The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

Despite the fact that it sounds like a pub, this is actually one of the Royal Guards' ships. ^_^

3/15/2011 #1
Fishy Biscuits

Continued from"Ironshore", page 2.

~Idriel~

Almost as soon as the old man had left the cabin - cell - and the door had closed again, I let out a sob. 'Oliver...' I whispered, still clutching the necklace. 'Oliver, where are you? I need you...'

3/15/2011 . Edited by Sanaryelle, 3/15/2011 #2
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I soon found the Lieutenant on deck, and requested that I speak to her. She gave me a tolerant smile that rather irritated me. She probably thought that I was an eccentric old man, and she was just humouring me.

"I am concerned about the treatment of the Abhorsen," I said. "One of your men struck her yesterday evening."

"I know," said the Lieutenant, her answer surprising me. "She was trying to escape the room."

I frowned. "The Guard had no reason to enter the room. Those spells would have held her."

The Lieutenant shrugged. "She was making a lot of noise."

I shook my head. "With all due respect, that is hardly any reason to-"

"With all due respect," the Lieutenant interrupted, "although your word may pass as law in the courts of Belisaere, on this ship I am in command."

I stared at her, shocked by her insolent manner. "During Queen Ellimere's rule," I said sternly, "such behaviour towards such a high-ranking member of the court would not be tolerated."

The woman smiled unpleasantly. "It is fortunate, then, that King Gregior is in possession of the throne."

"Not so fortunate for myself or the Abhorsen," I pointed out, then turned to head back to my cabin.

3/15/2011 #3
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

After I'd had a bit of a cry, I gently placed the untouched breakfast tray on the ground, and curled up on the bed. I wasn't tired, but there was nothing else to do. My pack and weapons had been taken off me, and I hadn't been given anything to occupy myself with. I was shaking, but I wasn't sure whether that was because it was cold, or because I was scared. I knew that I should be pleased that the old man was being nice to me - it made a change from the guards, anyway - but I didn't think that anything or anyone - other than Oliver - could give me any comfort right now.

3/15/2011 #4
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Well, now that we have an explanation for the arsey Royal Guards (bad/sloppy King - bad/sloppy hiring practices) I'm reconciled to the behaviour of all the arses Idriel has met. Which brings up another point... if we continue with this RP for a long time, dethroning the King and replacing him with someone else can also be an issue. ^_^)

Sim-

I read in my room all morning, and took my lunch there rather than have it with the Royal Guards. The Lieutenant had always struck me as rather brusque, but not until now had I found her insolent. She was right, though - as the commanding officer aboard the ship, her word was law, even with the most senior justiciar aboard. My anger over her attitude did away with my appetite.

I took my untouched lunch tray and some books to the Abhorsen's cabin. The guards glanced at me warily, but apparently they thought that a harmless old man didn't pose any threat, and let me in.

3/15/2011 #5
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Is there anyone else who could take the throne, though?)

~Idriel~

I didn't bother looking up or wiping my eyes when I heard the door open. I was still curled up on the bed, as I had been for however long it was - with no windows in my cell, there was no way for me to know what time of day it was or anything - and I was still clutching my necklace. I had to believe that Oliver would somehow get to me before we reached Belisaere. I just had to.

3/15/2011 #6
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Well, Tarael's parent was the King's sibling. Or we could make up a cousin, or another sibling/niece/nephew, or something. All we know it the King is childless.)

Sim-

I shook my head when I saw the untouched breakfast tray, and set down the lunch tray beside it.

"How are you holding up, Abhorsen?" I asked as I sank into a nearby chair.

3/15/2011 #7
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I bet Idriel would love it if Tarael's parent took the throne... :P)

~Idriel~

I sniffed and turned my head, then pushed myself into a sitting position. 'I'm - I'm okay,' I lied, wiping my eyes half-heartedly.

3/15/2011 #8
Sanaryelle

(OOC: lol! Though if our core group of characters are involved, then they'll probably make sure it's someone better than Gregior.)

(OOC: And... omg that just gave me an idea. A wild, crazy idea.)

Sim-

I smiled; young people were all the same. "If you wanted to talk, Abhorsen, I'm here to listen," I said. "However, I must ask you not to mention anything pertaining to the case. I must hear that testimony for the first time in the courts, just as the jury hears it. But... I think there is more than just that worrying you right now. Am I right?"

3/15/2011 #9
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Probably. I wanna know what your idea is!!!!)

~Idriel~

I hesitated and sniffed again. 'I need to get out of here,' I whispered eventually. 'I can't stay in here. I - I'm scared.'

3/15/2011 #10
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Well, remember how when Oliver confronted his uncle, Arthur's... questionable parentage came up?)

Sim-

"Scared of what, precisely?" I asked. "The guards?"

3/15/2011 #11
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yes...?)

~Idriel~

'Of - of prison in general,' I said, almost breaking into sobs again.

