The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

A port in northern Ancelstierre, where a lot of the trade between Ancelstierre and the Old Kingdom happens.

3/12/2011 #1
Fishy Biscuits

~Linette~

I got off my boat, and looked around. It was pretty dark, but that was okay; it was dark in the Old Kingdom too, and had been for quite a while. I was slightly annoyed though - docking at Ironshore during the sunset would have been the perfect setting for me to snare another man for a quick bit of fun.

I made my way towards the 'taxis.' The high-ups had told me to get one of those, whatever that meant. I assumed in would get me to the Perimeter quickly. As I walked, I couldn't help but look around at all the men. Hmm... six... six... six and a half... ooh, that one's a seven... Not a bad selection, I thought. I'd seen better, but I'd also seen much, much, worse. Too bad I couldn't stay here for long.

I frowned at the weird-looking things that I assumed were 'taxis.' How exactly was I meant to take one of those? They looked very heavy, and they all had people in them! Stupid high-ups... A woman (damn...) evidently noticed my confused expression, and came over to me.

'You all right, dear?' She took in my clothing, and smiled. 'From the Old Kingdom, yes?'

I nodded and gestured towards the taxis. I guessed people here were used to people not really having a clue about things. 'Uh... how exactly do you 'take' one of those?' I asked.

The woman laughed. 'Oh, you just go up to the one at the front of the queue, tell the driver - that's the person inside - where you want to go, and then get into the back of it.'

I blinked, and the woman led me over to one of the 'taxis.' There was a man (only a 4 - aging, balding, not particularly attractive) inside, and he smiled at me. I automatically smiled back at him.

'Where're you wanting to go, luv?' he asked me.

'Perimeter,' I replied. 'It's... that way, isn't it?'

'Yup,' said the man. 'Get it, then. I'll get you there.'

The woman opened one of the 'taxi's doors, and I peered in, staring. It was so odd! Like a very funny-looking carriage or something. The woman helped me sit down, and then pulled a black strip of... something across me. 'It's for safety,' she explained, no doubt seeing my puzzled expression.

'Oh,' I said, examining this thing. How exactly was it 'for safety'?

'Right. Off we go, then,' the driver-person said, and then the taxi started moving! I let out a surprised noise, and the man grinned at me over his shoulder. 'You'll get used to it,' he said. 'It's a couple hours to the Perimeter.'

I nodded, then stared out of the window as the driver moved the 'taxi' around. I had no idea how he did it, but I didn't think I would understand if he tried to explain it.

3/12/2011 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

My eyes opened slowly, and I looked around, wondering where I was. It was dark, and I was lying down on some sort of hard surface. I could hear voices outside this... was it a room? It didn't exactly feel like one.

Then, I remembered what had happened. I was in a truck, driven by someone from the army, to Charter-knows where. And they were going to hand me over to the Royal Guard. My breathing started to speed up, and that made me realise what must have happened; why I was lying down. I'd been hyperventilating before, when they'd taken me away. I must have passed out or something on the way.

The truck wasn't moving anymore, which probably meant that we had reached whatever destination it was. I had no idea where they would have taken me.

The door of the truck suddenly opened, and I had to shield my eyes from the sudden light spilling in from those lanturn things that lit Ancelstierran streets. I was still blinking when I felt two people grabbing my arms and pulling me roughly out of the truck. I stumbled, my shaking legs finding it difficult to support me, and the two men had to hold me upright to stop me collapsing to the ground.

Another man was speaking to some people a few paces away, and my breathing sped up even more as I recognised those red-and-gold cloaks. My gaze flicked to my surroundings, to try and calm myself somehow. There were quite a few ships and boats around - was I in some sort of harbour? Maybe it was that place where a lot of the trading happened. Were they going to take me on a ship somewhere? Oh Charter, what if they were going to take me to Belisaere?

3/13/2011 #3
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I peered around the Royal Guards with interest. They were all several heads taller than I was - I found that as I got older and older, I shrank quite a bit. Once I reached ninety, I'd barely be able to see over the justiciar's bench.

So the girl suspended between two Ancelstierran soldiers was the Abhorsen, eh? I gazed at her in fascination, and when she spotted me staring, I gave her a kindly smile. Poor thing. Those Ancelstierrans probably hadn't been treating her well - savages.

