The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Idriel still looked rather depressed. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked her.

1/4/2012 #271
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I shook my head. 'I just wish I wasn't so messed up,' I whispered, my voice catching in my throat. 'I mean, I'm only nineteen, but I've already been engaged three times and now it looks like I'll be separated too.'

1/4/2012 #272
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I pulled Idriel into a hug.

"You've had an... unusual life," I said, "but that doesn't mean that you're messed up. And there's no shame in being separated, if things truly cannot work out."

1/4/2012 #273
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I am messed up,' I mumbled. 'Very messed up.'

1/4/2012 #274
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Well, given what has happened to you, you're entitled to feeling that way now and again," I said.

1/4/2012 #275
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I thought you said you didn't know what had happened to me,' I said.

1/4/2012 #276
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I'm referring to Tarael and Sorienne," I said gently.

1/4/2012 #277
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh,' I said quietly. 'Right.'

1/4/2012 #278
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"That in itself is enough to get in the way of anyone's life," I said. "And if, as you are implying, even more happened to you... well, it's not wrong at all that you would feel that way."

1/4/2012 #279
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I thought I'd got better,' I said quietly. 'But I don't think I have.'

1/4/2012 #280
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Well, maybe it's a good idea if you have some time just to yourself, or with friends," I said.

1/4/2012 #281
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'I was thinking of going home tomorrow anyway.'

1/4/2012 #282
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"All right," I said. "I'll try to sort this out with the Duke tonight." I smiled. "You look like you could use a rest."

1/4/2012 #283
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'I think I do,' I agreed. I hoped I wouldn't run into anyone who had seen what had happened earlier...

1/4/2012 #284
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I'll have a servant show you to some new rooms," I said, getting up and pulling the cord. A servant immediately came in. "The Abhorsen needs new quarters," I told her. "Please show her to her rooms, and then bring her belongings from her previous rooms."

The servant curtseyed, and I smiled at Idriel. "Please do not worry," I told her. "We'll sort this out."

1/4/2012 #285
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Thank you,' I said quietly.

1/4/2012 #286
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded and watched Idriel follow the servant out of the office. Then I sighed and leaned back against the desk. I hoped that Aedyn had found the Duke.

1/4/2012 #287
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

Lord Marthon still seemed angry when I found him, but he agreed to speak to us about the incident again. He followed me back to the office, and I knocked before we went in, just in case the Abhorsen was still in there.

1/4/2012 #288
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

Aedyn came in with the Duke, who still looked furious. I forced myself to smile at him. "Won't you sit down?"

1/4/2012 #289
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

The Duke bowed, and then obediently sat down. I went to stand beside Elandri as I had done before.

1/4/2012 #290
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"We have spoken to the Abhorsen," I said. "What do you intend to do, Lord Marthon?"

1/4/2012 #291
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I assume she admitted to what she had done, Majesty,' the Duke said.

1/4/2012 #292
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"She has," I said, nodding. "And you haven't answered my question. What do you intend to do?"

1/4/2012 #293
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I have not yet decided,' the Duke replied carefully. 'But I do not intend to just let this go. It is unacceptable behaviour, especially from someone of her rank.'

1/4/2012 #294
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Lady Idriel is under a lot of pressure," I said. "And do not forget that she is the Abhorsen. She is not someone who can be... threatened."

1/4/2012 #295
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

The Duke inclined his head. 'But similarly, she should not be someone who threatens others,' he pointed out.

1/4/2012 #296
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"The Abhorsen will not harm you," I said evenly. "In fact, she will have nothing to do with you in the future - especially if your son agrees to a separation."

1/4/2012 #297
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'A separation?' the Duke repeated, looking shocked. 'But - that would be a scandal, Majesty!'

1/4/2012 #298
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"No, it wouldn't," I said evenly. "And if there was, the scandal would touch the Abhorsen, and not your family. It is confirmed that the Abhorsen cannot have children, which would give your son legitimate grounds to apply for separation. No face would be lost."

1/4/2012 #299
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

The Duke made a grumbling noise. 'She should have told us that she was barren beforehand,' he said.

1/4/2012 #300
« Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member