The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Shiner Shining Bright

Just to keep track~

We're on page 43. XD

11/6/2010 #1
Ruby-Red Revenge

Page 38. :D

11/7/2010 #2
Sanaryelle

Top of Page 25!

11/7/2010 #3
Fishy Biscuits

Ooh, we've moved up fast!

11/7/2010 #4
Sanaryelle

Go us!

11/7/2010 #5
Fishy Biscuits

It's our exxtensive (8 1/2 hours so far!) RPing, isn't it? XD

11/7/2010 #6
Sanaryelle

Oh definitely.

11/7/2010 #7
Fishy Biscuits

And all this time, we should be writing fics that we can actually post on this site...

11/7/2010 #8
Sanaryelle

You know what? My thoughts exactly. There were a handful that I was working on, but now it's been kinda half-hearted. I think this RP is taking away all of my creative juices.

11/7/2010 #9
Fishy Biscuits

And I've lost the flow of my on-the-go one at the moment. I had writer's block with it for several weeks, but then the RP started taking over... Maybe we should take Tahl's suggestion and just turn the RP into a fic? XD

11/7/2010 #10
Sanaryelle

^_^ Well, I don't know how that would be possible! I guess we could direct people asking us for updates to read the RP instead... It'll be like a serialized co-written fic!

11/7/2010 #11
Fishy Biscuits

Lol have you had people asking you for updates then?

11/7/2010 #12
Sanaryelle

Not updates, because nothing's in progress. Just a few PM's asking when I'm going to post my next story.

11/7/2010 #13
Fishy Biscuits

*sulks* I haven't.

11/7/2010 #14
Sanaryelle

*pats* But you're in mid-story already, aren't you? I'm trying to decide on a new one.

11/7/2010 #15
Fishy Biscuits

Yeah. It's annoying, I've got a couple of the later chapters written, but I haven't been able to write the next chapter to be posted for ages. It's been about 4 months or so since my last update! XD

11/7/2010 #16
Sanaryelle

Ah, that sounds like my FGC updates! I think the longest wait was about 5 months for one of those chapters. Usually when I had a free night I just sat down and forced it out, then edited the hell out of it. But it's that initial sitting down and forcing it out that completely sucks. Huh. Sounds like constipation...

11/7/2010 #17
Fishy Biscuits

XD Is that now the new term for writer's block?

I've tried to force mine out, but it's so unbelievably crap, I just stop after a while cos it's not even worth editing it. *headdesk*

11/7/2010 #18
Sanaryelle

What are you having trouble with?

Sometimes I have trouble because I have it so firmly in my mind what I think I should write. So I try to think of something exciting, or something I like to write about, to put in that chapter, even though that may deviate from the original plan.

11/7/2010 #19
Fishy Biscuits

*re-reads fic*

It's meant to be a kind-of fight scene between the Shiners and a few Hish - nothing too mega, but it's just not wanting to be written.

11/7/2010 #20
Sanaryelle

Ooh, fight scenes are tough. I find they're easier to write if there's a whole psychological thing going on between combatants, so you look at what they're thinking and the looks and words exchanged more than the actual fighting. OR you could skip the fight scene entirely, and have them talking in the aftermath! Unless you've been building up the fight scene, in which case that would be kind of cruel. ^_^

11/7/2010 #21
Fishy Biscuits

Well, the last chapter I posted kinda left things on a bit of a cliffie - even though it's obvious who's going to win the fight - so I feel like I've got to write the actual fighty bit. I guess a Free Magic creature fight is harder to do than one involving humans too... Dammit!

11/7/2010 #22
Sanaryelle

So true. Especially because we don't know how to kill a Hish. ^_^

11/7/2010 #23
Fishy Biscuits

Well, I was going to get round that by just having the Shiners use a load of Free Magic spells, instead of coming up with a way to bind it. ^_^

11/7/2010 #24
Sanaryelle

Sweet! And they're the Shiners, so their badassery and pure awesomeness should be enough to liquidate any Free Magic scum.

11/7/2010 #25
Fishy Biscuits

Exactly. But it doesn't want to be written! Stupid fic...

11/7/2010 #26
Sanaryelle

You should try to tackle writing it drunk!

11/7/2010 #27
Fishy Biscuits

Yeah, cos I can hold a pen/type legibly when I'm drunk. You've seen some of my drunken posts on here! :P

11/7/2010 #28
Sanaryelle

But alcohol removes inhibitions. Maybe it removes writer's block too. That's be some fun.

(fade in)

Fish (reading story aloud, the morning after): "And then the Shiners drove a flaming bus over the Hish and smashed them against the windshield before flattening them against a Giant Redwood, and then they jumped out of the bus and detonated the nuclear bomb which destroyed the entire redwood forest and the surrounding pasture, not to mention the Hish flattened against the flaming bus because it was liek so awesome..." wtf???

(fade out)

11/7/2010 . Edited 11/7/2010 #29
Fishy Biscuits

XD I doubt I'll be able to translate it!

11/7/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member