The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Too many questions," I said, and answered them all by rolling onto the grass and taking Idriel with me.

(OOC: Cut soon?)

5/27/2011 . Edited 5/27/2011 #181
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I think so. :P)

~Idriel~

I rested my head on Oliver's chest, and lightly ran my fingers down his side. We were both very muddy now, and rather out of breath, but we were both smiling.

5/27/2011 #182
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I grinned at Idriel. "That was..." I shook my head.

5/27/2011 #183
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I agree,' I replied, grinning back.

5/27/2011 #184
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I rested my head back on the muddy ground - it made no difference - and looked at the grey sky. "I suppose we ought to start heading back..."

5/27/2011 #185
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Mm,' I agreed. 'There's still enough light to see by. Do you want a go at flying this time?'

5/27/2011 #186
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to risk it?"

5/27/2011 #187
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I smiled. 'I think I'm up for it.'

5/27/2011 #188
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Right." I paused. "You will have to get up."

5/27/2011 #189
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Damn...' I muttered, but I pushed myself up anyway and grinned down at Oliver. He really was incredibly muddy.

5/27/2011 #190
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I pushed myself up, slipped a little, and somehow managed to get to my feet. I glanced down at my clothes. "The sendings are going to have fun cleaning these," I remarked.

5/27/2011 #191
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'And we're going to have fun explaining it to the others,' I added with a grin. 'How about we say that I had to do an emergency landing because of the storm, and we ended up rolling across a muddy field?'

5/27/2011 #192
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Right," I said as we headed towards the tent. "Because they're really going to believe that."

5/27/2011 #193
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I guess so,' I sighed. 'And neither of us are particularly good at doing innocent looks.'

5/27/2011 #194
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

We went inside the tent, and started to pack up. "What if we don't say anything at all?" I suggested.

5/27/2011 #195
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'We probably won't need to say anything,' I said wryly, picking up the package of art supplies. Thankfully, the items were wrapped up, and so were protected from the mud and rain.

5/27/2011 #196
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Good point," I sighed. Soon we had everything packed up and stowed away, including the tent. And Idriel was breathing on a pane of glass and telling me to pay attention to the Charter Marks I'd see.

5/27/2011 #197
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Just watch them,' I said, as the first mark started to appear on the mirror. 'These are the basic marks you'll need. I don't know much more than this myself.'

5/27/2011 #198
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded, and tried to pay close attention. I recognized a few marks from the weather spell I'd cast on the mountain. They were all rather similar, and I hoped I wouldn't mix them up.

5/27/2011 #199
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I was tempted to kiss Oliver as he watched the marks, but I didn't want to distract him. The final one faded, and the mirror cleared.

'Think you've got them all?' I asked.

5/27/2011 #200
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Yes," I said wryly, "but I'm not completely sure which ones are which. Never mind, though - how hard can it be?"

5/27/2011 #201
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Exactly,' I said, climbing into the back seat of the Paperwing, which felt strange. 'It's really not as hard as it looks, to get the hang of the basics. I managed to do it all right on my first try, remember?'

5/27/2011 #202
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"Right," I said, nodding briskly. I settled myself in the front hammock seat, and put on the shoulder straps. I paused. "Er - what now?"

5/27/2011 #203
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Whistle the lifting winds,' I said. 'They were the first few marks you saw. If you want, you can look at them again.'

5/27/2011 #204
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

"I think I know them," I said, and started whistling a Charter Mark. A wind sprang up in the wrong direction, so I stopped whistling and thought for a moment before trying again. Finally, a wind began to build behind us. I raised the pitch slightly, which raised the strength of the wind, and finally I cast the mark to awake the Paperwing.

5/27/2011 #205
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I smiled; so far, so good. 'Go for it,' I said, leaning forward slightly so that Oliver could hear me over the rising wind.

5/27/2011 #206
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

I nodded, unable to answer Idriel because I had to keep whistling. The Paperwing seemed to shiver all over, and I was surprised to find that I was picking up emotional cues from it - just like riding a horse. And this Paperwing was eager to be off.

I strengthened the wind, and soon the Paperwing was skimming along the grass, before finally lifting up into the air. I almost stopped whistling out of surprise - it worked! - but I had to maintain the wind until we got to a comfortable cruising height.

5/27/2011 #207
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I grinned and settled myself back in the hammock seat. It was rather nice, not having to fly the Paperwing myself for once, and Oliver seemed to be doing just fine. I guessed that he might need a bit of help with landing when we got closer to the House, but for now everything was going fine.

5/27/2011 #208
Sanaryelle

Oliver-

When we finally managed to cruise at a comfortable wind, I leaned back in the seat and allowed myself a sigh of relief. That had been quite nerve-wracking. I was still rather on edge, but to tell the truth, flying this thing was fun.

5/27/2011 #209
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Switch the the House?)

~Idriel~

I looked over the side of the Paperwing to watch the land go by underneath us. Everything looked so small from up here - I hadn't really noticed that before, seeing as I'd been the pilot pretty much every time that I'd been flying. It was actually very pretty, even with the greyish sky.

5/27/2011 #210
« Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member