The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I smirked. 'I am. I wouldn't have done what I have if I wasn't.'

4/19/2011 #91
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Do you have a plan then, O confident one?" I asked with a smile.

4/19/2011 #92
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'A plan for what?' I asked, still smirking.

4/19/2011 #93
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I carved idly with my knife. "Oh, you know - bringing misery upon our blue-clad friend."

4/19/2011 #94
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I'm planning to wait for a while,' I said. 'Lull her into a false sense of security. She won't have a clue where I am, and hopefully I'll be able to move quickly and without trace soon.'

4/19/2011 #95
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I nodded at the dense tangle of Charter marks on the ground. "Building something?"

4/19/2011 #96
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Trying to make something,' I said, scowling at the mess.

4/19/2011 #97
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I cocked my head to the side. "It's... interesting," I said.

4/19/2011 #98
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'It's annoying,' I said shortly.

4/19/2011 #99
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I gave a serene smile. "I've always preferred Free Magic. None of this finicky complexity. Just pure power."

4/19/2011 #100
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'But not the ability to remain undetected in a group of suspicious Charter Mages,' I said.

4/19/2011 #101
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Stupid slow internet!!!)

Jalandir-

"On the contrary," I said, "Free Magic constructs can only be detected by Free Magic sorcerers. Which gives a distinct disadvantage when encountering our special friend, but is of immeasurable use against all other Charter Mages."

4/19/2011 #102
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Same here!)

~Sorienne~

'But not so much when they start checking people's Charter marks,' I pointed out.

4/19/2011 #103
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I should go anyway. I have an early morning! I need to get up in 4 hours! :P)

Jalandir-

"Well, it depends on who is checking," I said, grinning.

4/19/2011 #104
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Okay. I should be getting on with work, too. :P Laters!)

~Sorienne~

'Someone who checks properly,' I clarifed, grinning back.

4/19/2011 #105
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"The counter-measure against that would be to simply cover up your Free Magic rune, rather than trying to cast a false Charter Mark," I said. "If you do not appear to have one, they cannot check it. Still a risk, but adequate for navigating the fringes of society."

4/19/2011 #106
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Fair enough,' I replied, nodding. 'There are so many ways to hide from people and avoid detection. Charter knows how people think they can spot everyone who tried to sneak around.'

4/19/2011 #107
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"You and I prove them wrong," I said with a smile.

4/19/2011 #108
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'We do indeed,' I agreed. 'Most likely because we do not do anything that people would expect.'

4/19/2011 #109
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I raised my eyebrows. "You know so much about me already."

4/19/2011 #110
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I shrugged. 'Well, you have already said that you have outlived most of those in your profession,' I said.

4/19/2011 #111
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"That I know of," I said. "Any who are older than myself are probably just as secretive."

4/19/2011 #112
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Or they are powerful enough to have resisted any Abhorsens who have bothered them before,' I added.

4/19/2011 #113
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I haven't heard of any, though," I said. "When it comes to necromancers and the Abhorsen, the necromancers are always at a disadvantage."

4/19/2011 #114
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Although probably not this time,' I said.

4/19/2011 #115
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I stopped carving the trunk of the tree. "What's this Abhorsen like, then?"

4/19/2011 #116
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Pathetic, untrained, emotionally fragile...' I counted the things off on my fingers. 'Used to be a prostitute, too.'

4/19/2011 #117
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"So those rumours are true," I mused. "I suppose the apple falls far from the tree, in this case. Lirael Goldenhand very nearly tracked me down."

4/19/2011 #118
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Well, this one won't,' I said. 'Or if she does, it'll be a fluke. I'd consider her more of an annoyance than an actual threat. And that goes for practically anything she might have to go after.'

4/19/2011 #119
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I found myself relaxing minutely. Among necromancers, the Abhorsen was someone to be feared. But if what Sorienne was saying was true...

"I hope you are not exaggerating," I said.

4/19/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member