The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

A town on the north-eastern shore of the Red Lake. Kinda like a quiet mountain retreat, in my mind.

12/3/2010 #1
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The Paperwing came to a relatively smooth landing in the middle of a field. I raised my head with some difficulty, and slowly looked around. "Idriel... is this wheat?"

12/3/2010 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I winced as I realised that we had squashed a fair portion of this farmer's crop.

'It looks like it,' I replied, climbing out of the Paperwing carefully, trying to avoid stepping on any more plants. I cast another Charter light and let it bob just above my head while I got my pack and sword out of the craft. 'The town is over there,' I said, pointing in the direction of the lights that we had seen from the air. 'Let's hope they've got a room left at an inn.'

12/3/2010 #3
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Right," I breathed, shrugging out of the straps, and tried to get up - but instead I managed to do a very ungracefall topple over the side of the Paperwing. "Ow," I mumbled.

12/3/2010 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I laughed softly, and helped him up. He'd snapped a few more wheat plants.

'Clumsy,' I teased, slapping him playfully on the arm.

12/3/2010 #5
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Tired," I said, aiming a slap at Idriel's arm but missing. She gave me a sympathetic look and pulled my arm over her shoulders, and in this fashion we made our way towards the end of the field. But before we reached it-

"Oi!" I squinted as someone came out of a building holding a lantern. "What're you doing in my wheat?"

12/3/2010 #6
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: They sooo should have been caught having a quick snog or something... :P)

~Idriel~

I winced, and Oliver and I turned to see a man - the farmer, I assumed - standing in the doorway of a house.

'Landing my Paperwing,' I replied apologetically, not really knowing how else to explain. 'We didn't realise this was a wheat field until it was too late to rise again. I'm sorry.'

12/3/2010 #7
Sanaryelle

(OOC: There'll be plenty of time for that later. :P)

Oliver-

"Paperwing?" the farmer repeated. "You with the Clayr?"

"She's the Abhorsen, actually," I said, trying not to sound utterly exhausted.

In the lanternlight the man frowned, shuffled his feet, then said, "Well... that's all right, then."

12/3/2010 #8
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Oh, I bet. :P)

~Idriel~

'Thank you,' I said, giving the man a grateful nod. 'We'll be leaving again tomorrow morning, and I can pay for the damage then.'

12/3/2010 #9
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The farmer bid us good night and shut his door, and we continued along a path towards the town. I leaned heavily against Idriel as she half-dragged me along, trying not to stumble on the uneven ground. "Sorry I'm such a useless lump right now," I muttered. "At the rate I'm going, it'll probably take us until next morning to reach the inn, and then we'll have to go back without having had any rest at all."

12/3/2010 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Don't worry, you're not that useless,' I said, grinning at him. 'Hopefully the inn isn't too far away, anyway.'

We reached the town, and I stopped a man I saw walking along the road. 'Excuse me, could you tell us where the nearest inn is?'

'Just up the street, round the corner, and on the left, Milady,' he replied, nodding his head at me.

I gave him a grateful smile. 'Thank you.'

12/3/2010 #11
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

Idriel pulled my arm tighter around her shoulders, and we continued walking up the street. My legs felt like they were made of jelly.

"Milady?" I said. "People sure are polite in the Old Kingdom."

12/3/2010 . Edited 12/3/2010 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'He probably saw my surcoat,' I said, turning the corner when we got to it. 'I haven't been called that before.'

12/3/2010 #13
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Good," I said. "That means I won't have to punch him out tomorrow if I see him again." We started looking at buildings on the left, and paused before an inn that had a swinging wooden sign out front. A Charter light hung over the sign, illuminating the faded picture, and green lettering: "The Mouldy Boot."

"Well," I said finally. "At least they have a sense of humour."

12/3/2010 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'So I see,' I said, nodding.

We went up the steps and opened the inn door. It was very warm inside - which was nice, given the chill of the wind outside.

12/3/2010 #15
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Welcome, welcome," said a round-faced woman wearing an apron. "You'll be looking for a room?" She frowned. "Something wrong with the young man?"

"Just tired," I said quickly.

The woman nodded, then looked at Idriel and jumped. "Tadpoles and toadstools! It's the Abhorsen!"

I turned to Idriel and mouthed, 'tadpoles and toadstools?'

12/3/2010 . Edited 12/3/2010 #16
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Tadpoles and toadstools??? XD)

~Idriel~

'Um, yes, we are wanting a room,' I said, ignoring Oliver's bemused expression for now. To be honest, I had no idea where that expression came from either. 'Just for tonight, please.'

12/3/2010 #17
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I don't know. It... just slipped out. :P)

Oliver-

"Of course, dears, of course," said the woman. "We're serving dinner right now - or I could take you right up to your room."

I glanced at the rickety stairs - there was no way I could navigate them like this, even with Idriel's help. "Dinner sounds good," I said, looking at Idriel.

12/3/2010 . Edited 12/3/2010 #18
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Riiiight... :P)

~Idriel~

'I agree,' I said, realising that we hadn't stopped for lunch during our flight. 'Dinner does sound good.'

The woman beamed, and started leading us towards the inn's dining room.

12/3/2010 #19
Sanaryelle

(OOC: :P)

Oliver-

Some people looked up as we entered. At first I thought they were staring because they thought I was an invalid or something, but then I realized that they were all looking at Idriel.

12/3/2010 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I was used to men staring at me - but not like this. I didn't see a single inappropriate look in the whole room. It was an unusually nice feeling. I gave a brief smile as we followed the woman to our table.

12/3/2010 #21
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

Idriel lowered me gently into one of the chairs, and then took a seat beside me rather than across from me - probably to make sure I didn't topple over or anything.

The woman beamed and hurried to bring us some water. "We're not a very fancy place," she said apologetically. "We don't have menus or anything. But for dinner tonight it's either fish, beef, or chicken. If you wanted something special, though, I'm sure we could fix it up for you," she added to Idriel.

12/3/2010 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I'll have the fish, thanks,' I said, taking a sip of my water. I hadn't noticed how thirsty I was before now. 'Oliver? What do you want?'

12/3/2010 #23
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Same," I said. The woman actually bobbed a curtsy and hurried off. I sighed and leaned back in my chair, resisting the urge to close my eyes - I couldn't fall asleep in the middle of the dining room.

12/3/2010 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I reached over and took Oliver's hand. 'Don't worry,' I said. 'I'm pretty tired too. We'll get to bed right after we've eaten.'

12/3/2010 #25
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I turned to Raylinn and managed a grin. "Nothing implied, right?"

12/3/2010 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I grinned back. 'I don't think you've got the energy for it tonight.'

12/3/2010 #27
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"What?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "You're not going to take advantage of me in my weakened state?"

12/3/2010 . Edited 12/3/2010 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I gave him a knowing look. 'I'll save it for the morning,' I whispered.

12/3/2010 #29
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Fine..." I said, trying to hide my smile. I couldn't help noticing that people were still looking at us - and not everyone's eyes were on Idriel. Did they wonder what kind of a person I was, to be travelling around with the Abhorsen? I wondered what they'd think if they knew I was an ex-Perimeter Scout with nine toes and a penchant for setting things on fire when I was drunk.

12/3/2010 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member