3/13/2011 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I wasn't really paying attention to what the soldiers and the guards were saying. I was too busy trying to slow my breathing down. I noticed an old man staring at me, and he smiled at me when I looked back at him. I couldn't manage a smile back. I was still shaking too badly to even stand up on my own.

Eventually, the group of guards and soldiers turned and headed back towards me, and I felt my panic rising again. Two of the Royal Guards took hold of my wrists, and the Ancelstierran soldiers let go of me. Fortunately - or unfortunately, maybe - the guards were gripping me hard enough to keep me upright as they started leading me towards one of the ships. Neither of them said a word to me.

3/13/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I followed the crowd towards the ship, still staring at the Abhorsen. This was the first time I'd seen her, but I'd heard a lot about her already, especially among Belisaere's legal circles. First there had been the question of succession - until we got the letter from Cariel naming Raylinn - or Idriel? - her successor. And now there was this growing scandal about her past behaviour, particularly towards her sister. Quite the interesting young lady. She looked nice enough, and very frightened - shame, because I would be the justiciar presiding at her trial. And the King had hinted strongly at what sort of outcome that ought to take.

3/13/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

The guards led me onto the ship, and immediately started taking me down some stairs - to the cells, I assumed. I was still feeling very dizzy, and I kept feeling like I was about to be sick. I knew that if these guards hadn't been holding me up, I would have just collapsed then and there.

One of the guards pushed open a door at the bottom of the stairs, and they pulled me through it. 'Looks like you're in a lot of trouble,' the other guard sneered at me. I ignored him, and stared down at the floor so I wouldn't have to see the cells just yet.

3/13/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I followed the guards and the Abhorsen down the stairs with some difficulty - I'm not as spry as I used to be. I arrived ust in time to hear one of the guards giving her some stern words.

"Now, now," I said mildly. "There's no need for that."

The Royal Guards looked at me, and then backed off. There were some perks to being the oldest and best-known justiciar in Belisaere.

"That's enough now," I scolded. "It is late, and I am certain the Abhorsen is tired." The Royal Guards paused for a moment, and then left the room. I turned to the Abhorsen. "My apologies," I said kindly. "The Royal Guards certainly take their duties seriously, don't they? This is your room." I gestured around at the small cabin. "It's not much, but accomodations aboard a ship rarely are."

3/13/2011 . Edited 3/13/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

It was taking almost every bit of my concentration just to keep standing. I was surprised that I hadn't been shoved into a dingy cell, but I could still feel all the magical wards in the walls and door of this cabin.

I nodded gratefully to the old man, and then felt even more dizzy, so I had to sit down on the edge of the small bed before I passed out. I tried to take deep breaths, and to calm myself down, but it didn't work too well. There were no windows in this cabin, and it was reminding me very much of the cell in Roble's Town. Except then, Olier had been there too. And this time he wasn't. Where was he? Was he coming after me, like he'd promised? Did he even know where I was? What if he didn't manage to get to me in time, and the ship set off?

I couldn't slow my breathing down, despite all my efforts, and I still felt like I was either going to faint or throw up. Or maybe both. I could tell that the old man was still watching me, but I didn't know why.

3/13/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Sim-

The Abhorsen wasn't looking very well. I had seen people taken into custody, and many of them broke down or panicked, but none of them had acted quite like this.

"Are you all right?" I said eventually. "Is there anything you would like? Some wine, perhaps?"

3/13/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I shook my head, then closed my eyes as the dizziness worsened. 'No, thank you,' I managed to say. My voice was pathetically quiet, and I winced slightly.

3/13/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Hello!)

Sim-

"Perhaps you should get some sleep," I said with a kindly smile. I patted her lightly on the shoulder.

3/13/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: We meet again, Mr Bond!)

~Idriel~

I flinched away as the old man patted my shoulder. It was an automatic reaction, and I couldn't help it. 'I - I don't think I - could sleep,' I whispered shakily.

3/13/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Indeed, Fish. Up to your usual schemes?)

Sim-

"Perhaps the ship's doctor could mix you a tonic," I suggested. "Believe me, Abhorsen - sleep would be the best thing for you right now."

3/13/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Naturally. Up to your usual uh... activities?)

~Idriel~

I shook my head again. I was just too scared to sleep. 'I - What are the charges?' I asked, still trying to calm my breathing.

