District 14
We could be a career pack. We bash people to death with our laptops. And steal their wifi.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Lostliveson4eva

Not gonna lie, it kinda bugged me that they left out the part wherSe Peeta got a prosthetic leg.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

I WAS LIKE. NO.

3/23/2012 #31
Pure Evil Breed

Peeta got a prosthetic leg.

What? Like Star Wars?

3/23/2012 #32
Generation Nothing

Everyone was like, "THE KISS IS AMAZING!!!111!"

I

it wasn't

EVERYTHING FELT FAKE.

AND I KNOW KATNISS WAS DOING HER BEST TO ACT LIKE SHE LOVED HIM.

BUT IT LOOKED FAKE.

3/23/2012 #33
whisperasweknowit

People were applauding the kiss and Gale was all "D:" and I was like "STOP CLAPPING THIS IS A TENSE AND SAD SCENE GOD."

HALLUCINATION!CAESAR GOT SWAG.

YES.

My god, the song that plays when he walks out for the first interviews. Forever fangirling.

3/23/2012 #34
Generation Nothing

Evan made a video of him doing that. XD

3/23/2012 #35
Generation Nothing

Also I was watching the movie and during certain parts I remembered tumblr memes/gifs that went along with them and started laughing when Katniss was awake in bed because I remembered the

"I don't sleep, I wait," gif, and I started giggling.

3/23/2012 #36
whisperasweknowit

That video made my life. xD

When Peeta and Katniss were on the roof before the games I could only think, "Katniss, I can see up your skirt." And when Katniss drew her bow to shoot the apple I was just thinking, "SAY IT AGAIN BITCH."

Laughed/snorted at a lot of awkward times. xD

3/23/2012 #37
Generation Nothing

When she entered the tube the first thing that came to mind was, "I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!".

And when Katniss drew her bow to shoot the apple I was just thinking, "SAY IT AGAIN BITCH."

XD

3/23/2012 #38
A Band Of Thieves

Lololol at the music that played when Caesar Flickerman was introduced.

3/23/2012 #39
marblesharp

Well darn. Everything I wanted to gush about has already been said. .___.

BUT OMG FIONA HIS INTRO WAS MY FAVORITE PART.

*music plays*

*Caesar looking away, then snaps head and ~ SMILE ~ *

3/24/2012 . Edited 3/24/2012 #40
Erwin Smith

Okay. Let's get down to business.

1. I think they spent a little too much time on the Capitol exposition and not enough time on the Games themselves.

2. I think the cast was fantastic.

3. Wes Bentley. Damn.

4. Wasn't Katniss almost supposed to die of dehydration?

5. Peeta didn't lose his leg. -.-

6. I didn't think Haymitch was enough of an asshole.

7. I did not like Lenny Kravitz as Cinna.

8. The Capitolians looked like they were attending a clown convention, which I liked. They were suitably freakish.

9. The Cornucopia looked all wrong. It was supposed to be gold and it looked like modern artz.

10. Clove. Wasn't. Rocked. By. Thresh. -.-

11. They didn't mention D4 as a Career District. How will they explain Finnick in CF?

12. I thought Effie was hilarious.

13. I liked the fact that we could see what was going on in the districts.

14. I loved the riot in D11.

15. I had to prepare myself for Rue's death. Got all the feels, but none of the creyes.

16. I absolutely adored Seneca's implied death.

17. I thought they did the chariot outfits extremely well.

18. Cato turned into a psycho motherfucker at the end. Me gusta.

19. I thought the sexual tension between Cato and Glimmer was a nice touch.

20. I thought Donald Sutherland as Snow was an excellent choice.

3/24/2012 #41
Generation Nothing

7. I did not like Lenny Kravitz as Cinna.

EXCUSE ME.

YOU CAN ALSO LEAVE.

18. Cato turned into a psycho motherfucker at the end. Me gusta.

I loved that part when he was explaining how he was dead anyway. 3333

19. I thought the sexual tension between Cato and Glimmer was a nice touch.

BUT HE STILL LEFT HER TO DIE.

3/24/2012 #42
Erwin Smith

EXCUSE ME.

YOU CAN ALSO LEAVE.

He acted well, I just think they could've found someone more suitable. He was a little too...intimate. If that makes sense.

BUT HE STILL LEFT HER TO DIE.

Cato's a slut. He must've moved on to Marvel or Clove after his fuck-buddy died.

3/24/2012 #43
Generation Nothing

err, what is Katniss going to do for her training in Catching Fire, since Seneca wasn't hung?

3/24/2012 #44
Erwin Smith

Maybe she'll jam the dummy's mouth full of berries.

3/24/2012 #45
Generation Nothing

XD

or she could paint a beard on it and do that

3/24/2012 #46
Toxophilite

Lololol at the music that played when Caesar Flickerman was introduced.

