The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
ThisMortalCoil

A town located by the Bay of Mountains.

11/22/2010 #1
ThisMortalCoil

Rayna-

I sipped on some beer as I watched the crowd in the inn from my position at the corner table. From what I'd learned so far, my "partner" was living at the edge of town.

11/22/2010 . Edited 11/22/2010 #2
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The landing was rather bumpy, and when we got out of the Paperwing I saw why: the field was full of hillocks and rabbit-holes. From what I saw it was deserted, but there were a few farms in the area, and a short walk away was the city itself.

"Should we - I don't know - cover it up or something?" I said, looking at the Paperwing.

12/4/2010 #3
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'That would be quite a good idea,' I agreed. 'But I don't have anything to cover something that big. Do you?'

12/4/2010 #4
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Well..." I sank into the Charter, and somehow managed to stretch and fold a bit of the grassy earth protectively over the Paperwing. "There," I panted, feeling like I'd just gone on a run. "We did that often in the scouts, when on patrol. Though we usually cast the spell in concert. I can see why."

12/4/2010 #5
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'It was a good idea, though,' I said, nodding approvingly and wondering why I hadn't thought of it myself. 'Do you think we should start asking about this necromancer now, or wait until the morning?'

12/4/2010 #6
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Asking at inns was a good idea," I said, straightening up after catching my breath. "Why don't we check into the nearest inn, ask there, and find out where all the other inns are. Then we can start searching tomorrow."

12/4/2010 #7
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Maybe they'll have a map of the place or something,' I said, putting my arm around Oliver again and starting to walk towards the mass of houses, inns and shops that was Ganel.

12/4/2010 #8
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"That would be helpful," I said. I looked at the city as we got closer. "It's... quite a large place, isn't it?" I remarked, trying not to sound daunted.

12/4/2010 #9
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'It is,' I agreed. 'I think a map will be essential, unless we want to get lost.'

12/4/2010 #10
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I was never good with directions," I said with a smile. "Nate was always -" I stopped.

12/4/2010 #11
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I saw his expression, and I stopped walking so I could pull him into a hug.

'We'll be avenging him soon,' I whispered.

12/4/2010 #12
ThisMortalCoil

Rayna-

I slid my dagger back into my cloak after I had whipped off the blood. I then slipped into an inn.

12/4/2010 #13
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I tightened my grip. "I know." I finally pulled away and forced a smile. "Let's find an inn."

12/4/2010 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded, and the two of us made our way towards the city walls. The sun was almost set now, and the sky behind the city was a beautiful combination of reds, purples, and oranges, and the sea was still and flat. It almost felt like we were on holiday, rather than tracking down a necromancer.

12/4/2010 #15
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

At the city walls was a short line of people, and Idriel and I joined the back. A man and a woman were stationed at the gate, and I noticed that they had Charter marks, and were armed. They were asking people their business, and either letting them in or turning them away, though the latter didn't happen very often. We neared the front of the line, and I decided to let Idriel do the talking.

12/4/2010 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

The armed people started slightly when they saw us - or me, probably.

'Abhorsen!' the man said, nodding his head slightly. 'Come right in, Milday.'

I blinked, surprised that he hadn't asked us what we were doing, and then walked forwards. I looked back at Oliver - and saw that the two people had stopped him. Evidently they only let one person through at a time.

12/4/2010 #17
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"What's your business?" the man asked suspiciously.

"Er - I'm with the Abhorsen," I said, then almost hit myself for making that statement sound so forced.

The woman reached up and I almost stopped her, but the man made a threatening noise. I relaxed when I realized that the woman was only checking my Charter mark. She nodded at the man, who looked over his shoulder at Idriel. "He telling the truth? We can get rid of him, if you like."

12/4/2010 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'He's with me,' I confirmed.

The two people nodded, and let Oliver through into the city. He walked to me, and I grinned at him.

'Get used to people checking your Charter mark,' I said in an undertone. 'It happens a lot here.'

12/4/2010 #19
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded, realizing I'd have to stick close to Idriel if I didn't want to inadvertently offend someone.

Because it was nearly sunset people were starting to head indoors and shops were being closed, but there were a fair number of individuals on the streets. I nudged Idriel and pointed at a large building, which had a swinging wooden sign out front. It read, "The Tipsy Minstrel", and showed a man in motley drinking out of a cup.

12/4/2010 . Edited 12/4/2010 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'Looks like as good a starting place as any.'

As we walked closer to the inn, I suddenly had a thought. 'If they're checking everyone's Charter marks before they come into the city, how did the necromancer get in?' I asked.

12/4/2010 #21
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I shrugged. "Any number of ways. She could've tricked them, or gone over the city walls, or maybe they don't check everyone's Charter mark. But you did say the Clayr Saw her here, so I suppose somehow she got in."

We were about to enter the inn, when three people staggered out, singing loudly. Idriel and I just barely managed to step out of their way. They continued on down the street, still singing. "Looks like a lively place," I noted, and we went inside.

12/4/2010 #22
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: The amount of times I've come out of a pub like that...)

~Idriel~

'It does,' I agreed, opening the inn door. As soon as we were inside, a wave of warmth washed over us. A cheerful fire was roaring in a fireplace on one wall, and the common room was pretty full of people having animated conversations. A small group were playing some sort of card game in one corner, and from another room - probably the dining room - I could smell hot food. Oliver and I walked up to the desk, and I cleared my throat to get the man's attention.

12/4/2010 #23
ThisMortalCoil

Rayna-

I sipped on my beer at one of the tables alone.

12/4/2010 #24
Sanaryelle

(OOC: You and me both, pal.)

Oliver-

The man turned around and jumped when he saw Idriel. "Abhorsen!"

"We'd like a room," I said, trying to draw his attention so he'd stop gawking at Idriel like an idiot. "And dinner, first."

The man nodded, gulped, tried to say something, then looked down at the thick book on his desk. "Our best rooms are taken," he said, flipping through the pages, "but I could move some of the guests - wouldn't be any trouble -"

12/4/2010 #25
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'No, no, don't worry,' I said quickly. 'Any room will do, really.'

12/4/2010 #26
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Well, room twelve then," said the man, regretfully making a note and handing Idriel the key. "Follow me into the dining room."

He led the way into the rather noisy bar area.

12/4/2010 #27
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

Like at the last inn, some of the customers turned to stare at us as the man led us through to the dining room. Fortunately, it was the good type of stare, rather than the sort we'd got this morning.

12/4/2010 #28
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

We made our way around the tables, and finally ended up in the dining area. The innkeeper showed us to a table in the corner, and frantically waved over one of the girls who was taking somebody else's order. "Help the Abhorsen and her friend here," he said to the girl, who rushed off to find menus. The innkeeper actually pulled out Idriel's chair for her, and I stifled a laugh.

12/4/2010 #29
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sat down and smiled at the innkeeper. 'Thank you.'

'No problem at all,' he said, slightly flustered. 'Enjoy your meals, both of you.'

He left the room, and I raised my eyebrows at Oliver. 'I could get used to this,' I commeted, grinning.

12/4/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member