Greek Myth RPG
Not directly the myths but you get to hang around with Greek heros and make your own. And this is my first forum ever so...yeah. Come join in on the fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Artemisia032495

City of legends The defeater of Sparta

Thebes, the birthplace of the legendary hero Herakles and men of importance like Pindar and Epameinondas, played a major role in the affairs of Greece, from its early history as the many legends of the city testify. Though not a great power, for a short time, thanks to the genius of Epameinondas and its superb trained army, led by the Sacred Band, took the hegemony of Greece by defeating the invincible Sparta.

Among other achievements was the formation of a league under its leadership, which united almost all the Boeotian cities.

11/17/2010 #1
Skye Cloudgate

As the sun rose above Thebes, Melodia walked the streets, looking just like a normal mortal, wearing a plain white toga, pinned together with a bronze brooch, a pair of leather sandals, and a silver pin holding her long jet black hair into a bun. She wondered the market place, taking in the scene of the various stalls selling everything from fresh fruit to livestock. Her violet eyes glanced around, as she made her way down the admittedly filthy streets.

2/26/2012 . Edited 2/26/2012 #2
Artemisia032495

(Would you like someone to RP with? I'm sure I can lend a hand. I have two other characters up my sleeve.)

2/27/2012 #3
Skye Cloudgate

(That woud be lovely, thank you. Sorry it took so long to reply.)

2/27/2012 #4
Artemisia032495

(It's alright. I am just lucky I'm up this late. It really depends on who you want to RP with. Julius or Levi.)

2/27/2012 #5
Skye Cloudgate

(Either or. Your choice. :) Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in?)

2/27/2012 . Edited 2/27/2012 #6
Artemisia032495

(Okay. I am in the United States Eastern Time Zone but I'm not actually tired...)

2/27/2012 #7
Skye Cloudgate

(Wow, same here. But I'm usually the night owl. So, whenever you're ready.)

2/27/2012 #8
Artemisia032495

(Otay. *salute* Oh and I live in the Buckeye state, yay.)

Julius (because I like him better and he is better with girls than old Levi) walked calmly, not really doing much and just being very...farmer-y and carrying some tools and seed with him as he walked.

2/27/2012 #9
Skye Cloudgate

Melodia wasn't paying attention to where she was walking, and abruptly smacked into the farmer. "Oh, Gods. I'm so sorry." She apologised, as she picked up the tools she had knocked out of his hands. "I wasn't looking at where I was going."

2/27/2012 #10
Skye Cloudgate

(I live in the Bluegrass state. Please, no redneck jokes...)

2/27/2012 #11
Artemisia032495

(I love Kentucky. It's one of my favorite states, plus I am not provincial as most Ohioans can be.)

Julius just smiled and shook his head. "No, it's alright. I really just need a better way of carrying all this. My fault for getting in the way anyway."

2/27/2012 #12
Skye Cloudgate

(We do have the best home-cookin'. :))

Melodia still held the tools. "If you need help, I could help you." She offered, having a sort of soft spot for mortals.

2/27/2012 #13
Artemisia032495

(Oui. While apparently Ohio only has nuts that look like buck's eyes. And we count distance in time to get there not by miles (I have done that myself sadly.))

Julius struggled to get everything back in place so he could carry it easier but he nodded. "I'm fine, just need to do some stuff here like doing something with this bag of seed and things will be easier." He set down the bag and shifted things from hand to hand.

2/27/2012 #14
Skye Cloudgate

"Alright, but my offer still stands." She replied, as she watched the farmer reset his arm-load of supplies.

(I've never been to Ohio, but I've been through it, on my way to Illinois, unfortunately I wasn't driving, and I was asleep at the time. Road trip.)

2/27/2012 . Edited 2/27/2012 #15
Artemisia032495

Julius nodded. "Alright, yes ma'am." He said kindly. He shifted all his tools he had into one arm while picking up the bag of seeds with the other. "I think that's about it..." He said, checking over everything he had.

(It's not that much to look at anyway. Rarely there is a hill in the country. It's mostly corn, beans, another feild of corn, oh look a tree, more beans, more corn, look a house, but when you get to big cities there is actually something to look at which is either signs or water towers... or sometimes the gaint Santa statue randomly standing in front of a building. I like Kentucky, but like you I've only passed through it. And usually the landscape is so pretty I am constantly looking out the window of my family's van, plus I can't sleep in moving vehicles.)

2/27/2012 #16
Skye Cloudgate

(When I'm not driving, I can't stay awake in a moving vehicle. It's been that way since...Well, since I was born. XD And yes, the landscape here is beautiful, expecially in Autumn.)

She looks around on the ground, and soon spots a small coin purse. "Oh, is this yours, as well?" She asked, picking it up, and holding it in her right hand. The bag looked exceptionally full, probably with gold coins.

2/27/2012 . Edited 2/27/2012 #17
Artemisia032495

(I always stay awake when I am driving or in a vehicle. I've always wanted to move out of state to another state that isn't so...corny, beany and boring. It is easy to fall asleep in Ohio, the scencry can put anyone to sleep, that's how both my sisters are. But me and my friend Chelsea were talking and and she asid she would love to move to Tennesse while I would love Kentucky or Tennesse. Or South...Carolina I think. I don't know.)

