The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'Do you want my cloak again?' I asked, offering it to Cariel. I'd left it on the sand with our packs before we'd gone in the water.

8/30/2011 #2,971
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Aren't you going to be cold?" I asked.

8/30/2011 #2,972
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'I'll be all right,' I said with a grin.

8/30/2011 #2,973
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Well - then - thank you," I said.

8/30/2011 #2,974
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I smiled and draped the cloak around Cariel's shoulders. I was probably going to get rather cold as we walked back to the Palace, but I didn't want Cariel or Nate to catch colds.

8/30/2011 #2,975
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I smiled at Terin, and then wrapped Nate in a fold of the cloak. It really was quite warm.

8/30/2011 #2,976
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I picked up Cariel's pack before she could reach for it, and then swung it onto my shoulder.

'Let's go, then,' I said.

8/30/2011 . Edited 8/30/2011 #2,977
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Nice edit! ^_^)

Cariel-

We left the docks, and headed up the road for the Palace. "When's your next evening off?" I found myself asking Terin.

8/30/2011 #2,978
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: :P)

~Terin~

'I get most evenings off,' I replied. 'Not so many mornings or afternoons, though.'

8/30/2011 #2,979
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Well... maybe someday soon I can buy you that drink at a pub," I said, trying not to sound awkward.

8/30/2011 #2,980
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I grinned. 'Maybe we could get each other drunk on ale,' I said.

8/30/2011 #2,981
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I returned to Belisaere just before sunset, landing my Paperwing in the West Yard of the Palace. I got out of the craft, and winced as the wound in my shoulder protested. The Healer who had seen to it back at the village had told me that, while she had cast spells to fight off any infection, the Dead creature's teeth had managed to bite through the tendons, meaning that it would be a while before I could actually move my shoulder again. I had my arm in a sling now, and it was already getting very annoying.

Fortunately, I got to my room without meeting Cariel. I knew full well that she would give me some sort of lecture when she saw that I'd got myself hurt. To be honest, I probably deserved it. I'd been a bit distracted during the fight, thinking about Oliver. It had been my own stupid fault, really – but I still didn't want to hear that from my sister.

I was tired, so I unbuckled my sword and bandolier – with some difficulty, as I could only use one hand – and then settled myself down on my bed. I couldn't undress myself, so I would just have to sleep in my clothes for now. I closed my eyes, and it wasn't long before I drifted off.

I dreamt that I was lying in my bed, back at the House. I could feel someone lying close beside me, his warm arms wrapped securely around me. I turned my face into his neck and listened to his soft breathing, then glanced up at his face. Oliver looked so peaceful when he was asleep… I smiled to myself and cuddled up closer to him. I felt that I could stay like this forever.

8/30/2011 #2,982
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Then I'll see if you're really as boring when you're drunk as you claim to be," I said with a smile.

8/30/2011 #2,983
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'I never said that I was boring!' I said with mock-indignation.

8/30/2011 #2,984
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"You said you fall asleep!" I pointed out. "That's boring."

8/30/2011 #2,985
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'But I fall asleep in strange places!' I said. 'Or people put me in strange places. One of the two.'

8/30/2011 #2,986
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"That means I'll have to think of a strange place to put you," I said. "And I'll be too busy dancing for that."

8/30/2011 #2,987
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'I can't wait to see you dancing,' I said with a wide grin.

8/30/2011 #2,988
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Hopefully by that time you'll be asleep," I remarked. Just as I said 'asleep', a soft snore issued from Terin's cloak. I looked down at Nate, and smoothed his damp hair.

8/30/2011 #2,989
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I smiled down at Nate. 'Is he warm enough?' I asked, a little quieter.

8/30/2011 #2,990
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I nodded. "I think so. I could try a drying spell, but they're a little strong for babies."

8/30/2011 #2,991
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'What about a warming spell?' I asked. 'Do you think he needs one?'

8/30/2011 #2,992
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Not yet," I said, pulling the cloak a bit tighter around Nate. "It's not very good to cast many spells on small children. They need to learn how to handle the wet and cold themselves - up to a point."

8/30/2011 #2,993
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'All right,' I said, nodding. 'How about you? Are you warm enough?'

8/30/2011 #2,994
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"For now," I said with a smile. "Though, I should be asking you that question."

8/30/2011 #2,995
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I grinned. 'I'm fine. I suppose being in the Guard makes you used to the cold.'

8/30/2011 #2,996
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

We continued to walk up the road. Near the end of the journey, Nate woke up and started kicking, so I let him down for him to 'walk'. Then he wailed until I picked him up again, but he wouldn't sit still. Terin kept him amused by letting him grab his fingers - and in this fashion we returned to the Palace.

8/30/2011 #2,997
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

We passed a group of guards on the way into the Palace - fortunately, Oliver was not among them - and some of them smiled or grinned at us, and waved at Nate. Nate seemed too intent on catching my fingers to wave back at them.

8/30/2011 #2,998
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"You need to have a proper bath, and get dry," I said to Nate.

"Da?" he said, looking up at me.

I smiled. "Yes, you can play with your wooden duck."

"Da!" said Nate happily.

8/30/2011 #2,999
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'Do you want any help with that?' I asked, as we neared Cariel's rooms.

8/30/2011 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member