The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Sim-

We made our way down the hall, passing hurrying guards soaked from working on deck. We made it to my room, which was just a bit larger than Idriel's. I was glad the guard followed at a distance as we went inside.

3/22/2011 #391
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I went straight to the porthole when we got inside the cabin, and gazed out of the rain-splattered glass. A flash of lightning lit up the sky, and I smiled. It really was beautiful.

3/22/2011 #392
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I steadied myself against the wall, and gave a small smile as Idriel gazed out of the porthole. I was just going to stand by, and let her enjoy this. The last thing she wanted right now was some old fart talking her ear off.

3/22/2011 #393
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I stared out for what seemed like ages, just watching the rain sheeting down, and the occasional flash of lightning. I really wanted to go up onto the deck and watch it properly, getting soaked too, just like I always used to, but I figured that that would be pushing my luck.

3/22/2011 #394
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Time's up," said the guard. I looked at him crossly.

3/22/2011 #395
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I ignored the guard, and kept staring out the porthole. The guard gave the chain a small tug, distracting me for a moment, but I didn't want to go. Not yet.

3/22/2011 #396
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Just one more minute," I said to the guard, who heaved a large sigh, but nodded.

3/22/2011 #397
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

One more minute wasn't nearly enough, I thought. I wanted to stay here until the storm was over, so I could watch it all.

3/22/2011 #398
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Minute's up," said the guard sharply. When the Abhorsen didn't move, he cracked the chain like a whip.

"Easy there," I said, giving the guard a disapproving look.

3/22/2011 #399
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

The guard gave the chain a sharp tug, and I had to move away from the porthole to avoid falling over. I still stumbled a little, anyway. I sighed, then looked back, trying to catch another glimpse outside, but the guard was already pulling me out of the door.

3/22/2011 #400
Sanaryelle

Sim-

We returned to the Abhorsen's room in silence. The guard locked the chain in place, and peevishly left the room, slamming the door behind him.

3/22/2011 #401
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sighed as I sat down on the bed, then looked at the old man. 'Thank you for that,' I said quietly.

3/22/2011 #402
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I nodded. "I hope it helped."

3/22/2011 #403
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'I think it did,' I said. 'It seems like ages since I've seen the sky.'

3/22/2011 #404
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Only a couple more days now," I said reassuringly.

3/22/2011 #405
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I guess so,' I said, sighing. 'Although that seems like such a long time.'

3/22/2011 #406
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Just keep yourself busy, and it'll go by quickly," I said.

3/22/2011 #407
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Busy...' I said dryly. 'It's a little difficult to find things to do when you're chained to a bed, in a small, dark room.'

3/22/2011 #408
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I sighed. "I know. But there are always books. Or - you could write."

3/22/2011 #409
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Write what?' I asked, listening to another clap of thunder from outside.

3/22/2011 #410
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"Well... you kept a diary, didn't you?" I said. "Maybe you could start a new one."

3/22/2011 #411
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I snorted. 'I don't think I'm going to make that mistake again,' I said.

3/22/2011 #412
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I was silent for a moment. "Is there anyone you would like to write to?" I asked. "I could send the letters once we reach Belisaere."

3/22/2011 #413
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I thought for a moment. I wanted to write to Oliver, asking him where he was, but he might not bother replying. I also wanted to write to Cariel, but I didn't want her to worry about me. 'I don't know,' I sighed. 'Maybe. I suppose I could try writing to someone, anyway.'

3/22/2011 #414
Sanaryelle

Sim-

I took some sheets of paper, a quill pen, and an ink bottle from one of the desk drawers, and located a book large enough to act as a lap desk.

3/22/2011 #415
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Thanks,' I said, taking the items and arranging them on the bed. It would be rather difficult to write with the ship rocking like this, but I could only try, really. And maybe it would make me feel better, too. It would at least help to pass the time.

3/22/2011 #416
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"I can leave, if you want, and come back later," I said. "I don't want to use up all of my visiting time in one go."

3/22/2011 #417
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Okay,' I said, nodding. 'I guess I keep forgetting that your visiting hours have been cut a bit.'

3/22/2011 #418
Sanaryelle

Sim-

"And do try to eat something, won't you?" I said, gesturing at the food that remained on her end table.

3/22/2011 #419
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I looked at the food, but I still didn't feel very hungry. 'I guess I'll try,' I said. 'I'm not sure if it'll work, but I'll at least try.'

3/22/2011 #420
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member