The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

The mountains around the Clayr's Glacier. Pretty much a wilderness, with the occasional settlement.

4/10/2011 #1
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

The Charter skins proved much more difficult than I'd thought, and I hadn't managed to make even part of one yet. It was beyond annoying. I couldn't stop and focus on it either, because I had to keep moving, and now that I had come to the mountains, the terrain was getting very uneven. Still, it should be harder for the guards to follow me here, as my horse wouldn't leave hoofprints in the rocky ground.

4/10/2011 #2
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I stood just within the tree line, watching as the lone horse and rider slowly made their way roughly in my direction. People hardly came up here - unless they were running away from something. I allowed myself a smile; perhaps this individual would prove a welcome distraction.

4/10/2011 #3
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

My horse trod in a patch of soft mud, leaving a clear hoofprint, so I paused and cast a Charter spell that erased the print. If anyone - like that bloody Messenger - did manage to track me this far, I couldn't afford to leave any traces at all.

4/10/2011 #4
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I watched in interest as the rider - a woman - erased a hoofprint. Running away, then - and not wanting to be followed. I was starting to have a suspicion of who this was. If this suspicion proved true, then it looked like I could be in for some amusement.

I stepped out of the trees, and waited for the rider to spot me. At this distance, if she did decide to flee, she was within range of a thrown knife - or a spell, but that would be using Free Magic when I didn't have to.

4/10/2011 #5
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I kicked my horse back into a quick walk - and then froze as I saw someone watching me. He wasn't doing anything other than watching, though, so for the moment I just held his gaze. No use trying to run in an area like this.

4/10/2011 #6
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I gave a thin smile. "You may have erased the hoofprint," I said, "but your horse will still leave traces of mud on the rocks."

4/10/2011 #7
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I know,' I said cooly, watching this man carefully in case he tried to do anything. 'I was going to get rid of the tracks, and then clean his hoof. I am not stupid.'

4/10/2011 #8
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I raised my eyebrows, but didn't comment on her last statement.

I took out one of my knives, and started to trim my nails. "Running from something?" I asked casually.

4/10/2011 #9
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Why would you want to know that?' I asked, keeping my expression blank whilst watching his knife out of the corner of my eye.

4/10/2011 #10
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Erasing the footprint was quite a significant clue," I said dryly. "It isn't often that people come this way."

4/10/2011 #11
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'You didn't answer my question,' I said levelly.

4/10/2011 #12
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I stopped paring my nails, and glanced up. "You didn't answer mine."

4/10/2011 #13
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

That was a fair point. 'I am avoiding someone,' I said. 'Not running.'

4/10/2011 #14
Sanaryelle

Jaladir-

"Avoiding several someones?" I asked. "Perhaps it won't be long before we see some red and gold on the horizon."

4/10/2011 #15
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'You still haven't answered my question,' I said cooly.

4/10/2011 #16
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Ah, yes - why I want to know. I suppose that telling you I'm naturally curious wouldn't suffice."

4/10/2011 #17
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'It won't,' I agreed.

4/10/2011 #18
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Well, then," I said, "if you are who I think you are, then I have been following your activities with great interest. Next you will ask me why. And I answer: because we have a common enemy." I drew back my cloak to show my bell-bandolier. Seven silver bells, with handles of carved bone.

I watched the woman closely; if she wasn't Sorienne, I might have to act fast.

4/10/2011 #19
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I see,' I said, the corner of my mouth twitching up in a brief smirk. 'And why exactly would that mean that you have been following my activites?' I wanted to work out just what this man knew before I said anything proper.

4/10/2011 #20
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Given my... choice of occupation," I said carefully, "any actions taken against that family interest me. You seem to have been more successful than most."

4/10/2011 #21
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I have,' I agreed, with a small nod. 'Probably because I did not go down the... usual route.'

4/10/2011 #22
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Now, however," I said, "you appear to be in some trouble."

4/10/2011 #23
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'No,' I replied cooly. 'I have done what I can for now, and have decided to go elsewhere.'

4/10/2011 #24
Sanaryelle

Jaladir-

"Until you get a chance to do more?" I asked calmly.

4/10/2011 #25
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Perhaps,' I said neutrally.

4/10/2011 #26
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I considered the woman for a moment.

"Well, ex-Corporal," I said, "you've ended up in my territory. Nobody comes or goes from here without my knowledge. It is perhaps lucky for you that I am interested in your situation."

4/10/2011 #27
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Perhaps,' I said again, giving him a brief nod.

4/10/2011 #28
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"If you decide to make these woods your 'elsewhere'," I said, "I can see to it that you remain... undisturbed."

4/10/2011 #29
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I eyed the man suspiciously. He was a necromancer, and necromancers were not known for being trustworthy. 'You can?' I asked, raising one eyebrow.

4/10/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member