The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

Continued from The Shoppe: http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/66557/21211981/1/

11/5/2010 #1
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

I watched as four people came into the inn and looked around. Then I stared - one of them was that woman I'd met a fouple of days ago! I grinned at her and waved her over. I had wondered what she'd been up to, and now was the perfect time to ask her!

She walked over, and her friends followed. Two of them looked a bit familiar - maybe they'd been here before - but I didn't recognise the other one. However, that blue surcoat she was wearing was familiar; hadn't that woman who had been killed a few days ago been wearing the same sort of thing? Maybe they'd known each other or something.

'Hello again!' I said cheerfully to the woman I'd met before. I couldn't remember her name. I couldn't remember if I'd asked what it was or not.

She nodded at me, but didn't say anything. I seemed to remember she hadn't been all that friendly before. Oh well...

'What can I get you all?' I asked, leaning on the bar.

11/5/2010 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I don't want anything,' I muttered, looking around at the people in the inn.

'You sure?' the barmaid asked. Her voice had that always-cheerful tone that never failed to get on my nerves.

I didn't bother to answer her question. Instead, I just glared at her, then went back to scanning the inn's customers. In truth, I really wanted a beer. I mean, really wanted one. But I was supposed to be responsible now; I had to keep my head clear so I could fight this necromancer - when we managed to find her.

'What about you lot, then?' the barmaid asked Cariel, Oliver and Serran.

11/5/2010 #3
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Just a quick post before I have to leave!)

Oliver-

"We don't need anything," said Cariel at the same time that I said, "I'll have a beer."

The barmaid bobbed a quick curtsey and went off to fetch my drink, and Cariel turned to shoot me a subdued version of her glare. "She won't tell us anything unless we order something," I reasoned.

11/5/2010 #4
Aristocrat Emperor of Puppies

Felix-

I was drinking my ale when in the corner of my eye I saw a blur of a blue surcoat going into the inn next door. "Abhorsen!?" I thought. I quickly got up, pretending to be drunk, and went into the inn. I saw the figure in the blue surcoat was a lady, a girl actually, and quickly came up to her. But when I blinked, I saw she wasn't wearing a blue surcoat, but a simple dress. "I might as well talk to her." I thought. "Milady?" I yelled, still pretending to be drunk for over-cautious reasons.

11/5/2010 #5
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

The barmaid quickly brought Oliver his beer, and I glared at him. Knowing him, he'd probably ordered it just to piss me off. Surely he was aware of the fact that I really wanted a beer right now?

'Milady?'

I jumped as someone shouted at me, and turned around to see who the hell it was. I saw a man, standing just behind me. From the looks of him, he was rather drunk. I gave him one of my blackest glares, and then turned back towards Cariel, Oliver and Serran. Oliver was having a few sips of his beer, and that barmaid was giving me a funny look. Trying to ignore both of them, plus the drunken bloke, was rather difficult. Serran and Cariel were really the only people I could start talking to.

'Who do you think we should ask first?' I said, lowering my voice so we wouldn't be overheard. 'I mean, who's most likely to know something about this necromancer?'

11/5/2010 #6
ThisMortalCoil

Serran-

"I'd ask the barmaid."

11/6/2010 #7
Aristocrat Emperor of Puppies

Felix-

The young lady ignored me. "Is it because of my drunk act?" I thought. As soon as the thought came to mind, another one came too.

"Milady, do you need any information? If so, I have quite a lot.". I said to the young lady.

11/6/2010 #8
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"That guy's completely drunk," I muttered, glancing up from my cup of frothing beer. "I doubt he has any useful information. Ask the barmaid," I said to Raylinn, elbowing her, and she shot me a glare. What had I done now?

"Still..." said Cariel, looking at the drunkard thoughtfully.

11/7/2010 #9
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

'Ask me what?' I asked, leaning towards them. I probably shouldn't have been listening in on their conversation, but I couldn't help it. They seemed like an interesting group.

The girl looked at me. 'We're on the trail of a necromancer,' she said, lowering her voice even more. 'We believe she was around here not long ago. Have you seen anything - anyone - acting suspiciously at all?'

I thought for a moment. A necromancer? That term did sound familiar...

'Oh, there was a necromancer here,' I said, slightly excited. I was actually being helpful! 'He killed that woman a few days ago - oh, wait, you said 'she' didn't you? I don't think I've seen a female one...'

11/7/2010 #10
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I looked at the barmaid closely - she'd seen Tarael's killer! Then abruptly I remembered that I wasn't the Abhorsen; this was Raylinn's job, and right now we were going after Nate's murderer. This other necromancer could wait.

"Yeah, a female necromancer was here, or is here," said Oliver. "Though she probably isn't wearing her bells out in public." He turned to Raylinn. "You saw her through the telescope."

11/7/2010 #11
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

For a brief moment, I was puzzled. Then I remembered - the woman I'd seen. The one I'd thought was Serran.

'I didn't get much of a look at her,' I said quietly. 'But I'm pretty sure she had dark hair.' I looked back at the barmaid, who was watching us closely. 'Have you seen anyone like that?'

