The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'What trials?' I asked, frowning.

10/1/2011 #91
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I glanced at Iselli, who cast a silencing spell. "Did you hear about the Vice Captain?" I asked Idriel.

10/1/2011 #92
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I frowned even more and shook my head. 'No.'

10/1/2011 #93
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"All right," I said. "Well, to start with, I had ordered the Guard to confine Gregior to a manor house, but when his... friend, Lord Averet, found that out he imprisoned the Lieutenant who carried out that order, and freed Gregior. Aedyn and I travelled to Gardil in order to apprehend Gregior and Lord Averet, but were attacked several times along the way. It came to light that the ex-Vice Captain Deacam had sent word of our departure and our travel route to Gregior."

10/1/2011 #94
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I blinked and stared at the Queen. 'The Vice Captain betrayed you?' I asked, wondering why I hadn't been told about this before.

10/1/2011 #95
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded. "As soon as Aedyn and I heard, we ordered his arrest. In Gardil we were fortunate enough to apprehend both Gregior and Averet. We also discovered that the Lord of Hafmet had corresponded with Gregior after the coup, and was his strong supporter. Aedyn and some of the guards were able to take Hafmet. Consequently, trials need to be organized for Gregior, Lord Averet, the Lord of Hafmet, and Deacam."

10/1/2011 #96
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh,' I said, nodding slowly as I took in all this information. Gregior had actually been captured?

10/1/2011 #97
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Not many people are aware of this," I told Idriel. "I am still not certain how I ought to make this knowledge generally known. As far as I remember, a ruler has never been deposed, and certainly has never been put on trial."

10/1/2011 #98
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I shivered as I remembered the trials I'd had, almost two years ago.

'Well... people know that he was behind those attacks on you, don't they?' I asked.

10/1/2011 #99
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"They suspect," I said. "We have some proof, and we are hoping to get more by questioning them."

10/1/2011 #100
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'So, couldn't you just tell people that he and Lord Averet have been arrested?' I asked.

10/1/2011 #101
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I shrugged and looked at Iselli.

"I do not know if the nobles will be happy with that," said the Clayr. "To arrest Lord Averet and Gregior seems very... insulting and dishonourable."

"It is meant to be," I said dryly.

"Perhaps we could make some sort of official announcement," said Iselli. "We would have to start off by detailing the attempts on your life, and then reveal who was responsible."

10/1/2011 #102
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'People should be happy that they've been arrested,' I said, frowning. 'Especially if they know what they did.'

10/1/2011 #103
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"If only everyone saw it the way you did," I said, smiling at Idriel.

10/1/2011 #104
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I don't understand why people wouldn't be happy about it,' I said, feeling stupid again.

10/1/2011 #105
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

"Well, some nobles feel that a member of the nobility, no matter what they've done, ought to always be treated with utmost respect," I said. "Arresting someone and putting them on trial isn't something you really do to people like that."

10/1/2011 #106
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh,' I said, nodding. 'Even if they've done what Gregior's done, though?'

10/1/2011 #107
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Well, that's where it gets difficult," I said. "This is the first time a King has been deposed, so we don't know how anything we do will be received."

10/1/2011 #108
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'But, people should understand, when they know what they've done,' I said. 'Shouldn't they?'

10/1/2011 #109
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I hope so," I said. I looked up to see a servant waiting in the sitting room. Iselli ended the silencing spell, and I nodded. "Yes, we are ready for lunch." I sat down at the table, and motioned for Idriel and Iselli to take their seats.

"The Captain will not be joining us?" asked Iselli.

"I actually do not know," I admitted. "He said he would try to come, but he is late already, so we can start without him."

10/1/2011 #110
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *facepalm* I forgot about Aedyn. :P)

~Idriel~

Just as the Queen said that, the sitting room door opened and Aedyn came in. He looked a little out of breath, and he gave the Queen an apologetic smile as he bowed.

10/1/2011 #111
Sanaryelle

(OOC: lol! No worries; he's just a bit late.)

Elandri-

I grinned. "Nice of you to show up."

10/1/2011 #112
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: Yup... :P)

~Aedyn~

'I apologise for being late, Majesty,' I replied. There was more paperwork to be done than I'd thought this morning, and I'd decided to get changed into a clean uniform, too.

10/1/2011 #113
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"That's quite all right," I said. I looked at Aedyn closely as he sat down. "Did you run here, Captain?"

10/1/2011 #114
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'A little, Majesty,' I admitted, giving the Queen a sheepish smile.

10/1/2011 #115
Sanaryelle

Iselli-

The Queen smiled and shook her head. I could see why people would assume they were together - but I knew that what they felt for each other was purely friendship. For now.

The servants came in and lay out a splendid lunch.

10/1/2011 #116
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I looked appreciatively at the food, and my mouth watered. The Queen clearly got the best food the Palace could possibly produce - understandably.

10/1/2011 #117
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

The servants expertly loaded our plates and poured a light wine, and then bowed before retreating. I knew that if I encouraged everyone to 'just dig in' they wouldn't, so I took the first bite.

10/1/2011 #118
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I took a sip of wine before having some of my food - which probably wasn't a particularly good idea, since I hadn't eaten much in the past few days. But it was a very good wine. I resisted the temptation to just down the whole glass, and started on my food.

10/1/2011 #119
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Iselli was trying to convince me to reinstate court," I remarked to Aedyn as we ate.

10/1/2011 #120
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member