The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I'm not really that hungry any more,' I said softly. The adrenaline was starting to wear off and I was feeling a little tired. That, and the sight of the necromancer's dismembered body had made me lose my appetite. 'What about you?'

12/4/2010 #151
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I shook my head.

The innkeeper, who had been clearly watching and listening, said, "Of course! You want to rest - I'll have your bags taken up to your room." And before we could say anything he'd snapped his fingers and scolded two of his staff into moving our packs.

"Room twelve is on the second floor - turn right at the top of the stairs," said the innkeeper soliciously. "Is there anything we can send up? Tea? Biscuits? Water? Extra blankets?"

I looked at Idriel and shook my head again.

12/4/2010 . Edited 12/4/2010 #152
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'No, that'll be fine. Thank you,' I said, standing up and flexing my shoulder experiementally. It still felt a bit sore, but it was generally okay now. I offered my hand to Oliver and helped him to his feet - he still seemed a bit shaken - and then we started heading towards the stairs.

(OOC: And I'm going to get to bed now. Cos it's nearly 5am and I'm practically falling alseep. Laters! :P)

12/4/2010 #153
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Good night!)

Oliver-

We went up the stairs in silence. As soon as Idriel unlocked the door I went inside. Then I found the basin, and threw up in it.

12/4/2010 #154
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I was surprised as Oliver practically pushed past me and ran into the room. I followed quickly, and my eyes widened as I found him vomiting into the basin.

'Oliver?' I asked, resting a hand on his shoulder and trying not to sound too worried. Was this soome sort of side-effect of his wound? 'Oliver, what is it? Are you all right?'

12/5/2010 . Edited 12/5/2010 #155
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I waved my hand to reassure her, and scooped water out of the pitcher to rinse out my mouth. Once I'd gotten rid of the taste of bile, I splashed water on my face, and took a drink. Then I put the basin outside of the door for the maids to deal with. Finally, when that was done, I turned to Idriel. "I'm fine," I said. "It's nothing... stupid really..."

12/5/2010 . Edited 12/5/2010 #156
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Woo! Just got back from the Yule Ball! ^_^)

~Idriel~

'You sure?' I asked. 'Was it... was it because of your wound?'

12/5/2010 #157
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Did you have a torrid romance with a Beauxbatons boy?)

Oliver-

"Does Free Magic make you feel this sick too?" I asked, not looking at her and feeling like a weakling.

12/5/2010 #158
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: No, but one of the guys did go out of his way to walk me home...)

~Idriel~

'Well...' I replied slowly. 'It does make me feel a little nauseous when I smell it. I've never had a wound like yours, though.'

12/5/2010 #159
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Ooh la la!)

Oliver-

I sat heavily on the bed and put my head in my hands. Maybe it wasn't just me, then. I decided to change the subject. "So... she's dead now?"

12/5/2010 #160
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: ^_^)

~Idriel~

'Yes,' I replied softly, moving to sit beside him. I gently put my hand on top of his. 'I think so, at least. I made her go into Death, so...'

12/5/2010 #161
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Gonna make the crush jealous?)

Oliver-

"Why didn't she react when I threw my sword at her?" I said, staring at the floor. I'd seen some strange things on patrol and on the Perimeter, but the sight of that woman with my sword sticking out of her back had made my skin crawl.

12/5/2010 #162
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: No, I don't think anything's going to happen between me and this guy. I didn't really fancy him, but it was nice to have someone there to stop me slipping over again!)

~Idriel~

'Because she was already Dead,' I replied quietly. 'I... I don't know why I didn't sense it before. I wasn't expecting it, I guess. But she wasn't really alive, so stabbing her wouldn't have done anything except annoy her.'

12/5/2010 #163
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Ah, one of those. Yes, you don't want two swollen elbows. :P)

Oliver-

I shook my head, not really understanding. As a Scout we dealt with the Dead all the time, but we were used to them being either strange creatures, like the one that had caused the yellow smoke, or old comrades not staying buried. The necromancer had looked like a normal person - albeit a little pale, but I'd grown used to that since taking up with Cariel and Idriel.

"She was fast," I said, absent-mindedly running my fingers over my new scar.

12/5/2010 #164
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: No... That wouldn't be a good idea. :P)

~Idriel~

'She was,' I agreed, giving his hand a squeeze. Evidently, the fight with the necromancer had bothered him a lot, and not just because of his wound. 'I guess that was because of some Free Magic spell or something.'

12/5/2010 #165
Sanaryelle

(OOC: But then, they would match. ^_^)

Oliver-

I finally turned to Idriel. "I'm glad you're all right," I said. I brought my free hand up to gently brush her shoulder. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop the burning spell."

12/5/2010 #166
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: But I want to be able to use at least one of my arms! :P)

~Idriel~

'It's okay,' I said. 'To be honest, I hadn't expected you to go and take her on by yourself. That was really brave.'

12/5/2010 #167
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Ahhh, good point.)

Oliver-

"Or really stupid," I said wryly. I slid my hand up to her neck, and then her cheek, looking at her, assuring myself that she was all right. When the necromancer had let off that fiery spell and I'd heard her scream...

12/5/2010 #168
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Exunctly. :P)

~Idriel~

'I think you were brave,' I said softly. 'And so did the people watching. You saw the way they were looking at you afterwards.'

12/5/2010 #169
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Nishe shpelling!)

Oliver-

"Jealous?" I said with a small grin, lightly stroking her cheek with my thumb.

12/5/2010 #170
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Indeedy! :P)

~Idriel~

'Not at all,' I said, grinning back. 'You deserve it.'

12/5/2010 #171
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Indubitably!)

Oliver-

"I suppose it could be hard," I said with a mock-sigh, "being the Abhorsen's sidekick. But I don't mind."

12/5/2010 #172
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: And I didn't have too much wine!)

~Idriel~

I gave a quiet laugh. 'You're not my sidekick,' I said, rolling my eyes and giving him a playful shove.

12/5/2010 #173
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Wow! That really IS news!)

Oliver-

I made a face and shoved her back. "What am I, then?"

12/5/2010 #174
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I know! Blame/thank my dwindling finances!)

~Idriel~

'You're my...' I thought about it for a moment, wondering what would be the right word. 'My lover, I guess. Or partner. Something like that.'

12/5/2010 #175
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Hmm... Not an open bar, then?)

Oliver-

"I like the sound of that," I said, then pulled Idriel onto my lap. I took advantage of her momentary surprise to undo her swordbelt and drop it to the floor. "You won't be needing that," I said, placing a kiss on the back of her neck.

12/5/2010 #176
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: No. It was a pub in a cave!)

~Idriel~

'Oh won't I?' I asked, grinning. 'And what makes you think that?'

12/5/2010 #177
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Seriously? In a real cave?)

Oliver-

"You'll just have to trust me," I said, planting kisses on the side of her neck. I carefully tapped the bandolier. "Help a fellow, will you?"

12/5/2010 #178
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yep! It's awesome! Except for the complete lack of phone signal...)

~Idriel~

'If you insist,' I said, unbuckling the bandolier and laying gently on the floor beside my swordbelt.

12/5/2010 #179
Sanaryelle

(OOC: That would be annoying. But still! A cave!)

Oliver-

"Now this," I said, fingering the edge of her surcoat, "is getting quite annoying. I like you in blue, but still..."

12/5/2010 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member