The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

We entered the inn, and I nodded at the innkeeper as we headed up the stairs. I brought Idriel into my room, and closed the door. "Are you all right?" I asked cautiously.

7/16/2011 #2,971
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Not really,' I said. I was still glaring at the floor.

7/16/2011 #2,972
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"I suppose you won't be seeing Oliver tonight, then," I said quietly.

7/16/2011 #2,973
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I didn't say anything. I wanted to see Oliver more than anything now.

7/16/2011 #2,974
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I sat down on my bed. "Maybe it's best that we keep a low profile from now on."

7/16/2011 #2,975
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded, but still didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say, really.

7/16/2011 #2,976
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I was at a loss. The innkeeper knocked on the door, and gave me a letter that had been dropped off while we had been out.

"It's for you," I said to Idriel. "It's from Drystan."

7/16/2011 #2,977
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded, but didn't take the letter. Instead, I stood up and went into my room, and then lay down on the bed. I didn't quite know what to do now.

7/16/2011 #2,978
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I sighed, put the letter down on Idriel's endtable, and returned to my room. It would be best if I left her alone.

I read in my room, and then went down to the dining hall for dinner - Idriel didn't answer my knocks. I spent the night talking with other patrons of the inn, and trying to take my mind off Idriel.

7/16/2011 #2,979
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I glanced at Lord Drystan's letter a couple times, but I still didn't open it. Whatever it said, it would remind me of how I'd inevitably been last night - and after those things that the King had said, I didn't really want any more.

I wanted to see Oliver. I was supposed to be seeing him tonight - but now, I wasn't. I wondered if he'd guessed that I wouldn't be going. I wondered what he was doing instead. I wondered if he was all right. I couldn't take my mind off of him all evening.

7/16/2011 #2,980
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The night was quite chilly, so it didn't look odd to be wearing a cloak. I slipped into the alley behind the Silver Crescent, and looked up at the windows. I had visited Idriel's room before, and I was reasonably certain which one of the windows was hers. I stooped to pick up some pebbles, aimed carefully, and started throwing them at the glass.

7/16/2011 . Edited 7/16/2011 #2,981
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I blinked and sat up at the strange noise. What on earth was it? There it was again - like something hitting my window.

I frowned, wiped my eyes, went over to the window, and opened the curtains. I blinked again and started as a small pebble hit the window right in front of my face. Who the hell was throwing stones at my window? I looked down to the alley below my window - and stared. Then I hurriedly opened the window and leaned out.

'Oliver?'

7/16/2011 #2,982
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Shh," I cautioned, looking around. "Can you climb down?"

7/16/2011 #2,983
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I quickly examined the window, and wall around and below it. There wasn't much to hold onto, but still...

'Probably,' I whispered, pushing the window open wider.

7/16/2011 #2,984
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded and moved closer to the wall. If she fell, I might not be able to catch her - but I could break her fall, somewhat.

7/16/2011 #2,985
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I carefully got up onto the window ledge and climbed out. Getting down was going to be harder than it looked... But still - I wasn't exactly going to change my mind and go back inside, was I. I gingerly lowered myself down, holding on to the window ledge as much as possible before I had to let go.

7/16/2011 #2,986
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I tried to catch Idriel. I didn't exactly catch her, but as planned, I broke her fall. And possibly my spleen.

7/16/2011 #2,987
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: lol, Oliver!)

~Idriel~

Oliver and I picked ourselves up off the ground. 'You all right?' I asked him.

7/16/2011 #2,988
Sanaryelle

(OOC: ^_^)

Oliver-

"More or less," I said ruefully, straightening my cloak.

7/16/2011 #2,989
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I smiled, and then flung my arms around his neck.

7/16/2011 #2,990
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I held Idriel tightly. "I'm sorry we have to see each other like this," I said. "Thanks to the King, we can't be seen together." Bastard.

7/16/2011 #2,991
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I know,' I said softly. 'But it's better than not seeing each other at all.' I pulled back slightly and looked at Oliver. 'Are you all right, though? After - what happened?'

7/16/2011 #2,992
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"They didn't do anything to me," I said reassuringly. Granted, the prospect of getting dragged who-knows-where by the Captain to have who-knows-what done to me had been very frightening at the time.

7/16/2011 #2,993
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Good,' I said. 'I can't believe he'd go so far as to threaten you, though.'

7/16/2011 #2,994
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I wanted to rip his head off," I muttered. Using me to get to Idriel - that was exactly what I'd been afraid of so long ago.

7/16/2011 #2,995
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Shleepy... :P)

~Idriel~

'Me too,' I agreed. 'I still do.'

7/16/2011 #2,996
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *sigh* Fine.... :P)

Oliver-

"But that doesn't mean we have to stop seeing each other," I said quietly. "At least, until all this is sorted out."

I heard voices and footsteps approaching, and ushered Idriel into the shadow of the inn.

7/16/2011 #2,997
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I'll be back again later! :P Night!)

~Idriel~

I waited until the footsteps had died away.

'We should have got married when we had the chance,' I said softly.

7/16/2011 #2,998
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Bye!)

Oliver-

"Don't think about that now," I whispered, caressing her cheek.

7/16/2011 #2,999
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Back! ^_^)

~Idriel~

I looked up at Oliver for a moment, and then practically threw myself at him and kissed him.

7/16/2011 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member