The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

A city in the west of the Old Kingdom.

8/20/2011 #1
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Aedyn rode at the head of our group, followed by Tarmin, and then myself and the guards. Tarmin's guards brought up the rear with the prisoners.

I couldn't help looking around as we rode through the city. Tarmin had been right; there were signs of poverty everywhere.

9/4/2011 #2
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I wanted to look around and see just how bad things were here, but I had to keep looking straight ahead and act like I didn't care. I remembered the drawing Tarmin had done, and followed the road towards Averet's manor house. It was clearly visible, and looked very elaborate - in stark contrast to the tiny, dishevelled homes we were passing now.

9/4/2011 #3
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

A dirty child wearing something that looked like a sack walked by, leading a skinny dog on a string. I bit my lip and tried to look forward, and Averet's house and our goal. I couldn't be distracted now.

9/4/2011 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Charter, this place was even worse than I'd expected... I didn't like the looks that we were getting from the people out on the streets, either. They looked like they both hated and feared us. Although, from what Tarmin had said about the way Averet and Gregior ran things here, I couldn't say that I was surprised.

9/4/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

We eventually reached the wall enclosing the courtyard in front of Averet's house. A guard at the top of the wall waved, and the portcullis slid up. We rode through into the courtyard. Tarmin dismounted, and we all followed suit.

"Prisoners, Esta," said Tarmin to another Corporal.

Esta nodded. "His Majesty wants to see you, sir," she said to Aedyn respectfully.

9/4/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I gave a short nod. Tarmin had said that Gregior would most likely be on the fourth floor of the building. I glanced at the group of guards who would be coming along with me; Tarmin and I had decided on the two groups as we'd been riding.

9/4/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I fell into formation with the other guards who would be accompanying Aedyn.

"We'll take this lot down," said Tarmin to Esta. "Lieutenant's orders."

Esta blinked, then glanced at Aedyn and nodded. "Very well." Tarmin glanced at us before her group took the prisoners down the back way to the dungeons. I hoped that she would find Lieutenant Osper down there.

The rest of us entered the main doors of the manor house. Keral, one of Tarmin's guards, walked near the front of the group with Aedyn to help us find our way.

9/4/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

The manor was even more elaborate inside than it was outside. Gregior and Averet - each on their own - probably had more than enough money to sort out the poverty problem in the city. Selfish bastards...

Keral subtly directed me up the main staircase, and then to the left. The few servants in the corridor either nodded to me, or got out of the way.

9/4/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Once we reached the top floor, we headed down the corridor until we reached a set of enormous double doors inlaid with gold and precious stones. Keral glanced at Aedyn and subtly nodded at the doors.

9/4/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I made a face at the excessive decoration on the doors. Really, this was just taking the piss.

At Keral's silent instruction, I knocked three times on the doors, and then waited.

9/4/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Lieutenant?" came a familiar voice that set my teeth on edge. "Is that you? Come on in."

9/4/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I pushed open the doors, and strode into the room. I almost stopped and stared; this room seemed to be decorated in mockery of a throne room.

9/4/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I almost faltered when I entered the room. Gregior was seated on an elaborately-carved chair on a dais. In another chair to his right sat a man who I assumed was Averet. Both of them were dressed in the finest velvets and furs and jewels, even though it was late summer. And Gregior was wearing - not a crown - but a golden circlet on his head. I wanted to punch him in the face.

9/4/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I hated having to do it, but I bowed to Gregior and Averet. Fortunately, the other guards also did so - and none of them glared or spat some form of insult, both of which would have been much more appropriate.

9/4/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Our hero returns!" said Gregior with a smile. "Well, Lieutenant? Was your mission successful? Did you find them?"

"Speak, idiot!" snarled Averet when Aedyn didn't immediately answer. "Answer the King when he addresses you!"

9/4/2011 . Edited 9/4/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'They're in the dungeons, Majesty,' I answered, putting on the best impression of the Lieutenant's voice that I could manage. 'All of them.'

9/4/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I tried not to wince at Aedyn's voice, but his words seemed to have distracted Gregior and Averet sufficiently.

"All of them?" Gregior said eagerly, standing up from his chair. "The usurper? And the Vice Captain?"

"Ex-Vice Captain," said Averet with a nasty sneer.

9/4/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'All of them,' I repeated, bowing again. 'Unconscious, too.'

9/4/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Gregior and Averet exchanged triumphant smiles.

"Thank you, Lieutenant," said Gregior. "There is so much to do... retaking Belisaere - my triumphant return - renewed vows of loyalty -"

"Public punishment for the traitors," said Averet.

The two men laughed and embraced.

9/4/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I bowed again - mostly to hide my smirk. These two were sickening, and very stupid on top of it.

9/4/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I abruptly realized I was scowling, and fixed my expression.

9/4/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Now was the time for improvisation, I assumed. I wasn't sure when the Queen wanted to make a move and reveal our true identities. I waited patiently for Gregior and Averet to tell me what they wanted me to do next.

9/4/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Well, well," said Gregior, half-laughing as he started to walk towards us. "Let's go see our guests, shall we?"

I walked forward until I was standing beside Aedyn. "We're right here," I said in a low voice.

Gregior and Averet stared at me, looking angry and confused.

9/4/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I glanced at the Queen and gave a small nod, and then we all allowed our glamours to dissolve. I couldn't resist smirking at the expressions on Gregior's and Averet's faces.

9/4/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

There was a shocked silence. And then -

"Seize them!" Gregior bellowed, pointing a shaking figure at me. He looked around, and realized that we were the only other ones in the room.

9/4/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I calmly drew my sword, and heard the other guards behind me following suit.

'Gregior,' I said levelly. 'Averet. You are both under arrest for multiple counts of attempted regicide.'

9/4/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Gregior laughed nervously and too loud. Averet merely glared.

"The archers in the woods between Belisaere and Sindle," I said quietly. "The mercenaries on the Upper Ratterlin. The guard patrol on the Westway."

Gregior and Averet exchanged glances.

9/4/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Not to mention the archer at the coronation feast, and the explosion in the city streets,' I added.

9/4/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"You cannot prove that I was involved with any of that!" Gregior said wildly.

I smiled grimly. "We can."

9/4/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member