The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I finished my breakfast as quickly as I could, and stood up. "Why don't we start that tour of the grounds?" I said. "After, when Idriel's... free, we can have that sparring match and lesson."

5/8/2011 #31
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I got up too. 'That sounds like a good idea,' I said, pointedly not looking at Oliver and Idriel.

5/8/2011 #32
Sanaryelle

Orien-

I grabbed a piece of fruit, and got up too. "Let's go," I said hastily.

5/8/2011 #33
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

Orien and I followed Cariel out of the room. Just as the door closed behind us, I heard soft moaning coming from Oliver and Idriel.

5/8/2011 #34
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I beckoned over a sending, and nodded at the door. "See that they don't get too carried away," I instructed. The sending nodded, and slipped into the room. As I led Yvanna and Orien towards the front door, I heard the crash of a chair being tipped over.

5/8/2011 #35
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: lol!)

~Yvanna~

I snorted with laughter, and glanced back at the door when I heard a torrent of swearing - from Oliver, of course.

5/8/2011 #36
Sanaryelle

(OOC: ^_^)

Orien-

I chuckled as Cariel led us outside. "You know that won't stop them for long," I said.

Cariel shrugged and grinned. "I know. But it was worth it."

5/8/2011 #37
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I nodded fervantly in agreement, and then stopped to stare at the gardens. There was a huge tree in the middle of the immaculate lawn, and I thought I could hear the gentle splashing of water.

5/8/2011 #38
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"That's the Great Fig Tree," I said, noticing the direction of Yvanna's gaze. "They say the first Abhorsen pitched his tent under it, before this House was built."

5/8/2011 #39
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Really?' I asked, staring at the tree. 'It's huge! How old is it?'

5/8/2011 #40
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I shrugged. "Hundreds - perhaps thousands of years old." I gestured to the right. "And that's the orchard. If you move closer, you can see the spells on the trees."

Orien walked past the shrubs bordering the path, and examined the trees. "So that's how you can have fruit in winter," she said excitedly.

5/8/2011 #41
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I looked closely at some of the trees, but I couldn't see anything different about them. Except for the fact that they had loads of healthy-looking fruit on them.

5/8/2011 #42
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"And on the south lawn is Alliel's fountain," I said, leading the way down the path.

5/8/2011 #43
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Who's Alliel?' I asked, curious.

5/8/2011 #44
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"One of the past Abhorsens," said Cariel. "There's also Yezael's shed, further on, named after another past Abhorsen. Or there was, until Oliver burned it down."

"Oliver did what?" I said. "Was he drunk?"

"He was, actually," said Cariel, looking amused.

5/8/2011 #45
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I rolled my eyes. 'For some reason, that really doesn't surprise me,' I said. 'Oh - looks like someone's almost rebuilt it now.'

5/8/2011 #46
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"The sendings have been having fun with their new project," I said as we approached the oak grove. "Oh - that's the Western Courtyard. We used to do sword practice there."

"Where does that gate lead?" asked Orien curiously.

"To the stepping stones," I answered.

5/8/2011 #47
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I remembered Idriel saying something about stepping stones. 'Can I just ask - why exactly is your house in the middle of a river?' I said. 'Isn't that a bit... impractical?'

5/8/2011 #48
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Not if you want to be safe from the Dead," I answered.

"Of course," said Orien. "If the Dead do walk..."

"Seek water's run," I said, completing the first line of the old rhyme.

"The Dead can't cross running water," Orien explained to Yvanna.

5/8/2011 #49
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I shook my head. 'I still don't really understand this whole 'dead' thing,' I said. 'I mean, the closest I've ever seen to a walking corpse is Orien, when she gets up early.'

5/8/2011 #50
Sanaryelle

Orien-

"Oh, ha ha," I deadpanned.

"Well, count yourself lucky," said Cariel grimly.

5/8/2011 #51
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I poked my tongue out at Orien.

'Well, I just don't understand how a dead body can start walking around,' I said, shrugging. 'If someone's dead, then surely that's it - they're dead.'

5/8/2011 #52
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Not here," I said. "A couple thousand years ago, some people found out that they could go into Death."

Orien blinked. "Um - what?"

"Essentially, you leave your body behind, and your spirit goes into Death."

5/8/2011 . Edited 5/8/2011 #53
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'So... they found out that they could die?' I asked, frowning. 'Well, wasn't that a bit obvious?'

5/8/2011 #54
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Yes, but these people could go there willingly - and come back," I said.

5/8/2011 #55
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

I frowned. 'Um... how does that work?' I asked.

5/8/2011 #56
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I smiled. "I'm not sure if I can explain it. But those people found that they could control the spirits of the Dead - even cause them to come back. Those were the necromancers, and that is how they raised the Dead, first using their voices. Free Magic."

5/8/2011 #57
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

This wasn't making the slightest bit of sense to me. 'But - how exactly does all that work?' I asked. 'You can't find people's spirits after they die.'

5/8/2011 #58
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"You can, actually," I said, smiling. "I've been in Death. I've seen them."

"You - what?" said Orien.

5/8/2011 #59
Fishy Biscuits

~Yvanna~

'Wait, wait, wait!' I said. This was all getting very weird. 'You're saying that you've... died?'

5/8/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member