The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I gave a thin smile. "Not many people come through here," I said. "There is the odd settlement, but it is mostly wilderness. And anyone who comes this way will be seen by me - as you yourself have found out. However, with visitors I am not usually as... accomodating."

4/10/2011 #31
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I see,' I replied. 'How do I know that you aren't trying to catch me unawares?'

4/10/2011 #32
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"What else could possibly motivate me to go to all this effort?" I asked. "If I'd wanted, I could have killed you while you were erasing that hoofprint."

4/10/2011 #33
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I know,' I acknowledged, 'but you may have been waiting for a less-obvious opportunity.'

4/10/2011 #34
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I can't prove anything to you," I admitted, "so I suppose you will just have to take a chance. But if you don't, then I cannot let you leave this place."

4/10/2011 #35
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'You can make sure that no-one follows me here,' I said, just to clarify things.

4/10/2011 #36
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Or if they do," I said, "I can ensure that they do not enter the trees."

4/10/2011 #37
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I nodded. This man could prove rather useful. I'd just have to stay alert in case he tried anything.

'And what are you expecting in return?' I asked.

4/10/2011 #38
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I smiled. "When it comes to... that family," I said, "I prefer not to draw attention to myself. However, now and again I am willing to assist others. When difficulty arises for that family, it keeps them preoccupied, which means that I am free to enjoy the life I have chosen for myself. So, in answer to your question, I expect you to continue. I also expect your complete discretion, when it comes to my existence and location."

4/10/2011 . Edited 4/10/2011 #39
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I nodded. That seemed fair. 'Then you have it,' I said.

4/10/2011 #40
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I hope so," I remarked. I gestured towards the trees with my bone-white hand. "You may enter - after you finish erasing your trail."

4/10/2011 #41
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I nodded, then dismounted and crouched down beside my horse, carefully lifting up the muddy hoof. As I cleaned it, I made sure I watched the man out of the corner of my eye, just in case.

4/10/2011 #42
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I noticed the woman watching me, and grinned. "You think I might kill you," I remarked. "Well - that is true. I might. But not yet. You are far too interesting."

4/10/2011 #43
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Interesting,' I repeated, after erasing the couple muddy hoofprints from the rocks. 'What makes you say that?'

4/10/2011 #44
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"As you have said, you did not go down the usual route," I replied. "An enemy of the Abhorsen who is also a Charter Mage. Now that is interesting."

4/10/2011 #45
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I am only an enemy of this current Abhorsen,' I said. 'I have nothing against the family.'

4/10/2011 #46
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Necromancers are motivated by necessity, and survival," I said. "What motivates you? A need for revenge?"

4/10/2011 #47
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I suppose you could say that I am carrying out the wishes of a friend of mine,' I said, with a small smile.

4/10/2011 #48
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I confess an ignorance of the details," I said, "but you may keep those to yourself. I simply wanted to find out if you really were going to see this through."

4/10/2011 #49
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I straightened up and looked at the man levelly. 'I am not someone who gives up on things,' I said.

4/10/2011 #50
Sanaryelle

Jaladir-

"Knowing what you have done thus far, I am inclined to believe you," I said.

4/10/2011 #51
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'And how do you know what I have done?' I asked.

4/10/2011 #52
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I smiled. "I have my sources," I said briefly. "And among my kind, news of any action against the Abhorsen travels swiftly."

4/10/2011 #53
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I see,' I said, nodding briefly before mouting my horse again. 'And will you be planning to do anything against this one yourself?'

4/10/2011 #54
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Oh, no," I said lightly. "Remaining the observer, helping unknown from the shadows, has worked well for me so far. I am still alive."

4/10/2011 #55
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I see,' I said again. 'I will not reveal your presence as long as you do not reveal mine,' I added, nudging my horse back into motion.

4/10/2011 #56
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"We have no reason to do so," I said. "I hope we understand each other, ex-Corporal."

4/11/2011 #57
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I gave him a short nod. 'I believe that we do.'

4/11/2011 #58
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I gestured at the trees. "Then you are welcome." I cast a quick spell, there was a flash of Free Magic fire, and I was holding an ebony whistle. "If you require any assistance," I said, extending it towards the woman.

4/11/2011 #59
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I eyed the man suspiciously before taking the whistle from him and nodding again. Then I spurred my horse into a slightly faster walk and headed for the trees.

4/11/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member