The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
ThisMortalCoil

Here's a thread for questions about the RP or the forum.

11/18/2010 #1
ThisMortalCoil

What would happen to Ancelstierr if the wall was destroyed?

11/18/2010 #2
Sanaryelle

Presumably, the Free Magic and Dead things that populate the Old Kingdom wouldn't be prevented from crossing anymore, and would flood into Ancelstierre. I don't know how far south they'd be able to go, but the Hrule in Across the Wall managed to kill a bunch of people 200 miles south of the Wall, where the Charter can't be accessed. However, the further away they get from the Old Kingdom, the weaker they will be - though still dangerous, as the Hrule proved. Free Magic creatures in the Old Kingdom might also cause things (technology) not to work around them, due to a sort of 'Free Magic interference'.

11/19/2010 . Edited 11/19/2010 #3
ThisMortalCoil

If you resurrected a person that was missing some limbs, you they be able to put the limbs back on?

12/7/2010 #4
Fishy Biscuits

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. However, assuming that the necromancer who is doing the resurrecting is a Free Magic sorcerer (which they'd have to be), they could just make a Free Magic construct (a bit like a glamour) that covers up the missing limbs.

12/7/2010 #5
ThisMortalCoil

What if the limbs are nearby?

12/7/2010 #6
Fishy Biscuits

I don't know. Are the limbs still 'alive' or has the flesh died?

12/7/2010 #7
ThisMortalCoil

I'm not sure.

12/7/2010 #8
Fishy Biscuits

Well, if they've been chopped off recently (like, a few hours, say) then maybe a healing spell (if there is a Free Magic one) would work. Otherwise, if it's been a while and the limbs have died, I think a construct would be needed.

12/7/2010 #9
ThisMortalCoil

Okay. Thanks!

12/7/2010 #10
Fishy Biscuits

No prob! ^_^

Oh, btw, if Sana gets her butt online, can you tell her I'll be back on at around 10:30pm (her time)? :P

12/7/2010 #11
ThisMortalCoil

I'm not going to be on much longer, but sure.

12/7/2010 #12
Sanaryelle

I'm pretty sure you would need a construct if you wanted to give them a stable bodily appearance. The person's spirit could be brought back (and as Rayna is a necromancer and wasn't actually banished past the ninth gate - only into death - she definitely can be) and placed within a makeshift body. Chlorr was killed but came back as a dark shadowy thing, didn't she? And Rogir/Kerrigor's spirit had some sort of amorphous form even though his body was in a sarcophagus in Ancelstierre.

I suppose for Rayna to truly be defeated, her bodily remains need to receive the final rites, and her spirit must be banished beyond the ninth gate. Someone can put her remains in a safe place, or her remains can be given the final rites and therefore only her spirit will remain.

12/7/2010 . Edited 12/7/2010 #13
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member