3/15/2011 #12
Sanaryelle

(OOC: King Arthur! lol!)

Sim-

I frowned, then remembered what I'd heard about what had been done to the Abhorsen and her partner, that Ancelstierran.

"Because of Corporal Sorienne and Corporal Mawbor?" I asked gently.

3/15/2011 #13
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: XD And Yvanna would have a field day, because that would mean Prince Oliver. lol!)

~Idriel~

I flinched at those names. 'Partly,' I replied, though I could remember how scared I had been before that, when I'd thought the scouting patrol had been searching for me. 'But - I was scared before... that happened.'

3/15/2011 #14
Sanaryelle

(OOC: It would be absolutely insane!)

Sim-

"You were in prison before that?" I asked, frowning. I hadn't remembered reading anything about that...

3/15/2011 #15
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Princess Orien? XD)

~Idriel~

I shook my head. 'No, but - I don't know if you know anything about it, but I -' I really didn't want to talk about it, but I had already started. 'I was wanted by the Ancelstierran police for a time, and - and when I thought that people were comign after me, searching for me, I... I got so scared.'

3/15/2011 #16
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Definitely insane. :P Okay, let's scrap that idea. ^_^)

Sim-

"I knew about that," I said gravely. "It was the reason why the Royal Guard were after you - the first time, anyway." I considered her for a moment, steepling my gnarled fingers. "And so you are afraid of capture? Imprisonment?"

3/16/2011 #17
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yeah... Although we could mention it as a possibility, just for the amusing reactions...)

~Idriel~

'I think so,' I whispered, nodding. My hand automatically went to my necklace again, and I sniffed.

3/16/2011 #18
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I like that idea! Then it'll turn out Arthur's mother was Queen Ellimere's handmaid or something. :P)

Sim-

I didn't know quite what to say to that, so I decided to change the subject. "That is a beautiful necklace."

3/16/2011 #19
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Or that, because Arthur's an illegitimate child, he wouldn't have a claim to the throne anyway. :P)

~Idriel~

I almost smiled, but then I just thought of Oliver even more, and I burst into tears again. He wasn't coming for me. He'd broken his promise, and he'd just let them take me away.

3/16/2011 #20
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Touchstone was illegitimate. But Arthur was raised in Ancelstierre, so he wouldn't havbe a clue about Old Kingdom culture.)

Sim-

I got up in alarm. "Abhorsen - Raylinn - please, what's the matter?"

3/16/2011 #21
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yeah, but Touchstone was the only surviving member of the Bloodline, so he kinda had to be King. And as for having no idea about Old Kingdom culture, Sabriel didn't either, and she ended up being Queen. :P)

~Idriel~

'I - I need Oliver,' I sobbed. 'He - said he would - come after m- me, but he hasn't.'

3/16/2011 #22
Sanaryelle

(OOC: True that. In any case, there are enough reasons to keep Arthur off the throne, thank goodness. Ooh - could maybe a minor character turn out to be a Royal Family member?)

Sim-

"Oliver?" I repeated the strange word, frowning. "Ah - you mean the Ancelstierran."

3/16/2011 #23
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Ooh, could do. Who? *not Sorienne and Aedyn*)

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'I n- need him,' I repeated, wiping my eyes even though it didn't stop me crying.

3/16/2011 #24
Sanaryelle

(OOC: The only others I can think of are Darod, Ysabel (!), and Odette. Hmm...)

Sim-

"I did hear several... rumours about the two of you," I admitted. "It appears that some of them are true."

3/16/2011 #25
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Somehow I don't think Ysabel would be a Royal. :P)

~Idriel~

'Rumours?' I asked, looking up. 'What rumours?'

3/16/2011 #26
Sanaryelle

(OOC: lol! And Darod doesn't strike me as being very diplomatic. He's more the cold-blooded secret agent type. And if it was Odette, perhaps that explains why she was the only one brave and decent enough to stand up to Sorienne.)

Sim-

"Oh, just rumours about the nature of your relationship, how you met, the usual sort of thing," I said. "Gossip travels fast."

3/16/2011 #27
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: It would. Hmm... Interesting idea...)

~Idriel~

I blushed. No doubt anyone who had heard these rumours disapproved of the nature of our relationship. 'Oh,' I said, rather pathetically.

3/16/2011 #28
Sanaryelle

(OOC: So, she'd be the King's nephew/niece, from another sibling other than Tarael's parent. Perhaps she's in exile or something? OR we could just come up with a new character altogether.)

Sim-

I noticed the resigned look on her face. "Not everyone thinks it's a bad thing," I said. "Yes, some do. But others are just fascinated by it."

3/16/2011 #29
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Maybe she wouldn't have to be in exile. Maybe she just decided to go into the guard, a bit like Touchstone did.)

~Idriel~

'Fascinated by it?' I repeated, frowning slightly. 'What do you mean by that?'

3/16/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member