That's my favorite song on the score.

Also, I thought that Liam's acting in the beginning was pretty bad.

But it got better.

3/24/2012 #47
Generation Nothing

-kicks everyone out-

3/24/2012 #48
Erwin Smith

I think she could still hang the dummy. The way the execution was carried out is irrelevant, just as long as it says she knows that Seneca was executed.

But she should definitely paint a beard on it. Mhm.

3/24/2012 #49
Toxophilite

It was just the way he said Catnip.

And laughed.

3/24/2012 #50
Generation Nothing

I wish they had slowed down during the chariot rides.

They spent so long making those outfits but we didn't even get to see them on the actors.

3/24/2012 #51
Erwin Smith

I agree. Although, from what I saw of D2's outfits, they looked like a Roman gladiator Halloween costume.

XD

3/24/2012 #52
whisperasweknowit

I died when I saw Clove in her outfit. :'D

7. I did not like Lenny Kravitz as Cinna

OH THAT REMINDS ME.

DOC.

When Katniss was all "So you're here to make me look pretty" and he was all "I'm here to help you make an impression" all I could think was "GURL I'M HERE TO MAKE YOU LOOK FAB-U-LOUS."

3/24/2012 #53
Generation Nothing

I totally thought he was just gonna grab her and attempt to suck her face off.

They kissed, like, a total of once. I wouldn't blame him.

DOC.

When Katniss was all "So you're here to make me look pretty" and he was all "I'm here to help you make an impression" all I could think was "GURL I'M HERE TO MAKE YOU LOOK FAB-U-LOUS."

Oh my gosh, I remember that parody.

3/24/2012 #54
St. Elsewhere

It was just the way he said Catnip.

IT WAS FAKE AND TERRIBLE.

but seriously, i like the characters of cato and caesar so much better after the film

also where'd my capitals go this isn't tumblr

all I could think was "GURL I'M HERE TO MAKE YOU LOOK FAB-U-LOUS."

^^^^^^^^^^^^

3/24/2012 . Edited 3/24/2012 #55
A Band Of Thieves

Yeah that's what I thought too.

Also I didn't like Lenny kravitz as Cinna very much.

I loved the part when Katniss and Foxface run into each other.

3/24/2012 #56
A Ghost Who Walks
Caesar Flickerman was awesome. I liked Lenny Kravitz as Cinna.

But Seneca Crane.

-insert fangirl squee-

3/24/2012 #57
SydneyLouWho
Was that the EvilIguana parody?
3/24/2012 #58
Generation Nothing

Si.

3/24/2012 #59
silver-nightstorm

1. Seneca Crane. He never made much an impression on me in the books, but in the move? Easily my favorite character. Easily. Period.

2. The extra details added? ADORE. I loved seeing the Gamemakers at work. I loved the DNA testing in the Districts to make sure the right people were where they needed to be. I loved the reasoning for the fire that targeted Katniss. I loved Seneca and Snow's little talks. I loved Haymitch convincing Seneca to have two victors. I loved. It. All.

3. Haymitch. I was very unsure about him at first, but when he stopped Peeta with his foot and called Katniss "Sweetheart" for the first time, I fell in love. Literally. I think he's my second favorite.

4. Effie. ADORE. COMPLETELY. She was PERFECT. The way she mouthed the words of the Hunger Games video, the way she said "mahogany", the way she went from criticising Katniss to hugging her for the training score. She was the perfect combination of crazy and bubbly and EVERYTHING. Third favorite, for sures.

5. Cinna. He was much better than I hoped for, I actually really liked him. XD Nicely done~ I pictured Cinna behaving a bit differently, but what he did was nice and good and (I though) fitting. So nice job Cinna, sorry for underestimating you!

6. The Chariot Rides. I liked their costumes, but I thought more could have been done with the fire. I also thought it should have stayed on through the presidents speech like it did in the books. I wish they had shown the other tribute's costumes in greater detail, I was curious about them :)

7. The Interviews. I wish they had the other tributes on stage. Katniss's reaction to Peeta's interview is a pretty big part, I think. PEETA'S INTERVIEW. I adored it. It was just as adorable as I imagined. All the inteviews, I love the snippets they showed us, very nice. I wish Glimmer's dress was more provocative, she looked too innocent in her dress (although it was pretty~). Katniss's dress, I loved it. When I saw the still pictures that were leaked online, I was very disappointed. But when she spun and it LIT ON FIRE, I died. Just... DIED. IT WAS AMAZING.

8. I wish there was more time in the games, and more time for me to type this. I'll finish this (and post all my premier related art) tomorrow or after I come back from senior trip :) LOVE EVERYONE~!

3/25/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: District14 Lostliveson4eva, SydneyLouWho, GlimmerIcewood, St. Elsewhere, Lightfall, whisperasweknowit
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member