The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

Aaaand another one... *headwall*

10/21/2011 #1
Sanaryelle

(OOC: First post!)

Cariel-

I wondered what people would say if they found out about this. Then I reflected that the revelation that 'Sir Aedyn liked the Queen' wouldn't cause much of a fuss, given that they had already eloped and gotten pregnant according to rumour.

10/21/2011 #2
Fishy Biscuits

(OOC: *facepalm*)

~Terin~

I was quite surprised when I saw Aedyn getting up and going over to one of the young ladies at another table. Maybe he was trying to distract himself from the Queen.

10/21/2011 #3
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I finished my dance with Lord Gawen, and again refused to let him kiss my hand. He shrugged and grinned. "Another time, then."

I looked up as another man approached me, and asked quietly for the next dance. He was older - about Aedyn's age - and dressed in very fine but simple clothes. I hadn't seen him before and, intrigued, I agreed.

"I apologize for not introducing myself sooner," said the man. "I am Lord Falerin."

I recognized his name. Iselli and the Chancellor had named him, the Earl of Aunden, as one of the most eligible bachelors in the Kingdom. As usual, I talked with him as we danced. Lord Gawen was cheerful and rather mishievous and a lot of fun, but Lord Falerin was more soft-spoken and calm. I rather liked the contrast.

10/21/2011 #4
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I tried not to look at the Queen as I led Lady Ismena onto the dancefloor. I'd figured that I should dance with someone, rather than just sitting out and being bored all evening. And maybe I would find someone who could take my mind off of the Queen - maybe it wouldn't matter that I was almost twice these girls' ages.

10/21/2011 #5
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"He's dancing now," I said to Terin, nodding at Aedyn.

10/21/2011 #6
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I nodded. 'But he does keep glancing at the Queen, still,' I observed.

10/21/2011 #7
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"Oh," I said. People around us were whispering, and I heard the name 'Earl of Aunden' being repeated. I looked around, and spotted the Earl dancing with the Queen, who looked enchanted.

10/21/2011 #8
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'That'll be some more gossip starting,' I said wryly. The Queen did seem to rather like the Earl, though...

10/21/2011 #9
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"I wonder how many men the Queen will be supposedly involved with by the end of the night," I remarked.

10/21/2011 . Edited 10/21/2011 #10
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'She's up to three now,' I said with a grin.

10/21/2011 #11
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I laughed. "Every time she smiles at a man she just adds another one."

10/21/2011 #12
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'Yep,' I agreed. 'The court gossips will be overwhelmed by the amount of new things to talk about if she gets many more tonight.'

10/21/2011 #13
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I smiled. "I can't believe that some people care so much about things like that."

10/21/2011 #14
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'For some people, it's one of their main sources of amusement,' I said wryly.

10/21/2011 #15
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

"I'm glad it isn't ours," I remarked.

10/21/2011 #16
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

I laughed softly. 'Me too,' I said. 'I much prefer the things we do together.'

10/21/2011 #17
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

I smiled at Terin, and held his hand a little tighter as we danced.

10/21/2011 #18
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I smiled when I saw the way the Queen was looking at the Earl of Aunden. He was a very nice man, and rather good friends with Drystan's father.

10/21/2011 #19
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I knew that the Earl had been married before, and that he'd lost both his wife and the baby in childbirth very young. But we didn't talk about that. As it turned out, the Earl - or Lord Falerin - was very well-travelled, and he seemed to enjoy telling me about all of the places he had been both in the Kingdom and outside of it.

10/21/2011 #20
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Even though Lady Ismena and I weren't dancing very near the Queen, I could still see her occasionally. I kept having to mentally berate myself for looking, when I was supposed to be talking to Ismena. She seemed like a nice girl, but there wasn't anything particularly striking about her. And she was too... formal, and proper. I preferred the fun conversations that I had with the Queen, and - stop thinking about her!

10/21/2011 #21
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"You've really been to Ancelstierre?" I asked.

Lord Falerin inclined his head. "Several times, Majesty. Aunden is a port city, so our trade ships often go to Ironshore. I have friends there who I visit occasionally, and they have taken me inland and south to Ancelstierre proper."

"Is it true that you cannot feel the Charter there?" I asked.

"It depends how far south you go, Majesty, but yes," said Lord Falerin.

I smiled and shook my head slightly; I couldn't imagine not feeling the Charter.

10/21/2011 #22
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

Drystan and I eventually ended up dancing quite near the Queen and Lord Falerin, and we both smiled at them. They were deep in conversation.

10/21/2011 #23
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I haven't been to Aunden," I admitted. "But I've heard that Mount Aunden is supposed to be spectacular."

"It is," said Lord Falerin with a small smile. I realized that he rarely smiled, but he looked very nice when he did. "There's a tradition. You are supposed to buy a walking-stick before you attempt the trek all the way to the top, and if you make it they carve a symbol on your walking stick to prove that you made it."

"That sounds fun," I said, grinning. "If I ever decide to conduct a Royal Visit, I am definitely going to try that."

10/21/2011 #24
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Lady Ismena and I didn't talk all that much, and when we did, it was mostly about the celebrations for Midwinter that had been going on recently. We weren't getting to know each other at all, and I felt too distracted to try asking her any questions about herself. The Queen was getting on with Lord Falerin just as well as she had been getting on with Lord Gawen. And Charter knew when she would start to like another man. She could have her pick of any unmarried man in the Kingdom - what had ever made me even consider that she might want that sort of relationship with me? She was happy with what we had already - a good friendship. She didn't want anything more from me.

10/21/2011 #25
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

The third dance ended, and Lord Falerin gave me a courteous bow. I hid a smile - he was rather formal - and curtseyed back.

10/21/2011 #26
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

For some reason, I hesitated instead of going straight over to the Queen. I did want to ask her for a dance - but something was stopping me. I had no idea what it was, but it was annoying.

10/21/2011 #27
Sanaryelle

Cariel-

Terin and I were both watching Aedyn. "Is he going to do it?" I wondered.

10/21/2011 #28
Fishy Biscuits

~Terin~

'I don't know,' I said. 'But if he is, he'd better do it quickly. The Queen isn't going to be without a partner for very long.'

10/21/2011 #29
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Several lords were cautiously making their way over to me. I'd enjoyed dancing with Lord Gawen and Lord Falerin, but I really just wanted to relax. I looked around and spotted Aedyn, and gave him a small smile.

10/21/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member