The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I shrugged. "Just offering."

11/28/2011 #211
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'You've been rather insistent in your 'offering',' I said.

11/28/2011 #212
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I wouldn't want you to forget about certain opportunities," I said, still digging through the chest.

11/28/2011 #213
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'If I decide that I want to know more about it, then I will tell you,' I said. 'But I will decide that in my own time.'

11/28/2011 #214
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I shrugged. "Suit yourself." I found some clothes that weren't moth-eaten, and tossed them in Sorienne's direction.

11/28/2011 #215
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I looked at the clothes and shrugged. They would do. My other clothes were starting to get rather tatty.

11/28/2011 #216
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Do you want me to check the bedroom for spiders before you change?" I asked, mock-seriously.

11/28/2011 #217
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I shuddered and glared. 'If I see any, I'll burn them,' I said shortly.

11/28/2011 #218
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I stifled a grin, and started putting things back in the chest.

11/28/2011 #219
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'So what will you be doing while we're here?' I asked, folding my arms.

11/28/2011 #220
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I shrugged. "Hunt. Eat. Maybe kill the odd person who comes through the woods."

11/28/2011 #221
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'And what about your precious little cave, back up north?' I asked in mock-concern. 'Won't it miss you?'

11/28/2011 #222
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I rolled my eyes. "It's just a place to live. Like this, I suppose." I finished packing things up and closed the chest - though I left out the book.

11/28/2011 #223
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I shrugged, then headed back into the bedroom to change into the clothes.

11/28/2011 #224
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I looked through the book, though there wasn't anything new there. It was just basic Free Magic.

I put more wood in the stove, and then decided to head out to the creek for a bath.

11/28/2011 #225
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I sat on my bed, reading the book on Charter skins again. Perhaps I could try out a new shape - it wouldn't hurt to have a back-up shape, in case flying wasn't what I needed to do. And I needed to do something while I waited for the slut to leave Yanyl again.

11/28/2011 #226
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I returned to the cabin, clean, and glanced at the closed bedroom door. It didn't look like Sorienne would be any trouble - though who knew if that would actually be the case?

11/28/2011 #227
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I read for a while, and finally put the book down when I started feeling hungry. I wondered if the traps had caught anything yet.

11/28/2011 #228
Sanaryelle

Two and a half months later...

Jalandir-

I did not think that either Sorienne or I had planned to stay in the cabin for very long, but I supposed that we just didn't see any reason to leave. I had long ago set up some spells to keep us safe from detection, and the necromancers who had lived here before had cast magic to keep the cabin hidden. Although early on we'd had to keep mostly to the cabin due to Royal Guard patrols, now we could roam around most of Lorvale at will.

Although Sorienne and I did not exactly get along, we had learned to tolerate each other's company somewhat. Sometimes she threatened to tell the Guard about me, and other times I threatened to put spiders in her bed, but the truth was that barely saw each other for most of the day. Now that it was summer, Sorienne spent a lot of her time outside, wandering around and apparently still formulating her 'plan'. She would get violent whenever I asked her about it, so I'd learned not to. I spent my time in the woods as well, practicing my Free Magic and visiting the villages a day or two's travel away whenever I got bored or needed a pint.

The cabin was a lot cleaner and less drafty than it had been when we'd first arrived. Any old and useless equipment had been gotten rid of or traded. The Free Magic book I had found in the chest stayed on the table in the main room. When I had first started leaving it out, Sorienne had tried to burn it with a Charter spell - but that just produced a lot of loud sparks and foul-smelling smoke without harming the book at all. She had now taken to ignoring it, though I did sometimes catch her glancing at it every now and then.

As I sat at the table carving a fork out of a deer antler, I heard quick footsteps approaching and recognized the steps as Sorienne's.

12/13/2011 . Edited 12/14/2011 #229
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I walked into the cabin and dumped three rabbits on the table in front of Jalandir. I'd caught them myself, using my hawk Charter skin - mainly to ensure that I didn't get out of practice at making and using them. They were very useful for travelling quickly and without detection. And maybe I wanted to use my Charter Magic as much as possible, in a pointed message to Jalandir to stop trying to tempt me with Free Magic.

All right, maybe I was interested in learning more about it. But I didn't want to use it. And even if I did, I didn't want to let Jalandir know, because I couldn't stand that smug smirk of his. Although, perhaps there was a Free Magic spell that could burn the smirk off his face... But I wanted to stick to using Charter Magic. If I started practicing Free Magic, the slut would be able to detect me when I went to find her, and that would ruin the element of surprise that I rather liked having.

12/14/2011 #230
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

I glanced at Sorienne, and continued to carve the antler. "One of my lot met a sticky end in Nestowe," I remarked. I'd gone into Death earlier today, and a few necromancers had been talking about it in the Sixth Precinct.

12/14/2011 #231
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'Oh really?' I said, raising one eyebrow. 'Must have been a pretty pathetic one, then.'

12/14/2011 #232
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"No, she was very powerful," I remarked, carving another tine on the ivory fork.

12/14/2011 #233
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I rolled my eyes. 'Well, how is it that I managed to almost kill her, but your lot hardly do anything?'

12/14/2011 #234
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I don't see any difference," I remarked mildly. "Neither you or the necromancers have managed to kill her. And our ranks were... thinned, by her precursors."

12/14/2011 #235
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

'This one at Nestowe,' I said. 'Did she almost kill her too? Or were there only a couple scratches?'

12/14/2011 #236
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"I don't know," I said. "I only heard rumours."

12/14/2011 #237
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I rolled my eyes again. 'Well, it's their fault for not getting rid of her when she was still untrained,' I said.

12/14/2011 #238
Sanaryelle

Jalandir-

"Why do you criticize?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "I thought you wanted that pleasure yourself."

12/14/2011 #239
Fishy Biscuits

~Sorienne~

I shrugged. 'I do,' I said. 'But if someone else does it, I'm not going to complain.'

12/14/2011 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member