The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

Another one? Man... :P

4/25/2011 #1
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Odette and I looked at each other for a moment, and then we started walking further down the corridor - to Odette's room.

'I had a really lovely evening, Aedyn,' she said when we stopped outside the door.

I smiled. 'That's good. Uh... would you - like to go out for dinner again some time? I mean, I've got a busy day tomorrow, but how about the day after that?'

Odette smiled back. 'I'd like that,' she replied, and I tried not to look too relieved.

'Good,' I said, my smiled getting wider. 'Uh... well, good night then.'

On an impluse, I took her hand and kissed it - then wondered if I was being too forward. Odette seemed surprised at first, but then she smiled and blushed a little - I felt unbelievably relieved again.

'Good night,' she said, opening the door to her room. I nodded back, then watched her door close. Then I realised that I was just staring at her door, and probably looking like a complete idiot, so I turned and went quickly into my own room.

4/25/2011 #2
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Aww...)

Darod-

I bedded down without too much trouble, and tried to get to sleep. I had a lot to do tomorrow - go to the group, attend the meeting about Sorienne, and also visit Imeo at the Creaky Wheel. And for all of that, I would need a good night's sleep. Fortunately, the rather good dinner would help with that.

4/25/2011 #3
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: ^_^)

~Aedyn~

I returned to my room in a very good mood, and with a rather silly smile on my face. I got myself ready for bed, and briefly thought about getting things ready for that meeting tomorrow - but then I found myself thinking about Odette again. She really was very pretty, and such a nice person on top of that. And I was seeing her again in two days' time. Actually, I would be seeing her tomorrow, at that meeting, but ot in the same way. But I would still be seeing her.

4/25/2011 #4
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Aedyn's silly.)

Darod-

I woke up, and had no way to tell what time it was. I listened, and heard a couple people moving outside in the hallways. Well, at least some people were up. I slowly got out of bed, and started getting ready.

4/25/2011 #5
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yus he is.)

~Aedyn~

I woke the following morning having had a rather lovely dream, and it was only when I splashed cold water on my face that I stopped smiling like a lunatic. I was on duty for almost the whole day today, so I couldn't be distracted by thoughts of Odette - even though I would be seeing her later today. The meeting about Sorienne was sceduled for just after lunch, but I had a lot of paperwork to do in the office this morning.

4/25/2011 #6
Sanaryelle

Darod-

I left my room, and asked the first person I passed in the hallway how early in the morning it was. Having received a satisfactory answer, I made my way slowly towards the main hall. Maybe I could find a servant to take me to the infirmary.

4/25/2011 #7
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I had my breakfast in the dining hall, along with the other guards who would be on duty that morning. Several of them started asking me how last night went, and that silly grin threatened to make a come-back while I told them.

4/25/2011 #8
Sanaryelle

Darod-

I eventually had someone take me up to the infirmary. The healers rebandaged my eyes, and gave me some breakfast. There was still some time until the meeting, so I stayed in the infirmary, trying to make polite conversation with the healers.

4/25/2011 #9
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

After breakfast, I headed over to the office. As I'd predicted, the Captain wasn't there yet - probably sleeping in again - so I got started on reading one of the reports that was on the desk. It had actually started to become a regular thing, the Captain turning up late, and it had started before all that business with 'Vanelle' so I knew that he wasn't just sulking about that. I kept meaning to have a quiet word with him about it.

4/25/2011 #10
Sanaryelle

Darod-

Finally, it was time for the group session. The Healer leading the session brought me next door, and led me to a chair. I could hear various other people coming in and taking seats as well. There were about eight others. We each went around the circle, introducing ourselves. There were some people who had lost limbs, others who had developed debilitating fears, a man who had been burned over half his body... It was a rather sordid group.

For the first hour or so, I just listened to everyone talk about how difficult their lives had been, how they tried to look on the positive side, what small steps forward they had taken, and other such boring stuff. The Healer tried to engage me by asking questions, but eventually my monosyllabic answers discouraged him. So far, I hadn't heard anything interesting or helpful.

4/25/2011 #11
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

About an hour later, there was a knock at the office door, and I got up to answer it.

'The King wishes to speak with the Captain,' announced a man.

'The Captain... is not here currently,' I replied, wondering where the hell he was.

The man frowned. 'I - was told he was on duty this morning.'

'Uh... he is meant to be,' I admitted. 'But I haven't seen him yet.'

The man frowned even more. 'I see. The King wishes to speak with him as soon as possible, and His Majesty does not like to be kept waiting.'

