The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

Continued from The Shoppe: http://forum.fanfiction.net/topic/66557/19367435/1/

11/5/2010 #1
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I stood before a group of Clayr, the 'high-ups' as they were often known as.

"Iselli," said the Chief Librarian Gaile. "Have you recovered sufficiently from Sabarra's death?"

I almost glared at the woman. "Yes," I said shortly, remembering the girl who had been shot at the Wall. "I am fine. I would like to return to my regular duties."

"Good," said an elderly Clayr, "because we have Seen you assisting the Abhorsen... or maybe the ex-Abhorsen... You have met her before."

"Cariel," I remembered. We hadn't really gotten to know each other on Docky Point, because we'd all been preoccupied with banishing the Free Magic entity, but yes - I had met her.

"Are you suffiently skilled with a Paperwing?" asked another Clayr.

I smiled. "Yes. Ally has been teaching me."

"Excellent," said Gaile. "Now, here is what you must do..."

Iselli appears again on Roble's Town, page 25, post 1235.

11/17/2010 #2
Sanaryelle

New scene:

Iselli-

I walked down the halls of the Glacier, looking for a familiar someone. She wouldn't be on guard duty at the moment...

"Vynn!" I called. The Ranger turned to me, and nodded. "I wanted to ask you something," I said when I caught up. "The Watch has seen that the Abhorsen will be in trouble, and they want to sent two Clayr in Paperwings to help her."

"What has the Abhorsen done now?" Vynn asked tiredly.

I shrugged. "Oh, you know - she and Tindall crashed - er, will crash their Paperwing into a mountain, quite high up. We need to go rescue them."

Vynn just blinked at me. "And you want me to come with you because...?"

"I volunteered to go," I explained, "and the high-ups want me to bring a Ranger along, due to the harsh conditions." Vynn sighed and scuffed her toe on the ground. "Oh come on," I said. "It's better than guard duty."

Vynn sighed, then nodded. "All right. But you owe me for this..."

Vynn and Iselli turn up on Uppside, page 13, post 640.

12/13/2010 . Edited 12/13/2010 #3
Fishy Biscuits

~Time jump!~

6/8/2011 #4
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I sat at my desk, tapping my quill against the table. The Watch had given me very strict instructions about just how much I could tell the Abhorsen, and how much information I ought to hold back. In case the King's people intercepted the message - and the King had been acting more and more wary of the Clayr with each passing day - I couldn't give too many details on what we had Seen. I started to write:

Abhorsen,

The Clayr have Seen something that deserves your immediate attention. You may rest easy that no lives are in danger, but we do require your presence at the Glacier as soon as possible. Please return to the Old Kingdom with all due haste.

Iselli of the Clayr

I sanded the letter, folded it up, sealed it, and then started towards the tower where the message hawks were kept. I only hoped that someone at the Perimeter knew where the Abhorsen was, and could get the message to her.

6/24/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I stood near the Paperwing hangar, watching the skies. The Abhorsen was late.

6/30/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

Continued from "Abhorsen's House 2", page 67.

~Idriel~

I whistled down the wind and landed on what I assumed was a landing area. It was a flat terrace, that was big enough for a Paperwing to land on, so I assumed that it was the right place.

6/30/2011 . Edited by Sanaryelle, 7/1/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I watched the Abhorsen sit up and take off her blue-tinted googles, then came out into the open. "Glad you could make it, Abhorsen," I said.

6/30/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I smiled, and looked around. The Clayr really did live in a mountain... I'd been expecting some sort of building carved into, or made out of, the rock - but it just looked like a normal mountain.

'I came here as quickly as I could,' I replied, heading over to Iselli.

6/30/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"Good," I said abruptly. "Everyone's waiting." I turned and led Idriel down the steps.

6/30/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I blinked, and then followed Iselli. I was still staring around me, and I almost tripped on a couple of occasions.

6/30/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"I apologize for not writing more in my letter," I said as I led Idriel down a wood-panelled hall. "We're trying to keep everything secret - at least for now."

6/30/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Uh - why?' I asked, having to speed up after I'd stared down another corridor for a while. 'What's this about?'

6/30/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"The King," I said flatly. "Not all of the Clayr know about it. All forty-nine of the Watch who Saw it were sworn to secrecy, and only the high-ups and a few others have heard the details of the vision. I convinced them that the Abhorsen ought to be brought in on it too. It concerns another Bloodline, after all."

6/30/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Right,' I said. I wanted to ask more questions, but I assumed that they would have to wait until we were somewhere more private.

6/30/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I turned a corner, and we almost ran smack into Linette. Who was holding a baby.

6/30/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Linette~

'Hello, Abhorsen!' I said brightly, giving her and Iselli a cheerful grin. The Abhorsen didn't even glance at me.

6/30/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I gave Linette a short nod, and then tried to step around her. The baby - Anora - gave a shriek and tried to grab Idriel's surcoat as she passed.

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I snatched my surcoat out of the baby's grasp, and shot Linette a glare before following Iselli again.

6/30/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I ignored Linette's confused expression, and led Idriel along the hallway. After a few turns, I muttered, "Sorry about that."

6/30/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'S'all right,' I said, shrugging. 'I didn't actually have to talk to her.'

6/30/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I gave a short nod. "Right. Well - we're almost there." A few more turns, and then a very long set of spiralling stairs. Two Rangers were posted at a set of double doors, and checked our Charter Marks before letting us through.

I walked into the dimly-lit room, and bowed to the row of seated Clayr. "The Abhorsen."

6/30/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I looked at the Clayr; these were the high-ups, I guessed. I found that I was almost glaring at them, and forced myself to keep a neutral expression.

6/30/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

The Chief Librarian, Gaile, nodded and smiled at the Abhorsen - but the others just gave frosty smiles or didn't even react at all.

Meriel, one of the senior Clayr, cleared her throat. "You're late."

I winced; this wasn't starting out well.

6/30/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I wasn't aware that I could be late, when my instructions didn't contain a specific time,' I said shortly.

6/30/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

I stifled a smile.

Meriel narrowed her eyes. "I am starting to reconsider our decision to include you in the knowledge of this vision."

"It's all right, Meriel," said Gaile soothingly. "She has a right to know. She is the Abhorsen."

Meriel looked at our guest with an expression that implied that she didn't think much of this particular Abhorsen. True, Idriel had been rather... infamous, before earning her title. But since then she had more than made up for it.

6/30/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I rolled my eyes, but didn't say anything. I already disliked this Meriel person specifically.

6/30/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"Very well," Meriel grunted. "Tell her, Iselli."

I inclined my head, and turned to the Abhorsen. "The Clayr have Seen that the King might be - should be - will be, replaced."

6/30/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Replaced?' I repeated, blinking. This definitely was intriguing. 'Repleaced by who? And - how?'

6/30/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"The 'who' is easy," I said. "We know of two possible candidates - grandchildren of the late Prince Sameth, Wallmaker. But one candidate was Seen being crowned Queen. Our records show that her name is Elandri. She is a Wallmaker, and she is presently living in Yanyl. As for the how..." I glanced at Meriel.

"We have yet to determine that," another Clayr spoke up. "We believe that once this Elandri is informed of her destiny, the Clayr will See how that will come about."

"It will almost certainly be a coup," Gaile offered. "Performed by the Clayr - and by the Abhorsen as well, we hope."

6/30/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member