The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Yup! ^_^ Will he end up falling for Elandri, though? Or will she have to club him over the head?)

Elandri-

"But it's so much more convenient!" I pointed out. "Besides, I'm the Queen, aren't I? I could make my prospective husband a Lord or a Duke or something."

9/11/2011 #1,021
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: He might end up falling for her, but I think he'd be too nervous to actually do/say anything, so she might have to club him over the head. And it'll probably be funnier that way. ^_^)

~Aedyn~

'But it would have to be for a reason other than his birthday,' I pointed out.

9/11/2011 #1,022
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Poor Aedyn. He'd be loving his Queen from afar... *sigh*)

Elandri-

"I'm sure I could come up with something," I said.

9/11/2011 #1,023
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *sigh* And then he could get adorably awkward and flustered around her, after she's clubbed him over the head...)

~Aedyn~

I laughed. 'And, to save another celebration, you could do that on your birthday too,' I said. 'Some monarchs made it a traditional thing, to give out titles and such on their birthdays.'

9/11/2011 #1,024
Sanaryelle

(OOC: And Elandri would be all ♥)

Elandri-

"How would someone earn a title?" I asked. Unlike with the Chancellor, I didn't feel like an idiot asking Aedyn these things.

9/11/2011 #1,025
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: D'aww...)

~Aedyn~

I shrugged. 'Various ways. Generally, if you feel that someone's done something to deserve one - and other people, like the Chancellor, agree - then you can probably give them one.'

9/11/2011 #1,026
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Although, they seem very chummy. Like, they wouldn't be sickeningly affectionate like Idriel and Oliver, or sweet like Terin and Cariel. Or not in public, at least.)

Elandri-

"I suppose I'd have to choose carefully," I said, thinking. "Maybe it would be too much change, right now. Perhaps later."

9/11/2011 #1,027
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yeah. I can see them having some sweet moments, but they'd probably want to keep it all in private.)

~Aedyn~

'You don't have to do it at all,' I pointed out, grinning cheekily. 'You might find a ready-made Duke or Lord.'

9/11/2011 #1,028
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Holding hands under the table. ^_^)

Elandri-

"Well, it seems my way is clear," I said decisively. "I will hold a ball - just as Sorsha suggested - for all single men born on the Day of Winds."

9/11/2011 . Edited by Fishy Biscuits, 9/11/2011 #1,029
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: D'aww... I can see them being good parents, too.)

~Aedyn~

'A good plan, Majesty,' I said, nodding and putting on a very straight face. 'A most excellent idea.'

9/11/2011 #1,030
Sanaryelle

(OOC: omg yes!!! Scolding their kid for stealing daddy's horse.)

Elandri-

"I know," I said seriously, nodding back.

9/11/2011 #1,031
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Horse/sword/surcoat/mummy's crown...)

~Aedyn~

'And you can have a special ballgown made,' I added. 'Very elaborate, of course, with as many jewels and expensive materials as possible, and more skirts than there are guests.'

9/11/2011 #1,032
Sanaryelle

(OOC: ...making some irritating contraption...)

Elandri-

"Absolutely," I agreed. "And I'll insist on wearing my coronation crown, even if the weight of it drives me through the floor."

9/11/2011 #1,033
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: And Uncle Terin can tell them exactly how to annoy their dear father...)

~Aedyn~

'They can reinforce the floor especially for you,' I said.

9/11/2011 #1,034
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *facepalm* Uncle Terin...)

Elandri-

"I'm certain they can," I agreed. "I will send the Chancellor a letter about it right away. He should be just about done with your complaint about cake theft."

9/11/2011 #1,035
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: And Auntie Cariel!)

~Aedyn~

'Maybe I can get my own back at your wedding, by stealing some of your no doubt elaborately-decorated cake...' I mused.

9/11/2011 #1,036
Sanaryelle

(OOC: And Cousin Nate!)

Elandri-

I gasped loudly. "Captain, you wouldn't dare!"

9/11/2011 #1,037
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: And *snort* Auntie Sorienne!)

~Aedyn~

'I would indeed,' I said indignantly. 'I would steal a huge piece, right off your plate, in front of your new husband.'

9/11/2011 #1,038
Sanaryelle

(OOC: Oh, she'll be at all the family dinners. :P)

Elandri-

"Then my new husband would be honour-bound to run you through," I said.

9/11/2011 #1,039
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Of course! She'll have to introduce them to Uncle Jalandir! :P)

~Aedyn~

'But would my Queen not protect her Captain?' I asked innocently.

9/11/2011 #1,040
Sanaryelle

(OOC: *facepalm* Speaking of which, is there going to be any activity on the Northern Mountains thread?)

Elandri-

"Cake before Captain," I said, folding my arms stubbornly.

9/11/2011 #1,041
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: I don't know. I guess the next bit will be when Sorienne actually makes the Charter skins work properly - which would mean that the next arc starts. So, when do we want that to be?)

~Aedyn~

I sighed. 'And I thought I meant more to you than that...' I said, trying not to grin.

9/11/2011 #1,042
Sanaryelle

(OOC: I'm thinking eventually we can skip forward to the end of officer's training - four months ahead. That can be when Sorienne makes the Charter skins work, and Oliver will get stationed at Yanyl, with lucky!Terin.)

Elandri-

"Well, for a Queen it's always country first," I said, enumerating on my fingers. "Then cake. Then Captain. So you're number three."

9/11/2011 #1,043
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Okay! We'll have to do Nate's party, though. And Aedyn and Elandri's birthdays. But we can skip the bits in between. And wouldn't the Midwinter Festival be coming up towards the end of the officer's training too?)

~Aedyn~

'And if you add your consort in there, and your children, I get pushed down to number five,' I said, sighing loudly.

9/11/2011 #1,044
Sanaryelle

(OOC: All right. So, once Aedyn comes back and we get over that drama, we can skip to Nate's party - then Aedyn and Elandri's birthdays - then to the Midwinter Festival and the end of training. Which means... crap. The next arc will be in the winter. Again. :P)

Elandri-

"Country, cake, children, consort, Captain," I said musingly. "Yes, that sounds about right. But five's a nice number," I said to Aedyn reassuringly.

9/11/2011 #1,045
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: lol! If we're doing the Midwinter Festival, we can throw in Idriel's birthday too. :P)

~Aedyn~

'If you say so...' I mumbled, fiddling with my wooden 'carrot/leek'.

9/11/2011 #1,046
Sanaryelle

(OOC: So many friggin birthdays. Though I suppose Oliver's will pass by without notice during the time-jump.)

Elandri-

"Oh, don't feel bad, Aedyn," I said. "I gave you a horsie!"

9/11/2011 #1,047
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Would he have told anyone when it is?)

~Aedyn~

I looked up and smiled. 'You did! And, since you don't have children or a consort yet, I'm still number three!'

9/11/2011 #1,048
Sanaryelle

(OOC: His guard friends would probably take him out for a drink.)

Elandri-

"Exactly," I said, smiling. "And since I don't have any cake at the moment, you've temporarily moved up to number two."

9/11/2011 #1,049
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: And his female guard friends would take him out for a dessert buffet?)

~Aedyn~

I beamed, and then started laughing.

9/11/2011 #1,050
« Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member