The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I headed back to my room, and made sure I had all the piles of exam papers arranged neatly on my desk - one pile for each day of the week, with dividers separating the different class' exams. I sighed. This week was going to be so much fun...

3/24/2011 #3,001
Sanaryelle

Orien-

It was very late at night when I finally fell into bed. I only hoped my alarm clock worked...

(OOC: I'm going to sign off on this thread - I should sleep soon!)

3/24/2011 #3,002
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Okay! And I have a lecture to go to soon.)

~Yvanna~

After double-checking my exam papers - I had a habit of forgetting something rather obvious - I decided that it was time to go to bed. I set my alarm clock, and tried not to think of the 'fun' lessons I would have tomorrow.

3/24/2011 #3,003
Sanaryelle

Orien-

After a hurried breakfast which I avoided eating, and a mug of tea, I felt slightly ready to tackle classes. By lunchtime, though, I had despaired of the abilities of my students, all of whom seemed to have forgotten everything they'd learned over the holidays. By dinner time, I was seriously considering handing in my resignation.

I'd told my students flat out that I wouldn't discuss exam results with them until later this week, so mercifully I was spared most of the tears and complaints.

3/26/2011 #3,004
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I waited for Orien at the bottom of the stairs that evening, so we could sneak away to her room for a proper dinner, instead of subjecting ourselves to a mystery plate of goodness-knows-what in the cafeteria. When I saw her approaching, I grinned.

'Fun first day?' I asked sarcastically, seeing from her expression that the opposite was probably true.

3/26/2011 #3,005
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I scowled. "Don't even mention fun for another week at least," I grumbled.

3/26/2011 #3,006
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Lots of teary students already?' I asked sympathetically.

3/26/2011 #3,007
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yes." I heaved a great sigh. "And I specifically told them not to be teary until later this week!"

3/26/2011 #3,008
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Oh, you haven't given out their exam marks yet?' I said. 'I've already given the papers back to the classes I had today. Quite a few teary students for me too.'

3/26/2011 #3,009
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"No, I gave them back their papers," I admitted. "I just told them I didn't want to hear about them for a few days at least. I wanted to avoid complaining for a while."

3/26/2011 #3,010
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I winced. 'You know, letting it wait is sometimes worse than just getting it over and done with,' I said.

3/26/2011 #3,011
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Oh, I can't deal with weepy girls right now!" I protested. "I'd tell them to all go jump in a lake, or something."

3/26/2011 #3,012
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I laughed. 'Don't do that,' I said. 'Practically every other teacher here would get the same idea, and we'd have no students left!'

3/26/2011 #3,013
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"That's not sounding too bad right now," I observed. Finally I shrugged and smiled. "So - shepherd's pie?"

3/26/2011 #3,014
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I nodded and grinned. 'Shepherd's pie,' I agreed. 'Nothing like some decent food to cheer you up, is there.'

3/26/2011 #3,015
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Right now I'd settle for edible food," I commented as we made our way to my room and its secret stash.

3/26/2011 #3,016
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Well, thanks to your mother, we know we'll be getting that,' I said, pushing open the door to Orien's room after she'd unlocked it.

3/26/2011 #3,017
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yes, indeed," I said, pulling out the food. "Did you bring forks?"

3/26/2011 #3,018
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I did,' I replied, holding up the two forks I'd managed to steal from the cafeteria at lunch. I looked at the shepherd's pie. 'Are we having it cold, then?'

3/26/2011 #3,019
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I grinned. "You only had to ask." I heated up the dish with a quick Charter spell.

3/26/2011 #3,020
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I grinned at the appetising smell. 'That magic stuff is definitely useful sometimes,' I said.

3/26/2011 #3,021
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Extremely useful," I said, scooping up a forkful of steaming potatoes.

3/26/2011 #3,022
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Until they set the fire alarm off,' I added, digging in to the food.

3/26/2011 #3,023
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Well, everything has its price," I said, enjoying the taste of my mother's shepherd's pie.

3/26/2011 #3,024
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I guess so,' I agreed. We ate for a few minutes in silence, enjoying the fact that we were eating proper food. 'You know,' I said, breaking the silence, 'I'm glad I didn't have any First Formers today. They're always the worst when it comes to exam results.'

3/26/2011 #3,025
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Tell me about it," I sighed. "Gillie managed to break two windows during her exam, and she's in tears because she didn't get a perfect score."

3/26/2011 #3,026
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I made a face. 'I hate it when they cry,' I said. 'It's so annoying.'

3/26/2011 #3,027
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yes, well, at least you're somewhat good at comforting them. Me, whenever I try to do it I just end up making them cry even more. It's an endless cycle."

3/26/2011 #3,028
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I patted Orien's shoulder. 'I think you need some lessons in tact.'

3/26/2011 #3,029
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Maybe," I admitted, "but I'm better than my brother at it."

3/26/2011 #3,030
« Prev Page 1 .. 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member