The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"You've had a look," I said firmly. "Now leave - us - alone. Please," I added belatedly. I didn't know if it would work, but hopefully they'd stop gawping at us like store windows.

1/2/2011 #301
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Aren't you supposed to be looking at the Wall, anyway?' I added, pointing towards it with my thumb. A few - but not all - of the people reluctantly looked away from us, and I sighed. Last time I'd been to Ancelstierre, I hadn't been wearing such obvious clothing, so I hadn't had this problem. I shivered slightly at the memories of my previous stay here and tried to push them out of my mind. This visit would be very different, I reminded myself.

1/2/2011 #302
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"What's wrong with looking?" said a woman crossly. She brought up her camera, and I was very tempted to shatter it with a spell I'd just learned.

I held up my hand to block the lens. "Please back off," I said evenly. A few more people broke away from the group, but those who remained looked distinctly annoyed.

1/2/2011 #303
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Would you like it if everybody started staring at you?' I asked, folding my arms. At least talking gave me something to concentrate on other than those memories.

1/2/2011 #304
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The rude woman looked at Idriel in dislike, but Idriel's glare was pretty potent and the woman looped her arm around her husband's. Her husband frowned through his moustache. "I think if you visit a country, you should act more respectful," he said.

I stared at him. What did he just say? Idriel was the Abhorsen, and I was from Ancelstierre - we didn't have to put up with this shit. I took a step towards him, and several of the tourists hastily withdrew, gasping.

1/2/2011 #305
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oliver...' I said warningly, putting a hand on his arm. The last thing we wanted was to get into a fight. I looked back at the man. 'Well I think that gawping at people like they're some sort of exhibit is pretty disrespectful,' I said back to him. 'So I don't think you should be the one to talk about respect.'

1/2/2011 #306
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The man turned to his cross wife and muttered something about 'young people these days', which I found extremely patronizing. The bus driver tapped my arm and looked at us. "Hey - you want that ride into Bain or don't you? Don't stir up any trouble, all right?"

I glanced at the driver then took Idriel's hand and led her away from the crowd. "People can be so stupid," I said, kicking a low wall that surrounded some shrubs.

1/2/2011 #307
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I know,' I sighed. 'But I guess they don't know that you're from here or anything. I guess they're all from somewhere south, so they're not used to seeing people like us. I know it doesn't excuse their rudeness, but still...'

1/2/2011 #308
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I sat down on the low wall. "It makes me ashamed to be Ancelstierran..." I glanced up at Idriel. "We're not all like this."

1/2/2011 #309
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I know,' I said, sitting down beside him and giving his hand a squeeze. 'I guess there'll always be some people like that, no matter where you go.'

1/2/2011 #310
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"And now we get to share a bus with them," I said. "Great..."

1/2/2011 #311
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'At least it's not all that far to Bain,' I said, sighing. 'If we sit at the front, we should be able to get off quickly.'

1/2/2011 #312
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"And then they can only stare at the back of our heads," I said. A few of the tourists were still glancing at us, but most were taking some more pictures of the Wall.

The bus driver threw down his cigarette, and got onto his bus. I turned to Idriel. "Ready to face the lions?"

1/2/2011 . Edited 1/2/2011 #313
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Ready as I'll ever be,' I replied wryly. We both got up and started to walk towards the bus.

1/2/2011 #314
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The glances and whispers started up again, but Idriel ignored them heroically, so I tried to follow suit. We climbed into the bus and seated ourselves right near the front. "I feel like I'm in school again," I said wryly. "Except my friends and I would always try to get seats in the back of the bus, rather than the front."

1/2/2011 #315
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Why?' I asked, making sure I was looking straight at him, rather than at the staring tourists.

1/2/2011 #316
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Because the teacher always sat near the front," I said. There was a bit of a scramble as the first tourists on the bus tried to take the seats closest to us, and then the rest boarded at more normal pace - though the line was held up several times by people stopping to stare. One boy actually reached out and tried to touch my sword before his mother snatched his hand.

1/2/2011 #317
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I was pleased that I was sitting nearest the window. If that boy had tried to grab my sword, I might just have hit him.

'You didn't like the teacher?' I asked Oliver, trying to focus on imagining what an Ancelstierran school was like, instead of on the two idiots sitting behind us.

1/2/2011 #318
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Well, it's not that I didn't like my teachers," I said. "It's just that when they were watching me, I had to behave - or try to."

The driver turned, did a quick head count, and then started up the bus.

1/2/2011 #319
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I was quite proud of myself for not visibly jumping when the bus' engine started up.

'You? Behave?' I asked, giving Oliver a grin whilst trying to ignore the stares from the two teenage boys who were sitting in the seats across the aisle from us.

1/2/2011 #320
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I didn't say I was successful," I said with a smile.

A paper airplane hit me in the side of my head, and I absent-mindedly scrunched it up into a ball and pelted it back at the boys across the aisle.

1/2/2011 . Edited 1/2/2011 #321
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I can't imagine you were,' I agreed, watching the two boys out of the corner of my eye. One of them was looking down at the scrunched-up bit of paper, but the other one was staring at me in a way I really didn't like.

1/2/2011 #322
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I noticed something odd in Idriel's expression, and glanced across the aisle. Was that boy...? I made as if to get up.

1/2/2011 #323
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Leave it,' I murmured, placing a hand on Oliver's arm. The bus had only just started moving, and I didn't really fancy getting thrown off and having to walk all the way to Bain.

1/2/2011 #324
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"You sure?" I asked quietly. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of what had happened on the beach in Ganel.

1/2/2011 #325
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'A long as he doesn't try and do anything,' I replied, still watching the boy out of the corner of my eye.

1/2/2011 #326
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded and settled reluctantly back into my chair, trying to keep myself between Idriel and the boy's line of sight. "We'll be in Bain soon," I said, holding Idriel's hand tightly.

1/2/2011 #327
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded and squeezed his hand back. 'I know.'

1/2/2011 #328
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I ran my thumb against the back of Idriel's hand. "Did you bring anything for Cariel?" I asked, trying to distract her.

1/2/2011 . Edited 1/2/2011 #329
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Shit...' I muttered. I knew I would forget something.

1/2/2011 #330
« Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member