'I know,' I said, nodding. 'When the Captain arrives, I will tell him.'

'Thank you, Vice Captain,' the man said, nodding back. He turned and left, and I raised my eyebrows slightly as I headed back to the desk.

4/25/2011 #12
Sanaryelle

(OOC: When we time-skip forward to the next arc, will Aedyn be Captain?)

Darod-

Finally, the Healer must have gotten impatient with me, because he asked me what I wanted out of this meeting.

"Frankly," I said, "I want a place to live and a job. My pension isn't enough to get a third-rate room in any part of the city, and I can't think of any jobs a blind man can do."

There was a short pause. "Well... what sorts of skills do you have?" asked the Healer.

"I used to be a Messenger," I said. "I could ride, and track people."

There was a longer pause.

"Anything else?" asked the Healer.

I sighed. "I don't know - archery?"

"Archery?" said one of the others - a woman who had lost her leg. "Can you fletch arrows?"

"I guess," I said. "I haven't tried since my accident."

"My cousin works at a fletcher's," the woman explained. "He told me about a job opening. The place is really close to the Palace - in the square where they have that mural of the Barbarian Invasion."

I nodded; this actually sounded rather promising.

4/25/2011 #13
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Probably.)

~Aedyn~

The Captain finally showed up around mid-morning, and he strolled into the office casually, as though he wasn't late at all. I just looked at him.

'What?' he asked, after he noticed me.

'The King wanted to speak with you this morning, sir,' I said. 'And you weren't here.'

The Captain blinked. 'Oh.'

'Might I suggest that you go and see what he wanted to speak with you about?' I asked. 'It might have been something important.'

'I suppose I should,' the Captain mumbled, looking rather embarrassed as he got up again. He was probably secretly pleased that he didn't have to start doing paperwork just yet.

4/25/2011 #14
Sanaryelle

Darod-

The Healer took me back to the infirmary after the meeting. He asked me what I'd thought of it, but I didn't really give him any encouraging answers. I was still thinking about this fletchers' job. The Healer then asked if I would participate in the group every week, and I gave him a noncommittal answer. I seriously doubted I'd return, though. The first hour had been excruciating, and only the five minutes talking with the one-legged woman had been worth it.

I stayed in the infirmary for lunch, and the Healers called a servant to take me back to my room. I remembered the meeting, and told the servant to take me to the Vice Captain instead.

4/25/2011 #15
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I had a quick lunch, and then returned to my room to get everything ready for the meeting this afternoon. All the patrol groups had returned now, and Darod, Ricon and Braya were the only team to have found anything at all, so it was time to decide what to do. Normally, I would just send a larger group out, but now we had suspicions that there was a Free Magic sorcerer in or around those mountains too, and that complicated things. Obviously, I didn't want to send a load of guards out, only for them to end up injured or killed.

4/25/2011 #16
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"We're here," the servant announced, before letting go of my sleeve and just leaving me there.

I sighed, and felt around, finally locating the door, and knocked on it. "Vice Captain?"

4/25/2011 #17
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I looked up from the pile of papers, recognising Darod's voice. I opened the door.

'Darod?'

4/25/2011 #18
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"The meeting's going to start soon, isn't it?" I asked. I really wasn't sure of the time.

4/25/2011 #19
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'It will start in about half an hour,' I said. 'I'm just getting the paperwork ready for it now.'

4/25/2011 #20
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"Oh," I said, nodding. "Did you want me to wait out here?"

4/25/2011 #21
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I don't mind,' I said. 'Oh - how was that support group this morning?'

4/25/2011 #22
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"Boring," I said, stepping cautiously into the room. "As expected, it was a bunch of people whining about how difficult their lives were. But I did manage to get a lead on a possible job."

4/25/2011 . Edited by Fishy Biscuits, 4/26/2011 #23
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Oh?' I said. 'What job?'

4/26/2011 #24
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"Fletcher," I said. "I'm not certain if I can still do it, but I suppose it's worth a try."

4/26/2011 #25
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Well, that's good,' I said. 'I thought someone there might be able to help you.'

4/26/2011 #26
Sanaryelle

Darod-

"All right," I said flatly. "You were right. You don't have to gloat."

4/26/2011 #27
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I wasn't gloating,' I said, rolling my eyes.

4/26/2011 #28
Sanaryelle

Darod-

I didn't want to argue with him. "Don't let me keep you from your paperwork," I said.

4/26/2011 #29
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Do you... want me to take you to the meeting room when I'm done?' I asked.

4/26/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member