The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'She truly was a... larger-than-life figure,' I added.

4/1/2011 #1,801
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I snorted. "You got that right."

4/1/2011 #1,802
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I laughed, then turned down the street that led to our inn. 'And we need to book rooms here too,' I said. 'Seeing as we didn't before we had lunch.'

4/1/2011 #1,803
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"What about Emerson?" I said. "Should we get a room for him, too?"

4/1/2011 #1,804
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'You could do,' I said, grinning. 'Or he could share with you.'

4/1/2011 #1,805
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yvanna!" I exclaimed. "We haven't even been dating all that long!"

4/1/2011 #1,806
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I was joking,' I said, rolling my eyes. 'Yes, you should probably book a room for him too.'

4/1/2011 #1,807
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I nodded, and wondered why my first and only objection to Yvanna's suggestion was that Emerson and I hadn't dated long enough.

4/1/2011 #1,808
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

We walked up to the front desk, and waited for the previous customer to finish. I looked around the room, trying to see where there was a television.

4/1/2011 #1,809
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Hi," I said with a smile. "Three single rooms, please."

The innkeeper flipped through the register. "We're quite full up. Would you settle for a single and a double?"

I blinked. "Oh - um - okay." As the innkeeper nodded and scribbled down the details, I turned to Yvanna. "We'll be in the double," I said with a stern look.

4/1/2011 #1,810
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Oh, I guessed that,' I said, giving her an innocent look.

4/1/2011 #1,811
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I rolled my eyes, and followed the innkeeper up to the rooms. I kept the key for the single in my pocket to give to Emerson. After looking around our rooms, Yvanna and I made our way to a sort of lounge. It had a bar, and - more importantly - a television set.

4/1/2011 #1,812
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I grinned at Orien, and we both sat down on a squashy couch in front to the television. 'Right,' I said. 'Let's see what's on the news today.'

4/1/2011 #1,813
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Oi - can we get the news please?" I asked the bartender, who obediently changed the channel. There was some report about a lost dog who found its way home, then something about politics, and then...

"Wow," I said, staring at the images of crowds of chanting students with signs.

4/1/2011 #1,814
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I stared at the screen, feeling a wide grin spread over my face. 'We look awesome,' I said.

4/1/2011 #1,815
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"We do," I said smugly. "Oh - see those fireworks? The girls did quite a good job. No fires."

4/1/2011 #1,816
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I know,' I said, nodding. 'I was very impressed. And slightly surprised.'

4/1/2011 #1,817
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Maybe I should do more lessons outside," I mused. "Perhaps the classroom makes them nervous - oh, there's Mrs Riley showing her samples!"

4/1/2011 #1,818
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'They look so revolting, don't they,' I said, making a face.

The bartender looked over at the television. 'It's disgraceful that they let people eat that muck,' he said.

4/1/2011 #1,819
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Especially kids," added one of the other patrons.

I grinned at Yvanna; this was going so well!

4/1/2011 #1,820
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Ooh - look,' I said, as a booming voice sounded in the middle of the chanting. 'Here comes the dragon!'

4/1/2011 #1,821
Sanaryelle

Orien-

The other people in the lounge all made noises of interest, watching the shaky camera footage of the dragon shouting at everyone.

4/1/2011 #1,822
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I grinned and let out a laugh at the dragon's expression, and her feeble attempts to shut us all up and defend herself. Then the camera switched to me and Orien, as we started talking. I looked at Orien, and she looked at me, and we gave each other a highfive.

'Wait -' said the bartender, looking at us. 'Is that you two?'

I nodded, still grinning, and the bartender beamed at us. 'You two rock.'

4/1/2011 #1,823
Sanaryelle

Orien-

All of a sudden, everyone in the lounge was offering to buy us drinks. I looked at Yvanna, and raised my eyebrows. "Oh, one or two wouldn't hurt, would they?" I whispered. "Besides - they're free!"

4/1/2011 #1,824
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I can't believe you're even questioning it,' I said, grinning. 'I guess we really are like celebrities.'

4/1/2011 #1,825
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Yes, thank you, yes," I said, grinning at everyone who was offering to buy us drinks. "What we want? Oh - you pick. Go on, then. Thanks." I looked at the tall glass of ale in my hand, and the martini in Yvanna's. "Cheers," I said, raising my glass.

4/1/2011 #1,826
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Here's to getting good food for our students,' I added, raising my glass too. I gave everyone around us a wide grin, and then had some of my drink.

4/1/2011 #1,827
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"It's very important," I agreed, and continued to guzzle my ale.

4/1/2011 #1,828
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'And,' I added, 'here's to not going back to the school and facing the dragon's wrath.'

4/1/2011 #1,829
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Here, here," I said, and before I knew it, I'd finished my ale. "Oh - thanks," I said to the next person who handed me a drink. "I love margaritas!"

4/1/2011 #1,830
« Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member