3/13/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Naturally. *shuts door on curvy blonde*)

Sim-

I gave up trying to comfort the girl, and sank into a chair with a slight groan. "Attempted murder of your sister, then-Abhorsen Cariel," I answered. There was no use concealing anything; she would have to find out sooner or later.

3/13/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *shakes head* Really, Bond...)

~Idriel~

I looked up at the old man. 'W - what?' I asked shakily. Since when had I- I suddenly remembered: our fight in the woods, me casting a blinding spell before going to swipe at her with my sword, strangling her, and then almost cutting her throat with her own sword - my sword now, though. I felt even worse. It wasn't the murder charge I'd been expecting. If it had been that, I could have just requested a truth spell, and everything would be sorted out. But this - this, I was actually guilty of. Oh, Charter...

'I - I think I'm going to be sick,' I said quietly, clapping a hand over my mouth before - somehow - dashing to the basin in the corner.

3/13/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Old habits die hard, Fish.)

Sim-

I grimaced as I heard the girl retching into a basin. "Do not worry," I said mildly as she straightened up and wiped her mouth. "I'll make certain that the guards treat you well. The journey will be quick, and you will be given a fair trial."

3/13/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: So I see, Bond. *rolls eyes*)

~Idriel~

I made my way back to the bed, feeling even worse than before. A fair trial wouldn't matter, I thought. I was actually guilty this time. Charter knew what would happen... Did Oliver know about this? Was Oliver even coming for me?

I felt my breaths catch in my throat, and I coughed, then let out a choaked sob. And then I burst into tears.

3/13/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I just received an email notifying me that I'd gotten into the MA program at the University of Chicago!!!)

Sim-

The Abhorsen started to cry, and I got up stiffly from my chair. "Now, now," I fretted, hovering over her anxiously. "Please don't cry, dear. I know that you have been through more than any human being has a right to stand - and at the hands of Royal Guards, no less - but it won't be as bad as all that."

3/13/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Well done!!! *breaks out the whishkee*)

(OOC: Ff.net decided to log me out... Shtoopid website...)

~Idriel~

No, I thought miserably, I was just going to get sentenced to death. That was all.

My sobbing really wasn't helping the fact that it was difficult to breathe, and those black spots were coming back again. Would I ever get to see Oliver again? Would I get to say goodbye to him? Charter, had I really gone through all that shit just to end up dead anyway? I didn't think I would be able to stop crying, even if I'd wanted to.

3/13/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

(OOC: WHISHKEE! *grabs a bottle*)

(OOC: It does that. Ah, FFN...)

Sim-

The Abhorsen was taking large, wracking breaths and sobs. "Please, calm down," I said, growing concerned. "All this crying can't be good for you. You don't want to show up at your trial with tears in your eyes, do you?"

3/13/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *chuggs whishkee*)

~Idriel~

I didn't want to turn up to my trial at all, I thought, but there didn't seem any way of getting out of it. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't run, but if I stayed I would die.

At that thought, I felt some more bile rising in my throat, and I dashed to the basin again.

3/13/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *grabs second bottle*)

Sim-

"Oh, this won't do," I said, wringing my hands. "You'll just wear yourself out with all this crying and being sick. You've been through a lot I know, but you need to rest, dear."

3/13/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *partays*)

~Idriel~

'I - I can't rest,' I said in between my sobs. 'I - I don't - know what to - do. Oh, Charter...'

3/13/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *danshesh wildly*)

Sim-

"Right now, there is nothing you can do," I said sympathetically. "Except take care of yourself. Come and sit down, Abhorsen."

3/13/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *headbangs to loud music*)

~Idriel~

I let the old man help me back to the bed, and then I practically collapsed onto it. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, but it didn't stop me crying. 'What's going to happen?' I asked quietly, though I didn't know why I'd asked. I knew full well what was going to happen.

3/13/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *sings karaoke horribly off-key*)

Sim-

"It depends on how your trial goes," I said, patting her hand. "I've seen many criminals over the course of my life, Abhorsen - and you do not look like a criminal to me."

3/13/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *joins in warbling*)

~Idriel~

But I was a criminal, I thought, though I didn't actually say that. I shook my head, not knowing what else to do. 'I can't do this,' I whispered to myself.

3/13/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *breaks out some dance moves*)

Sim-

"With all due respect, Abhorsen, you have no choice," I said gently.

3/13/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member