The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: ...Sometimes... Which reminds me - I'm getting an article about me written for a ringing magazine when I get home for Christmas. XD)

~Yvanna~

I repeated what I'd said to the other saleswoman, and she smiled.

'I think I know what would look great on you,' she said, looking Orien up and down, and then leading us around the shop.

12/1/2010 #31
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Wow, nice! You'll be in print!)

Orien-

I followed the woman, watching as she selected a cocktail dress here, a gown there. She hadn't even asked me my size - I supposed she'd eyeballed it. "Why don't you try these on to start with," said the saleswoman, opening up a large dressing-room, "and if you don't decide on anything we can go from there."

I just nodded and entered the dressing room, closing the door behind me. There were four dresses, and coincidentally, one of them was dark green. It was a long satin dress - but sleeveless. Still, I kept looking at it. "Oh, fine," I muttered, and reached for the dress.

"Ready, Yvanna?" I asked. "Get the camera ready."

12/1/2010 #32
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Apparently, I'll have to do a short interview with the guy who's writing it, and then pose for photos... *headdesk*)

~Yvanna~

I looked in my bag, then realised that I hadn't brought a camera with me. Oh well...

The dressing room door opened, and Orien stepped out wearing the long, green dress the saleswoman had picked out. I grinned and nodded, and the saleswoman nodded too.

'It looks great on you!' I enthused. It really did look good - just the right colour and shape for her. 'Have a look in the mirror!'

12/1/2010 #33
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Pose with a handbell!)

Orien-

I looked in the mirror. I stared. That wasn't my body.

"It..." I tried to think of something to say. "It doesn't have any sleeves," I said finally, then wanted to bash my head against the mirror for sounding like an idiot.

The saleswoman smiled. "There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of skin."

"It's quite long," I said, looking down.

"Elegant," the saleswoman remarked.

I looked at Yvanna. "What do you think?"

12/1/2010 #34
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I probably will! And maybe with a tower bell too. :P)

~Yvanna~

'I love it, actually,' I said. 'It's just the sort of thing I was imagining. Do you like it?'

12/1/2010 #35
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Ah, the glamorous world of ringers... ^_^)

Orien-

"I... I do," I admitted. I'd never actually claimed to like a dress before, and certainly not an evening dress. "I didn't think it'd be the first one I tried on," I said, glancing back at the mirror.

"What's the occasion?" asked the saleswoman, but she wasn't nosy or rude like the other woman.

12/1/2010 . Edited 12/1/2010 #36
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Indeed... I could send you some of the pics if you want. :P)

~Yvanna~

'She's going to listen to the Somersby orchestra,' I explained, grinning at Orien. 'With a guy.'

12/1/2010 #37
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Nice! ^_^)

Orien-

"Lucky you," said the saleswoman as I blushed.

"Honestly, Yvanna, you make me sound like some teenager," I muttered. I looked back at my reflection. I actually really wanted the dress. I didn't own anything this nice. However, I was a bit afraid to ask the price...

Wait, was I a coward? Was I just thinking up excuses to draw this out? Besides, if I got the dress now I could spend more time looking for a man for Yvanna! That clinched it.

"I'll take it," I said. "Can we pick up the package tomorrow on our way out of town?"

"Of course," said the saleswoman. "I'll just ring you up while you change."

As I ducked back into the dressing room, I said cheekily to Yvanna, "I thought I saw a bookstore across the way..."

12/1/2010 #38
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'You...' I rolled my eyes and sighed. 'Honestly, Orien, you're not going to leave this, are you?'

12/1/2010 #39
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"No," I said as I pulled on my usual black sweater and skirt. "There really is no reason that you shouldn't be able to find a decent guy. Not that I've met Emerson, I want my friend to join in the dating fun. Because that's how generous I am."

12/1/2010 #40
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Well, I won't complain if you find me someone I actually like,' I admitted. 'But you know how picky I am.'

12/1/2010 #41
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Which is why you're still single," I said, coming out of the dressing room.

We walked to the counter, where the saleswoman took the dress and folded it in tissue paper, before placing it in a large box. "It'll be ready for you to pick up, Miss...?"

"Tindall," I said.

The woman paused. "Any relation to Oliver Tindall?" she asked. Under her makeup, there was a delicate flush on her cheeks.

"No. No relation," I said emphatically. The woman nodded, and I paid for my dress while managing not to react to the price, and then quickly left the store.

