The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Fishy Biscuits

A large forest, south of the River Yanyl.

11/27/2011 #1
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I only managed a few minutes of flying before the pain in my shoulder became too much, and I was forced to land again. Still, hopefully I'd covered enough distance to be safe for the time being. Not to mention the fact that my 'disappearing' trail would hopefully confuse the guards too.

I settled on the ground of the forest and removed the Charter skin, wincing as I had to move my shoulder back into its normal position. Bloody Terin's knife must have gone in pretty deep, I guessed, from the amount of blood I could feel sticking my tunic to my back. I reached into the Charter and managed to find the basic healing marks, though thanks to those three fights and the run through the forest and the flight afterwards, I was too tired to make them have the desired effect. I felt the skin tighten around the wound, but it didn't fully close.Damn. If I couldn't even heal myself, there was no chance of being able to make another Charter skin, and that meant that I couldn't get away as quickly as I would have liked.

I couldn't afford to wait around for long, though. I could guess that Terin would organise several full searches. He wasn't going to just let me disappear like that. I sighed; I didn't have any other option. My wound had to be healed as soon as possible so that I could get out of here before I was found. And, right now, I couldn't cast healing spells properly, and I doubted that I would manage a diamond of protecton either. I drew that whistle out from my pocket and blew on it once.

11/27/2011 #2
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

The journey hadn't been too strenuous. I'd managed to board a boat in disguise, and the pull I'd felt from the whistle lessened the further south I went. I left the boat before High Bridge, and then struck off into the woods. To make my journey easier, I'd managed to use Saraneth to charm an elk into carrying me, then made the final part of the journey on foot.

I smirked at the pitiful shelter Sorienne had made from branches. She was bent over a few twigs, irritably trying to start a fire. I cast a swift Free Magic spell, and the twigs burst into blue flames.

11/27/2011 #3
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I started, then whirled around - and scowled at Jalandir. He was smirking at me, which really did not help my already-irritable mood.

11/27/2011 #4
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I executed a formal bow. "You called, my lady?"

11/27/2011 #5
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I didn't stop scowling. Maybe I shouldn't have called him after all...

'I did,' I said shortly, getting straight to the point to avoid having to talk to him too much. 'I need a wound in my shoulder sorted out.'

11/27/2011 #6
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I do not believe that's all that you need sorting out," I said with a smile. "Didn't you absolutely insist that your little plan could not possibly fail?"

11/27/2011 #7
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I glared. 'You do not know for certain if it has failed,' I spat. 'The slut could have died from her injuries.'

11/27/2011 #8
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"But then, she could not," I said, shrugging. "I haven't heard anything from those you like to term 'my lot', so I assume that she hasn't passed into Death." I smiled at Sorienne, and walked over. "Let's see this injury, then."

11/27/2011 #9
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

Still glaring, I irritably shuffled round so that Jalandir could see my shoulder. I'd tried to heal and bandage the wound as best I could, but I couldn't actually see how successful I'd been.

11/27/2011 #10
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I raised my eyebrows, and removed the dirty bandages. After heating some water and cleaning the wound, I took some herbs out of my pack and made a poultice. "I could use Free Magic to hold the wound closed," I said to Sorienne as I worked, "but then you want nothing to do with that. Right?"

11/27/2011 #11
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Right,' I said through gritted teeth.

11/27/2011 #12
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"The offer still stands," I said, shrugging. "I didn't bite your head off when you healed me with Charter Magic. Why would this be any different?"

11/27/2011 #13
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I shrugged - and then winced. 'It wouldn't be. But I still don't want anything to do with it.'

11/27/2011 #14
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Why not?" I asked. "You spent months preparing for this, and your Charter Magic still failed. Isn't it time to try something a bit... different?"

11/27/2011 #15
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I defeated her easily,' I snapped. 'There is nothing wrong with my Charter Magic. The only reason I had to leave was because other people interfered.'

11/27/2011 #16
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"If you knew Free Magic," I said, "I could show you things. Spells that other necromancers have forgotten - spells that Charter Mages do not know how to defend." I tied off the bandage, and glanced at Sorienne's other arm, which was also bloody.

11/27/2011 #17
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'That one is sorted out,' I said shortly, noticing the direction of Jalandir's gaze. I'd managed to heal that cut after I'd recovered some of my strength; it hadn't been as deep as the one in my shoulder.

11/27/2011 #18
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Do you have anything to eat around here?" I asked.

11/27/2011 #19
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Rabbit,' I said briskly.

11/27/2011 #20
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I looked around. "You haven't done a very good skinning job," I observed, pulling the carcass towards me.

11/27/2011 #21
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Will you shut up?' I snapped. 'You've done what I needed you to do, so why don't you crawl back to your cave now? If I need you again, I will summon you.'

11/27/2011 #22
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"You will not summon me," I said, rolling my eyes as I properly skinned the rabbit. "I came because I wished to. And I will go when I wish." I impaled the rabbit on a stick and held it over the fire.

11/27/2011 #23
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I thought you couldn't wait to get rid of me,' I said shortly. 'If that's the case, then why don't you go now?' I paused, then smirked. 'Unless you did miss me after all.'

11/27/2011 #24
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I laughed, pushing the end of the stick into the ground so the rabbit would cook on its own. "Do not flatter yourself. I could not pass up the opportunity of seeing the mighty Sorienne after she had failed."

11/27/2011 #25
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'It was not - my - fault,' I spat, glowering at Jalandir.

11/27/2011 #26
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Oh, of course not," I said, shrugging. "It's not the deer's fault when it is taken down by the wolf. It cannot help being weak."

11/27/2011 #27
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I angrily shot a ball of Charter fire at Jalandir. 'I am not weak!' I shouted. 'I just know not to be stupid enough to try and take on a full patrol of guards by myself.'

11/27/2011 #28
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I lowered the shield I'd hastily flung up, and smirked at Sorienne. "Touchy... Though, there has been many a necromancer and Free Magic sorceror who has taken on a patrol of guards."

11/27/2011 #29
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'I don't. Care,' I said slowly and clearly, to make sure Jalandir got the message.

11/27/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member