The Store Next Door
The new version of The Shoppe, now affectionatly known as 'Sneed.' Home to the Old Kingdom RP that keeps Sanaryelle and Fishy Biscuits awake till Charter-knows-what time in the morning!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I bit my lip. "This is bad," I said. "The Duke blackmailed you into marrying his son, which would usually give grounds for annulment. But you also did wrong by having a relationship with Oliver while you were engaged to Drystan. If the Council finds out about this, they might pressure me into doing something that I don't want to do."

1/4/2012 #241
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sniffed and nodded. 'That's why I went through with the wedding,' I mumbled. 'So he wouldn't tell anyone. But now, I - I don't know what he'll do.' I burst into tears again.

1/4/2012 #242
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I moved to sit beside Idriel and put my arm around her. I looked up at Aedyn. "Do you think a settlement could be reached with the Duke?" I asked.

1/4/2012 #243
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

'I hope so,' I said, 'but there could be problems with the fact that everyone at the Whale Fin saw what happened.'

1/4/2012 #244
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I sighed and nodded. "Yes. Still, we can try to keep the Abhorsen's past affair from coming to light. Everyone deserves their privacy." I thought for a moment, and something that the Duchess had said came to mind. "Idriel?" I asked. "You don't need to answer if you do not want to, but the Duchess told us that Oliver said you couldn't have children."

1/4/2012 #245
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I sobbed again. 'Charter, does everyone know?' I whispered.

1/4/2012 #246
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I tightened my arm around Idriel's shoulders. "It's all right," I said quietly. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. And it might be your way out of this mess."

1/4/2012 #247
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'It - might?' I asked, glancing up at the Queen and wiping my eyes.

1/4/2012 #248
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded. "Here's what I think - we need to buy silence from the Duke. If we confirm that you cannot have children, then he might agree to a separation. It is probably the only factor that would make a separation acceptable, and understandable. Let me talk to the Duke, and I will see if he agrees."

1/4/2012 #249
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded and looked at the floor again. Everyone knew about it now anyway, so if Drystan and I split up because of it, it wouldn't involve spilling anything new.

1/4/2012 #250
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"This would involve practically the entire Kingdom knowing about your condition," I said. "Do you agree to that?"

1/4/2012 #251
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'As long as they don't find out the reason for it,' I said quietly.

1/4/2012 #252
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Nobody is going to be interested in the reason," I assured Idriel. "Some women are born barren. And your sister can have children, so the Abhorsen line is safe. Nobody will ask questions, and if they do, you do not need to answer them."

1/4/2012 #253
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded. 'All right.'

1/4/2012 #254
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I looked Idriel over. "You need some rest," I said. "We'll take care of this, all right?"

1/4/2012 #255
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded again and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. 'I just hope Lord Marthon hasn't done anything already,' I said quietly.

1/4/2012 #256
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"Right," I said. I turned to Aedyn. "We need to talk to him as soon as possible. Now, if we can."

1/4/2012 #257
Fishy Biscuits

~Aedyn~

I nodded. 'I'll go see where he is, and tell him that we need to talk to him,' I said, going to the door of the office.

1/4/2012 #258
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I watched Aedyn go, and then looked at Idriel. "Are you feeling better now?"

1/4/2012 #259
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'A - a little bit,' I replied quietly.

1/4/2012 #260
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I had no idea that this was going on," I admitted. "I thought you liked Drystan."

1/4/2012 #261
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I - did,' I said, hiccuping back a sob. 'But I didn't love him.'

1/4/2012 #262
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I nodded. "I thought you were getting on so well," I said apologetically. "You seemed to be adjusting to court life. The dresses, and the dinners..."

1/4/2012 . Edited 1/4/2012 #263
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'I was,' I said, sniffing again. 'But - I guess I'm just too screwed up.'

1/4/2012 #264
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

I sighed. "It's difficult to move on from the past," I agreed. "But I know you can be strong."

1/4/2012 #265
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I glanced at the Queen. 'How do you know what happened?' I asked.

1/4/2012 #266
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"I don't," I said, smiling.

1/4/2012 #267
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

'Oh,' I said. 'That's good.'

1/4/2012 #268
Sanaryelle

Elandri-

"But Iselli told me that, if Cariel becomes Abhorsen, she will die before her time," I said. "And as Nate is too young to take over - well, it has to be you. So if I can help you in any way, then I will."

1/4/2012 #269
Fishy Biscuits

~Idriel~

I nodded again, not feeling any better. No-one wanted me to be Abhorsen because I was good at it. It was just because there was no-one else who could do it.

1/4/2012 . Edited 1/4/2012 #270
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Fishy Biscuits Sanaryelle
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member