The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Well, I'm still looking forward to it,' I insisted. 'Are you going to want to write to them when we get back to the House? To let them know that you're coming to see them or something?'

12/11/2010 #421
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"No," I said firmly. Idriel looked confused, but at the moment the serving-girl arrived.

"House omelette, please," I said. "And coffee."

12/11/2010 #422
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh, um...' I glanced down at the menu, realising that I hadn't actually chosen what I wanted yet. 'The... fruit pancakes, please,' I said. 'And a fruit juice. I don't mind what flavour.'

The serving-girl nodded, and hurried off to give our orders to the kitchens. I looked back at Oliver.

'Why not?' I asked.

12/11/2010 #423
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Why not what?" I said, pretending I found the top of the table fascinating.

12/11/2010 #424
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I leaned forward, trying to catch his eye. 'Why don't you want to write to your family?'

12/11/2010 #425
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I let out a small sigh. "You won't give up, will you..." I looked up at Idriel and gave her a small smile. "I don't want them to know in advance, because... word might get out."

12/11/2010 #426
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I tilted my head to one side. 'Why are you worried about that?'

12/11/2010 #427
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I'm worried about who could find out." Idriel was still looking at me, and I was being cryptic. Finally, I sighed. "The Colonel. My uncle."

12/11/2010 #428
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh,' I said, nodding. 'The one you don't like?'

12/11/2010 #429
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"That's putting it mildly," I snorted.

12/11/2010 #430
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Is he really that bad, then?' I asked.

12/11/2010 #431
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I don't know," I said, shrugging. "He thinks I'm the bad one. It's a matter of opinion."

12/11/2010 #432
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I thought for a moment. 'Can't you ask your parents not to tell your uncle?' I suggested.

12/11/2010 #433
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Can I ask my - ?" I actually laughed at that. Idriel looked somewhat bemused. "Sorry," I said with a broad grin. "If my parents find out I'm coming home, they'll let the whole country know. They're not exactly subtle. But I suppose I could tell Orien, seeing as she's the one who wrote and invited me."

12/11/2010 #434
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'Are you going to tell her that I'm coming too?' I asked.

12/11/2010 #435
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Of course," I said, a bit surprised. "That is - unless you don't want me to -"

12/11/2010 #436
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Ugh. I'm trying to multi-task now... Breakfast, RPing, and writing Christmas cards... *headdesk*)

~Idriel~

'No, I don't mind,' I said quickly. 'I... guess she'll be a bit surprised.'

12/11/2010 #437
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Wow, that is impressive. Breakfast at 11? ^_^)

Oliver-

"Yeah, I guess she will..." I thought about it for a moment. Orien was my sister, and she could usually be trusted to keep her opinions to herself about things like this. Still, she knew that Idriel had murdered Garret, and she knew - or at least suspected - Idriel's age. She wouldn't tell my parents, but still...

12/11/2010 #438
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Well... when you wake up at about 10... :P)

~Idriel~

'What is it?' I asked, seeing Oliver's expression.

12/11/2010 #439
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"It's just..." I gestured helplessly with my hands. "Orien knows you - what you've done. I don't think she'd say anything, but..." I shook my head. "Maybe I'm worrying too much."

12/11/2010 #440
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sighed. He had a very good point. 'Maybe... it would be better if I didn't come,' I said. 'I guess she'd be a bit funny about it. Us, I mean.'

12/11/2010 #441
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"No, I want you to come," I said without even thinking. "And don't worry about Orien. She won't say anything."

12/11/2010 #442
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'But she'll be thinking... things,' I said. 'And she knows that I'm not eighteen, doesn't she?'

12/11/2010 #443
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded. "She still won't say anything. Why - do you want me to write to her about it?"

12/11/2010 #444
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'If she won't say anything, then I don't think you need to,' I said, shrugging. 'But... well, she might be a bit funny about it.'

12/11/2010 #445
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"That's her problem then," I said with a small smile. I suddenly thought of something. "Idriel - when we cross the Wall, do you want to stop to see Cariel?"

12/11/2010 #446
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I bit my lip and nodded. 'Of course I do,' I replied, hoping that Cariel was all right. 'Will they let me see her, then?'

12/11/2010 #447
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I don't see why not," I said. "Maybe I can write to Orien and tell her when we'll be getting back, and she can arrange it."

The serving girl came with our food and drinks. I waited until she was gone before asking, "Did you want me to come along? I completely understand if you want to see her alone."

12/11/2010 #448
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I'd prefer to talk to her alone,' I replied quietly. 'But you can still come and see her, if you want. I guess she'll want to hear about our fight with the necromancer and everything.'

12/11/2010 #449
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I'll just stay for a few minutes, then," I said. "Orien and her friend have been visiting her, but I think the more familiar faces Cariel sees, the better."

12/11/2010 #450
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member