The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I do want to stay with you," I said, trying to calm down. "It's this... marriage thing that I'm not sure about."

5/26/2011 #91
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'All it would be, is something that allows us to be together whenever we want, instead of just at the House,' I said. 'As far as I'm concerned, it wouldn't change anything between us. I just don't see what your problem with it is.'

5/26/2011 #92
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"No," I said flatly. "You don't."

5/26/2011 #93
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I looked at Oliver and tried not to glare. 'Then could you tell me?' I asked. 'So maybe I could understand?'

5/26/2011 #94
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I've tried," I said, "and I can't. So could you just let me make this decision on my own, before going on about how unreasonable I'm being?"

5/26/2011 #95
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'What do you think I'm doing?' I asked flatly. 'I haven't mentioned it at all, apart from today, and that was only because you brought it up first.'

5/26/2011 #96
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I turned away slightly. I didn't want to do this; I didn't want to argue with her.

5/26/2011 #97
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I looked at Oliver for a moment, and then turned away and carried on walking. 'Let's just go back to the Paperwing,' I said flatly.

5/26/2011 #98
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I lowered my head, considering, and then looked at Idriel sidelong. I didn't want to leave it like this, but then what else could I do? I gave a small sigh, and then started to follow Idriel.

5/26/2011 #99
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

We walked back to the Paperwing in silence. I tried to calm down and stop feeling so annoyed with Oliver, but it was hard. I had thought that he'd agree to the idea in the end, but now I wasn't so sure.

I paused when we got to the craft, and glanced at Oliver. 'Do you want to have a go?' I asked, trying to sound normal.

5/26/2011 #100
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I glanced at Idriel. Neither of us were calm enough. Idriel wouldn't be able to concentrate properly on teaching, and I wouldn't be able to concentrate properly on flying the damn thing. Even if I managed to get it to take off, it'd probably crash.

I shook my head slightly. "You take it."

5/26/2011 #101
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sighed and went over to the front seat. 'Fine,' I said, swinging my pack off my shoulders and sitting down.

5/26/2011 #102
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

Again with the 'fine'. Was Idriel so accustomed to insisting that everything was 'fine'? I tried not to think about why that would be.

I settled myself in the back seat, putting the package of art supplies securely in a side receptacle.

5/26/2011 #103
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I tried to calm myself down a bit more, and then licked my lips and whistled up the wind.

5/26/2011 #104
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The Paperwing took off a little shakily, but remained in the air. Was it just me, or were the winds a bit more fierce than they usually were?

I put my hand on Idriel's shoulder, and squeezed slightly. I was sorry - not exactly for my behaviour, but for this whole bloody situation.

5/26/2011 #105
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I shrugged Oliver's hand off and concentrated on flying. The wind was a bit stronger than usual, but I didn't think that that had anything to do with the spells I'd cast.

5/26/2011 #106
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I let out my breath in a huff and turned my head to the side. Fine.

5/26/2011 #107
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I didn't say anything. The wind was getting slightly stronger; maybe there was a storm coming or something. If it started getting really bad, I'd have to land - but I hoped that that wouldn't happen. Things still felt awkward between me and Oliver.

5/26/2011 #108
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I should go!)

Oliver-

The wind was picking up, and Idriel seemed to be having a difficult time staying on course. Soon I could feel the wings of the aircraft vibrate with the strain. I frowned slightly; this couldn't all be due to Idriel calling up some strong winds.

5/26/2011 #109
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Nooooo!)

~Idriel~

I whistled a few Charter marks, but they didn't seem to calm the winds very much. I sighed; it looked like I'd have to land. I didn't want to risk anything. I whistled again, casting the marks that should start to take the Paperwing down.

5/26/2011 #110
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I have an early start tomorrow!)

Oliver-

The nose of the Paperwing angled down slightly. "Are we landing?" I asked, raising my voice to be heard above the wind.

5/26/2011 #111
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Ohh... *pouts*)

~Idriel~

'Yes,' I replied, having to raise my voice a bit too. 'I think there might be a storm coming, and I don't want to risk anything.'

5/26/2011 #112
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Bye!)

Oliver-

I nodded, though Idriel couldn't see me. I wasn't looking forward to having to talk to her when we landed - but it was better than flying through a storm and risking a crash. Like flying into a mountain, maybe?

5/26/2011 #113
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Bye!)

~Idriel~

Fortunately, the Paperwing did as it was told and landed - although the landing was rather bumpy. I climbed out of the craft and looked up at the sky. I could see dark clouds coming in - it looked like I'd been right about the storm.

'There's a tent in my pack,' I said to Oliver, as I started rummaging through all the things that the sendings had packed for me. There would only be one tent, and it would probably be a rather small one, but it couldn't be helped. I didn't really want to get wet right now.

5/26/2011 #114
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

Idriel and I put up the tent in silence. We had the small structure set up, threw in our packs, and went through the tent flap just as the droplets of rain started to fall. Within a minute, those few drops had turned into a downpour, which pattered loudly against the tent.

I pulled up my knees to give Idriel more room - it really was a tent made for one - and listened to the storm raging outside.

5/26/2011 #115
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I'd never imagined that sitting in a small tent with Oliver could be so awkward. He wasn't speaking to me, and I had no idea of what to say to him. Should I apologise for the way I'd been earlier? Should I try talking about something completely different? Was Oliver still annoyed with me? Charter, I had no idea.

5/26/2011 #116
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

As I shifted to try to get into a more comfortable position, my foot brushed Idriel's leg and I jerked it away. Charter, this was just like that time at the inn at Pond Village - except much, much worse, in a way.

5/26/2011 #117
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I glanced briefly at Oliver as his foot brushed against my leg, but neither of us said anything. I didn't know why Oliver wasn't talking to me; was it because he couldn't think of what to say? Or was he still pissed off with me?

5/26/2011 #118
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

The rain was getting really loud. And things inside the tent were getting very awkward. I wanted to say something - anything - but I had no idea what to say. Finally, when the silence became unbearable, I got up, went to the flap of the tent, and ducked outside.

We were in the middle of some grassy plains, with the odd shrub here and there, but there wasn't any cover. I took a few steps away from the tent. The rain was coming down in torrents now, and instantly I was soaked, but I didn't mind - not now. It gave me something else to think about.

5/26/2011 #119
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Hello! Old English grammar makes my head hurt...)

~Idriel~

I watched Oliver leave the tent, and then sighed. He evidently didn't want to be near me at the moment - probably because he was still pissed off with me. I had had no idea that this marriage issue was going to cause so much trouble. If I was honest, I still didn't see what Oliver's problem was with it. I'd promised him that I'd never look at anyone else, and that I wouldn't get tired of him - so what was the problem? Was he not sure if he wanted to stay with me forever? Was that it? But how could I ask him that without offending him?

I sighed again and leaned back on my pack. Charter, why was this so difficult?

5/26/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member