The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I nodded, and carried on searching through the papers. 'It's got to be in here somewhere...' I muttered.

9/5/2011 #91
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I opened a drawer on the side that was stuffed full of thin scrolls. "In here?" I suggested.

9/5/2011 #92
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Could be,' I said, starting to help the Queen go through the scrolls.

9/5/2011 #93
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

This was more like it. These were all messages and correspondence.

9/5/2011 #94
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I opened one scroll, skim-read it, and then put it on the desk and reached for the next one. Then I repeated the process. And again. And again. Until finally - 'Here it is,' I said, unfurling a scroll and handing it to the Queen.

9/5/2011 #95
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I read the document quickly, and nodded. "It's not signed, though," I said.

9/5/2011 #96
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I sighed. 'But if we could get him to admit that he did write it...' I said.

9/5/2011 #97
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"And we'd have Gregior's testimony," I agreed.

9/5/2011 #98
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I nodded. 'I propose that we write a letter to Belisaere, explaining the situation and what we've found out, and sent the letter with it, and maybe an arrest warrant?' I suggested.

9/5/2011 #99
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"To who?" I asked. "You need to nominate someone in charge during your absence, and authorize that as well."

9/5/2011 #100
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I don't know,' I admitted with a sigh.

9/5/2011 #101
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Well, we can send word to the Chancellor," I said. "Aedyn, isn't there an officer who you trust? Just someone who can take over the running of things for a week or so until we get back?"

9/5/2011 #102
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'My brother,' I said, almost automatically. He'd also be the best person to get answers out of the Vice Captain, too.

9/5/2011 #103
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I tried not to wince. "Given his - um - unfortunate resemblance," I said carefully, "perhaps you could appoint another Lieutenant as well, and they can serve as Co-Acting Captains?" Aedyn looked at me, and I quickly added, "Your brother is also stationed at Yanyl - having someone more familiar with Belisaere involved would help."

9/5/2011 #104
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I nodded, and thought about it. 'Lieutenant Evett, then,' I decided. 'She's served in Belisaere for several years.'

9/5/2011 #105
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded. "Let's send that letter."

9/5/2011 #106
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I found some blank paper and a quill on the desk, and quickly wrote the letter to the Chancellor. Every now and again, I paused to make sure that the Queen agreed with everything that I was writing. It did annoy me, how she hadn't liked the idea of putting Terin in charge, just because of a family resemblance. I could understand why certain people would feel uncomfortable around him, but I hadn't expected the Queen to be one of them.

Once I was finished, I signed it. I then passed the quill to the Queen, so that she could sign it too.

9/5/2011 #107
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Aedyn was irritated. Charter, I'd offended him...

I took the quill and signed the letter. Aedyn gave a short nod and rolled it up, and I placed my hand on his. "I have nothing against your brother," I said levelly. "I was just thinking of what others might say."

9/5/2011 #108
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I know,' I sighed. 'It's fine. It's just - a bit of a touchy subject, that's all.'

9/5/2011 #109
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded, and gave Aedyn's hand a squeeze before letting go. "One of the guards - Keral, maybe - should be able to get us a message hawk."

9/5/2011 #110
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'Right,' I said, nodding. 'And after that, I think we should see how this sweep-around is going.'

9/5/2011 #111
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

We left the study, and returned to the main floor where we found Keral and dispatched him for a message hawk. With the letter on its way to Belisaere, we waited for reports to come in from the guards sweeping the manor.

"Um - Majesty?" said Milon, coming through the front door from the courtyard. "There's a huge crown of people out front. Guess they heard the fighting, or something."

9/5/2011 #112
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I frowned. 'Are they friendly, or some of Gregior's supporters?' I asked.

9/5/2011 #113
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Dunno, sir," said Milon. "They looked more curious than anything."

I glanced at Aedyn. "Maybe I should speak to them."

9/5/2011 #114
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I nodded. 'That might be a good idea, Majesty,' I said. 'Things should be explained, if anything.'

9/5/2011 #115
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"For safety, though, I wouldn't recommend raising the portcullis," said Milon.

I raised my eyebrow. "And am I to speak to the masses through the gate?

"You could mount up on the wall, Majesty," said Milon, and I nodded.

I turned to Aedyn. "I assume you're coming with me."

9/5/2011 #116
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'You assume correctly, Majesty,' I said with a wry smile. Even with the manor pretty much taken, I didn't want to risk anything.

9/5/2011 #117
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

We followed Milon out into the courtyard. Alesia and Neal were shepherding a group of guards back to the dungeons, and saluted as they passed. Milon gestured at the narrow steps leading up to the top of Averet's courtyard wall, and I allowed Aedyn to go up first.

9/5/2011 #118
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I climbed the steps, and when I reached the top I looked down to see how big this crowd was - and to try to judge its mood. I blinked; there were more people there than I'd expected. And Milon had been right - they did look mostly curious.

9/5/2011 #119
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I climbed up to the top of the wall, ignoring the hand that Aedyn held out because I didn't need it. That... was a rather large crowd.

9/5/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member