Julius looked at the object. "I don't know...I've been known for dropping and losing things though since htis nice little run in we have here with my lovely farming tools causing trouble." He focased more on getting fully situated.

2/27/2012 #18
Skye Cloudgate

She shrugged her slender shoulders, and kept the coin purse. "Hmm..."

(I've lived in Kentucky all my life. Born and raised, in Louisville, with family in Cub Run, and lower south, along with Florida, Alabama, and I believe California. We's jus a buncha countree folk, don't know nottin' 'bout that city life. XD)

2/27/2012 #19
Artemisia032495

Julius tied the seed to his belt to try and clear one of his hands. "I'm just a poor farmer anyway, was born one, became a soldier, then went back to being a farmer so I'm not that good at it again." He said calmly.

(XD I live in an itty-bitty town in northwestern Ohio, born in the nearest big city at 1:14 in the afternoon, then I was brought home the next day. I have family all over my small hometown and in other places I don't even know. But I know South Carolina, North Carolina or Georgia for sure. It's one of those three that my uncle Duane lives. My buddy Teresa lives in the country and she says the country is better.)

2/27/2012 #20
Skye Cloudgate

"Well then here. You need this more than I do." She replied, holding out the bag of coins. "And as I said before, if you need help, just ask." She smiled softly.

(I agree, the country is a better lifestyle. Fresh air, fresh food, and all that.)

2/28/2012 #21
Artemisia032495

Julius smiled and nodded. "Thank you though I can handle my own...once I can get a hold of it." He said calmly. "I'm going to set this stuff down, it's hurting my arms." He said in defeat, setting down everything he was carrying and untying the seed bag and putting it next to his supplies. "I am a bad, bad, bad, farmer..." He said rubbing his forearms and looking at the things he had just been carrying.

(I only know the city life but once during the summer I would spend a week with my grandparents in the country and I loved it. I like the country and all that.)

2/28/2012 . Edited 2/28/2012 #22
Skye Cloudgate

(At one point in time, I spent a month with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and twin infant cousins, in my aunt's 4 bedroom house, in Athens, Alabama. It was fantastic. Great weather, save for the one huge storm that hit, and a backyard in-ground pool, which they've filled with concrete since then.)

"You're not a bad farmer." She tried to reason with him. "Just out of practice."

2/28/2012 #23
Artemisia032495

(Aw...my grandparents have this old pond and it's full of fish we like to feed. It's still there today too, though my grandparents now leave every winter to go somewhere warmer, there son now stays and watches the house. But still that one Christmas we were at my grandparents house and the pond had a thick layer of ice on it and one slip from my cousin Nick and his butt broke through the ice without even trying. It was wet too...Ah, memories.)

Julius smiled. "I know this, I am not one to easily admit I am a bad farmer since I once was a warrior."

2/28/2012 #24
Skye Cloudgate

"There are warriors in my family as well." She smiled in return, speaking truthfully as her family included Mars, the God of War.

(My grandparents moved from Cub Run, to Louisville, and had my mom and uncle, on the same street we live on now. Roots.....)

2/28/2012 . Edited 2/28/2012 #25
Artemisia032495

Julius nodded, smiling. "My family was full of farmers, then me becoming a warrior. My mother was less than thrilled." He laughed and shook his head.

(One side of my family I see 6 hours once a year possibly every year and the other I could see any time I wanted. So my family is pretty...far out.)

2/28/2012 . Edited 2/28/2012 #26
Skye Cloudgate

(We used to have a huge family reunion every year, but then my great uncle got cancer, and he just lacks the energy to set up anything now. It's really sad, because that was basically the only time I got to see most of my family.)

"My family is full of alot of things." Her smile grew slightly.

2/28/2012 #27
Artemisia032495

(Aw...the last time I saw most of my family was Thanksgiving at my great uncle's funeral visitation a couple days after one of my classmates had commited suicide the day before Thanksgiving this year. I was in stitches and kept telling my mom I wanted to go home. But I got to see my family and my godmother plus I took my sister back to her college before going home.)

Julius nodded. "Some how I can believe that everyone's family is full of a lot of things."

2/28/2012 #28
Skye Cloudgate

(That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. Ten years ago, this June, I lost my grandma to Lung Cancer. She smoked from the time she was sixteen, until a few years before it hit her. It started in her brain, and spread to her lungs. She didn't last a month. I think about her everyday. So, it could be worse.)

"True." She tilted her head to the side, allowing her jet black hair to fall over her shoulder.

2/28/2012 #29
Artemisia032495

(Aw...I'm so sorry for your loss. About three years ago my great grandma died but she was really sick. She died the day of my freshman orientation of highschool though after time passes I know pain just doesn't go away. The Monday after Thanksgiving break, after Kent had killed himself, my classmates were never so quiet that it was a deathly silence. The teachers were being annoying too...but that day I had a nice nap in french class and I felt better...)

Julius breathed deeply for a second. He looked at his supplies and just shook his head.

2/28/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Artemisia032495 Amacin, Velena Velaryon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member