The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

A town in Ancelstierre; the closest place to the Wall.

4/8/2011 #1
Sanaryelle

Orien-

Jack parked the car, and Emerson and I climbed out. I shivered slightly; after travelling in that comfy car, it was quite cold outside. Emerson drew close and slipped his arm around my waist, and I used the cold as an excuse - no, reason - to snuggle up to him.

4/8/2011 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I was just about to open my door when Jack opened it for me. I grinned as I got out; he was such a gentleman!

'Right,' I said, holding his hand. 'Where should we head to first?'

4/8/2011 #3
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Should we check out the museum?" I suggested. I noticed that the Charter felt stronger here.

4/8/2011 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Good idea,' I said.

'Which museum?' asked Jack curiously.

'Orien said there's this Old Kingdom one somewhere,' I explained. Jack nodded and looked rather interested.

4/8/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Don't worry if you don't understand anything in it," I said to Jack. "We probably won't, either."

4/8/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'When Idriel comes to visit us at the College, we could take her here and have her explain things,' I said, only half-joking.

4/8/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"She'd know loads more than the people who work there," I remarked.

4/8/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Probably,' I agreed. 'And she could correct any mistakes they've made.'

4/8/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Which are probably a lot," I said. We'd reached the main square, and I pointed to an old stone building with bizarre gargoyles. "I think that's it."

4/8/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I nodded, and we headed in the direction of the museum. Jack was looking rather interested, but I wondered if he would go all scpetical when we got inside.

4/8/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

Orien-

We entered the museum, and I noticed that it was rather dark. Emerson and Jack paid for our tickets, and we entered the first gallery full of clothing.

4/9/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I stared at the displays, then turned to Orien. 'Just think - we might end up wearing things like that.'

4/9/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"I hope not," I said, examining a rather over-the-top dress with an enormous skirt.

4/9/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'You'd look so funny in something like that,' I teased.

4/9/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I don't care if my clothes are turning to rags - I'm not wearing something like that," I said flatly.

4/9/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'You could wear armour instead,' I suggested innocently.

4/9/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I sighed, and glanced at the museum map I'd taken from the front. "It says armour and weapons are in the next gallery," I said.

4/9/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Do you think they'll have anything like those swords that Oliver and Idriel were using?' I asked.

4/9/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Ooh, maybe," I said. We went into the next gallery, and I stopped in front of a glass case of swords. Some were normal, but one or two of them had Charter marks swimming through them. "Do you see?" I said to Emerson, pointing.

He frowned. "See what?"

I shook my head, feeling a little disappointed that Emerson could not see the Charter. He didn't have the Mark.

4/9/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'That one's quite pretty, isn't it,' I commented, pointing to one of the swords with an elaborately decorated hilt.

4/9/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"It must have belonged to someone either rich or important," I agreed.

4/9/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'I think Idriel's sword was longer than these ones, though,' I said, thinking back to the swordfight we'd seen between her and Oliver.

4/9/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I nodded. "Oh - look!"

There was a stand holding a full suit of funny-looking armour.

"It's made of something called 'gethre'," said Emerson, reading the sign. "They say that it cannot be cut or scratched by any metal."

4/9/2011 . Edited 4/9/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I peered closely at it. 'It almost looks like it's made of stone or something,' I said. 'Though I don't get how you could make armour out of stone.'

4/9/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"I'd like to test it," Emerson muttered, and I grinned.

4/9/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I laughed. 'So, are any of these things magical?' I asked Orien.

4/9/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Three of the swords are," I said, "and one of those spears over there. And some knives." I grinned at Jack's confused expression.

4/9/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Those things are magical,' said Jack flatly, looking very confused.

I laughed. 'Apparently so,' I replied. 'I don't really get it either, to be honest.'

4/9/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"The way we use Charter Magic is by casting Charter Marks," I tried to explain. "If you want some objects to have certain properties, you can infuse them with marks, which are visible to those who have been baptised in the Charter. The Wall, for example, is crawling with them."

4/9/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member