The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

A fairly large city on the River Yanyl. Contains the forges, workshops, and headquarters of the Wallmakers.

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #1
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I put away my tools. Working at the forge was always tiring, hot work, but it was especially so in late summer. It seemed like I'd spent the entire day over the roaring fire, and I was looking forward to a quiet, relaxing evening.

Someone knocked on the door and came in without waiting for me to acknowledge them. I didn't even need to look to guess who it was. "Gal," I said tiredly as I hung up my leather apron, "if you're here to tell me that there's another order of armour in, and you agreed to it without telling me because the deal was simply too good to refuse, then you'll have to find yourself another Wallmaker. I'm not working all night again just because you allowed your business sense to get in the way of your common sense."

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'Oh, come on,' I said, leaning casually against the wall and fiddling with my new beard - I was trying out a curly one this time. 'You know you love it. And it's not a very big order this time. And I've got several swords to make too. It won't be that bad.'

6/29/2011 #3
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I sighed. "I was looking forward to relaxing tonight, and -" I turned and blinked. "That's a new one."

6/29/2011 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'What do you think of it?' I asked. 'Good? Bad? Better or worse than the last one?'

6/29/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Terrible," I said flatly. "Curls don't suit you at all."

6/29/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'Not even if I made my hair curly too?' I asked.

6/29/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I raised my eyebrows, and just let my expression say everything.

6/29/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'Oh, fine, fine,' I said. 'I'll do a different one tomorrow. How about a really long one?'

6/29/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Wallmaker work around forges, Gal," I said flatly. "They don't have long beards for a reason."

6/29/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'I could tie it back,' I said defensively. 'I've always wanted to try out a long one.'

6/29/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Why don't you braid it with pretty flowers?" I suggested, rolling my eyes.

6/29/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

I thought for a moment. 'You know, I haven't tried one like that,' I said. 'Good idea! Thanks, Ela!' I slapped her on the back.

6/29/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I'll notify the portrait-makers," I muttered, and banked the coals in the hearth. I hung up the poker, and turned to Galeren, crossing my arms. "So, tell me about this job."

6/29/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'It's from the Earl of Olmond,' I explained. 'He's heading over to Belisaere for some reason with his son and a load of men, and he's asked for some armour and weapons for his higher-ranking men. There're six of them, I think.'

6/29/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Six full sets of armour?" I said. "How long have we got, then?"

6/29/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'He said he'd like to be able to pick them up on his way back,' I replied. 'So, we've got a while. Around a couple months, I think he said.'

6/29/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Two, maybe three days per suit," I muttered, thinking. "That's a lot of work. You do realize that I've already got a full load?"

6/29/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'It's still a full load?' I asked. 'I thought you'd been getting a lot of it done recently.'

6/29/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I was getting it done so I could actually enjoy the evenings, maybe even take a couple of days off," I said.

6/29/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'You and your days off,' I said, shaking my head fondly. 'You always want some.'

6/29/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"What's wrong with that?" I asked. "Everyone else gets days off. I love making armour, but that doesn't mean I want to do it all the time."

6/29/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'Well, when does your other lot have to be done by?' I asked.

6/29/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"The merchant guards want their order by the end of the month," I said. "And Lady Dreda ordered three suits of fancy armour, and each of those are going to take a long time. Can't you bring another Wallmaker in on this?"

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'I suppose I could, if you're really admitting defeat,' I teased.

6/29/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I'm not admitting defeat," I said. "I'm just trying to make a point. You can't accept every single offer that comes our way."

6/29/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'I don't!' I said. 'But the Earl was offering a rather good amount of money, and I couldn't resist.'

6/29/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Of course you couldn't," I said wryly. Finally, I sighed. "All right. I'll do the armour, but only the breastplate, helm, and gauntlets. Bring in someone else to do all the easy joining bits."

6/29/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Galeren~

'All right,' I said. 'I'll get someone on it tomorrow.'

6/29/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Thank you," I said, and took the keys from my pocket to lock the forge.

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member