12/1/2010 #42
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I laughed as soon as we were out of the shop.

'I think she's met your brother and has a bit of a thing for him,' I said, giving Orien an exaggerated wink.

12/1/2010 #43
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"A lot of women have met my brother," I said in disgust. "It's bloody annoying being related to him."

I picked my way around a slusy puddle.

"You know, after all of that shopping I think we could look at some nice books," I said loudly, heaing towards the store I'd seen earlier. "Don't you agree, Yvanna?"

12/1/2010 #44
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'If we really must,' I said, without sounding too annoyed. I followed Orien into the bookshop, which only had a few customers inside, and immediately started looking at the books on the shelves - instead of eyeing up any men.

12/1/2010 #45
Sanaryelle

Orien-

Yvanna went over to the books while I started looking at the other customers. There were some ladies, and an older man with a monocle, but no young men that I could see...

"Can I help you with anything?"

I turned around to see quite a nice-looking fellow. "Maybe," I said, grinning, and then I spotted the ring on his finger. "Or maybe not," I said. I moved over to Yvanna.

"No luck here," I whispered as the man moved away, looking confused. "Should we try the next one?"

12/1/2010 #46
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I looked up from reading the back of a book. 'I haven't finished here yet,' I said indignantly. 'I've only looked at two books so far.'

12/1/2010 #47
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yvanna, we're not here to look at books," I scoffed. The monocled gentlemen was looking at us curiously. I grinned at him, and he turned away. "Now come on, we're wasting precious time."

12/1/2010 #48
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I looked back down at the book in my hand. 'Orien, we're in a bookshop,' I said. 'Of course we're here to look at books.'

12/1/2010 #49
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"No we're not, we're here to look at men," I said. The monocled gentleman stared at us, and I grinned at him again. "Yvanna, you're an English teacher. You look at books all the time."

12/1/2010 #50
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I like books,' I said, giving Orien an innocent look.

12/1/2010 #51
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"That explains a lot," I muttered. "Like while you're still single. Now come on." I grabbed her wrist and tugged her away.

12/1/2010 #52
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Fine, fine...' I muttered, just managing to put the book I was holding back on a shelf before Orien dragged me out the door. 'Where next?' I sighed, knowing that there was no way I'd be allowed to get out of this.

12/1/2010 #53
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"The next bookstore," I said triumphantly, leading the way down the road. There was no way I wouldn't be able to find Yvanna someone within the next few minutes.

Two and a half hours later, Yvanna and I were both in a foul mood - Yvanna because I kept dragging her away from her books, and me because I hadn't found a single suitable man for Yvanna in all this time.

"Almost time for lunch," I said, grabbing Yvanna's wrist and glancing at her watch. "I suppose we have to buy those chocolates for Cariel too..."

12/1/2010 #54
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Yes, we do,' I grumbled. Now that we had other things to do - like find lunch, buy chocolates, and visit this Cariel person - maybe Orien would forget about 'man-shopping' for me. I could only hope, anyway...

I spotted a cafe, and headed towards it. 'This looks as good a place as any,' I said.

12/1/2010 #55
Sanaryelle

Orien-

We sat down at a table and opened our menus. After ordering drinks, I rested my chin on my hand. "I don't know why this has been so hard," I said, shaking my head. "I thought we'd have luck at the last one, with that visiting hockey team, but you said you didn't like broken noses."

12/1/2010 . Edited 12/1/2010 #56
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I've already told you,' I replied. 'There aren't many decent, single men around, and I'm very picky!'

12/1/2010 #57
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"I guess you're right," I said, and turned my head. "Where's our food?"

I paused. I sat up.

"Yvanna," I said in a low voice. "That man sitting in the corner is staring at you."

12/1/2010 . Edited 12/1/2010 #58
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I turned to see what man Orien was talking about. A brown-haired guy was sitting at a table in the corner, but he was busy eating a bowl of soup, not staring at me.

'He's not looking at me, you silly person,' I said, looking back at the menu. 'And our food isn't being prepared yet, because we haven't actually ordered anything.'

12/1/2010 #59
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Oh, right," I said glancing at the menu. "He was staring at you, though," I said with a frown. "It's just when he saw that I'd noticed him he stopped doing it - he's doing it again!" I hissed.

12/1/2010 . Edited 12/1/2010 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member