The girl raised both eyebrows. 'Sure, I see a lot o' people with dark hair,' she said, talking as if I was stupid. 'It's not exactly an unusual hair colour, is it?'

I glared at her, and she shut up.

11/7/2010 #12
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Yes, but this woman would be a stranger," I said quickly, deciding that with Raylinn's temper, she wasn't the right person to go about questioning the barmaid. "She only would have come here yesterday."

11/7/2010 #13
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

I thought back to the customers we'd had here yesterday. A lot of them had had dark hair, and there had been quite a few I hadn't recognised.

'She might have been acting a bit odd,' the younger girl added. 'Maybe, a little shifty or something.'

I frowned, and thought a bit harder. The younger girl sighed rather loudly, so I looked at her in irritation. She sure was impatient.

'There was this one woman,' I said, as the memories came back to me. 'She kept her hood up all the time she was here. But I don't think she was a necromancer. She was trading hats, you see, and she was on her way to see a friend. Said her name was... um... I can't quite remember. It'll come back to me, though.'

11/7/2010 #14
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

Trading hats? It was so ridiculous, it was obviously a cover story to take in naive barmaids like this one.

"Never mind that," I said impatiently as the barmaid tried to remember the stranger's name. "When was she here? When did she leave? Did she say where she was going?"

11/7/2010 #15
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

'Um...' I tried to remember. 'She was here in the afternoon, I think. She didn't stay long. She said she was heading north.'

11/7/2010 #16
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Are you sure she went north, though?" I asked, remembering this necromancer's previous change in direction. "Did you see her leave town?"

11/7/2010 #17
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

The barmaid shook her head. 'No, I had to stay here. Because I was working, you know?'

I sighed again. Why couldn't someone with an ounce of intelligence have seen this woman? I could already tell that we weren't going to be getting much more useful information out of this girl.

11/7/2010 #18
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"What d'you think?" I muttered, turning away from the bartender and talking to the others. "We're less than a day behind. I don't know where she'd be going, though. If she crosses te river she could be going to Roble's Town. Or if she keeps going north, she might be going to Qyrre."

"Or she could be going nowhere at all," Oliver pointed out, helpful as ever, which was not at all.

11/7/2010 #19
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

'Well,' I said, as an idea suddenly sprang into my mind. 'There were lots of guards around yesterday. They were all making a fuss about that woman who got killed. Maybe one of them saw her?'

11/7/2010 #20
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Er - you mean Royal guards?" I said, a bit nervously. I had no idea how much the Royal family knew about everything that had been going on with us, if anything at all.

11/7/2010 #21
Fishy Biscuits

~Ysabel~

'Yeah, I think so,' I replied. 'They were wearing those red-and-gold cloaks. Um... I don't know where they're staying, but I could help you find out, if you wanted.'

The younger girl rolled her eyes and groaned, and I raised one eyebrow. How friendly of her...

11/7/2010 #22
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Yes, that would be fine," I said hurriedly. When the barmaid left, I turned to Raylinn. "What's the matter?" I whispered.

11/7/2010 #23
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I just don't like her,' I muttered. 'She irritates me. And the way she looks at me - it's as though she thinks that I'm stupid or something. She's probably noticed that I'm younger than her, and so she thinks I'm a little kid or something.'

I glanced sideways at Oliver, who was drinking his beer. I considered saying something about that, but then I thought better of it. The less I thought about the fact that I wanted a beer, the better.

11/7/2010 #24
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Well, if we want information, we'll have to be polite," I said. Raylinn snorted, so I gave up.

Oliver drained his beer with a few gulps, and put down his glass with a contented sigh, smacking his lips. "That hit the spot."

11/7/2010 #25
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I glared at Oliver again. He was just rubbing it in, wasn't he.

'No,' I said to him, elbowing him sharply in the side. 'That did.'

11/7/2010 #26
Sanaryelle

(OOC: ^_^)

Oliver-

"Ow!" I said, rubbing my ribs. That would probably leave a bruise.

"Should I even bother asking what I did wrong this time?" I asked tiredly.

11/7/2010 #27
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I'm having to research chivalry for my English assignment! ^_^)

~Idriel~

'Do I really have to explain?' I asked, rolling my eyes. 'Or are you as thick as that barmaid?'

'Which barmaid?' afore-mentioned girl asked, returning from wherever it was she'd gone.

I sighed. 'Never mind.'

11/7/2010 #28
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Nice! Are you doing Renaissance poetry? Petrarch?)

Oliver-

I stared at Raylinn, wondering what the hell her problem was. But finding Nate's killer was more important than trading insults with Raylinn, so I forced myself to hold my tongue.

"What did you find out?" Cariel was asking the barmaid.

11/7/2010 #29
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: It's for my medieval English module. I'm reading Le Morte Darthur. *squee* Chivalry!)

~Ysabel~

'Not much,' I said apologetically. 'My boss said they weren't staying here, and there aren't any other inns in the village, so he doesn't know where they are. Maybe to... wherever Royal guards go...' I finished rather lamely. 'Still, I've got the afternoon off, so I could help you look once it gets past midday.'

11/7/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member