boyfriend and 'needed' their preference on hats. It was a very fun, lazy vacation.

7/30/2012 #18
Erwin Smith

Leaving for Toronto on Friday to see Bruce Springsteen at the Sky Dome and then I'm flying to Tampa for a week-long cruise!

8/22/2012 #19
Erwin Smith

I'm a Mexicatte!

Staying at my waterfront condo for two weeks in Cozumel, Mexico.

12/15/2012 #20

11/17/2013 #21
Forum Moderators: District14 Lostliveson4eva, SydneyLouWho, GlimmerIcewood, St. Elsewhere, Lightfall, whisperasweknowit
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member